“Metal” Mike Chlasciak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: “Metal” Mike Chlasciak

In reality, anybody who can make a good living in music probably doesn't "suck". There may be better players out there (there always is)..... but hey, there are great athletes that don't make the top league in their particular sport too. I've never heard an album with Metal Mike, (I'm more in the age bracket to have listened to original Priest), but I'm sure he doesn't suck, otherwise he wouldn't be where he is.

When I was younger, I was probably a lot more judgmental about players' ability. Now with wife, kids, mortgage, job, I probably envy them more than anything else. I would LOVE to get paid to play (Trust me, it would be a bad investment to pay me to play. If you want to, send money, no refunds, sorry) [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
      Spastic Ink is Brain Numbing...I love it!!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man! I thought i was the only one listening to Spastic Ink! They are absolutely weird... and funny! And good! I don't know much about them though.
      My bass player one day walks in with this copy of S.I. and we all sat down and listened to it. Well, that evening we didn't get to do much rehearsing - we just sat there, jaws dropped and laughin' at the same time. They sure are special. I think the album was intended to be music for a cartoon or something?
      Well, any info on this band is appreciated.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

If you guys dig Watchtower and Spastic Ink you should check out Spiral Architecht, Atheist and Cynic.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I bet that everyone who is even remotely into weird stuff has already listened to Atheist and Cynic. It's not like these bands are unknown among jazzdeath-metalers (considering the fact that they were among the first bands who actually played it) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, but it's worth saying since someone's gotta have not heard of them. Add Mekong Delta and Aghora to the list.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Horns666, i am an ass. and rob is trying to get back in preist and they don't want him. they like ripper and he is a good singer. rob has been bashing metal since he left priest. and now that its making a come back, he's trying to get back in the spotlight and msny people/organisations are helping him because he was in priest. granted metal mike is a better guitarist than me, but metal songs are supposed to have good ripping solos in every song. thats why i think everything sucks these days. when i say i'm in a metal band people say: "what like korn or limp biscuits" and it makes me sick. bring back the days of real metal. when a shedder was a prerequisit for any metal band. what happend to the days of non hip hop influnce heavy metal? it just makes me angry thinking about it. all these kids with their baggy pants playing powerchords with 1 finger, jumping up and down, screaming what a bad ass they are. man it just burns me up.

i expected a lot better from rob halford when he made his "metal" comeback.... he WAS in JUDAS PRIEST for crying out loud. and to me the new stuff just sounds like a record company threw the band together and said write some tunes that appeal to the new non melodic "heavy" music fans.
              it just can't walk down the street humming or whistling a new halford tune like i can with the old priest stuff.

so yeah i have a bad attitude about the state of metal right now. and sorry if it offends amyone.
              its like today instead of the "new wave of british heavy metal" we have the "new wave of yo! mtv raps metal" and thats not cool.
              i just miss the days of long hair, tight pants, good guitar sounds, guitarist that can play, being able to hear the bass guitar instead of guitar low end, and singers that could sing. (granted i suck at both but i will keep plugging along for the sake of real metal)

if you want to hear what i mean click the link below. ~JW
              |
              V
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

oh yeah,

the name is bassed on the song "rebellion in dreamland" by Gamma Ray.
                kai hansen's band (founder of helloween and the godfather of dugga dugga)

~JW
                Widow - "We have songs"

Comment

Well Dreamland Rebel ....Your a day late and a dollar short. I know your fairly new to the board and do not realize that I covered everything that you mentioned countless times with great passion and Rage. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Besides I did not call you an ass , I said that if you keep on bashing everything you'll end up sounding like an ass. I checked out all of your Music on your site and it is Good ...yes it is real Metal and for that you have my Respect!! Send me a copy of your CD and I'll give it an honest review ...I'll buy one, but after hearing your MP3s I have a good idea what Widow is all about and have my opinions . If you wish to know my opinions you can PM me. But I simply disagree with your views of Halford.....I think he sounds stronger than ever and has a tremendous lineup of great musicians....much better than the withering , and tired Priest (Demolition anyone)...IMO

I know Tim and he is a talented singer but he is NOT of Halford's caliber by any stretch . This will be prooved once he re-unites with them for their farewell tour after he completes his tour....I don't care what their Website states ...I know this as fact!!

The state of Metal has never been better ...PERIOD. But here in the states it is not popular . The only thing that get's promoted around here is the same ol cookie cutter Rap BS and Nu Metal BS....Korn Bisciut and Kid Limp and Blah Blah..... Music for Monkeys , No musical value whatsoever..IMO. I get the same feeling watching a Chimp Finger paint when I listen to Rap... well it's art right??? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ..get the fuk outta here!! [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

My band Evilution is absolutely True Metal that you would probably like as well....it's in vien of Nevermore , King Diamong , Coroner and Testament and Forbidden as references ..
                  I take great pride in our music and can't wait to get it out to the masses this year.

There is very little about true metal of all genres that I don't know . I have a Metal library of approx 4000 cds and have a copy of just about everything you can possibly think of Plus Iv'e been playin bass and Guitar for 25 years.....so my opinion should be valued somewhat...wouldn't you say

If you like Owens pick up Winters Bane ...he much better on his own material

This is just to let you know I'm NOT some clueless jackoff and know what I'm talking about....

Keep up the good work and just keep bashing Rap and the like ...just don't bash the ones that are keeping the Metal scene alive ..underground anyways . MM/Halford is a talent and should be given the same respect as you or me ....does that make sense ... I sure hope so!!

[ March 07, 2003, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

well... i'm glad to know there is one more true metal head in the world.

and i do think rob is a better singer. i'm just let down by the band.

would love to hear your stuff.

i'll send you cd of the full length when we finish it.
                    but i still think my guitarist is better than MM
                    hehheh.
                    ~JW
                    Widow - "We have songs"

Comment

Cool...I'm looking foward to it . You might think I'm better than MM [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...I don't think so but you may [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] . Your dude sounds pretty cool as well

Keep me posted when you get your stuff out and I'll do same

Stay heavy!!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

What the heck is Aghora up to now? Their site hasn't been updated in a while.

I'll listen to anything Sean Reinert or Malone play on! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Santiago Dobles: Yet another underrated shredder who has taste!

You know when we were talking about "Best Bassist" a while back? I mentioned DiGeorgio but I forgot Malone! I'm such a sh!t head! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm glad to see this subject come up. Lets discuss more shall we... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I met and hung out and traded bass licks with Steve a few years ago while he was passing through Cleveland ....he a great bassist!!

CS ...you shoulkd know by now that I have all that good stuff :

Cynic
                          Atheist
                          Mekong Delta
                          Sadist
                          Theory in Practice
                          Symbyosis
                          Spiral Architech
                          Psychotic Waltz

I live for this stuff... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
                            i just miss the days of ...tight pants,
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                            [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                            [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Uhhhhhhh, maybe it's good you are making friends with Bill now bwahahahahahaha

J/K bros! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X