“Metal” Mike Chlasciak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: “Metal” Mike Chlasciak

He's trying to make the same point you are, jackass...Try reading the whole thread next time.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Stratvox: You might try throttling back a little bit. I think you're misinterpreting jackson1's meaning. I read it to mean simply that the cross has a non-Nazi backstory going well back in history before WWII, so we shouldn't automatically equate it with German war atrocities. Heck, he even refernce Nazi efforts as a "cruel quest". Take it easy.

Back to the topic: The GW article says it's going to be a USA Select, not an import. Sounds like that's changed, BM. Either that or it's yet another instance of our clueless media getting facts wrong.

Comment

Also, re: the "first" import Artist Signature guitar. ...Ummm. PC3, anyone? And wasn't there a Mustaine import-KV before that? Then the import Y2KV model. ...Maybe others?

[ March 04, 2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

I wasn't talking to anyone in particular.

I keep looking because there are people that are interested in the GUITAR and they might have questions, which I'm in a better position than anyone here to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
            I wasn't talking to anyone in particular.

I keep looking because there are people that are interested in the GUITAR and they might have questions, which I'm in a better position than anyone here to answer.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good enough - crabby face retracted! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] And yes - I'm more into guitars than politics too! That's why I didn't get all bent out of shape over the guitar's description. Politics set aside, I always thought the equipment the Germans used was pretty impressive. No one gets too bent out of shape over any of Amir Derakh's fighter graphic guitars (yes - at LEAST one was a German motif), so I can't figure out why this one was causing such an uproar.

Comment

i can't believe they are giving metal mike a signiture deal. he's not a very impressive guitarist. my lead guitar player smokes him. MM can't write any good songs either, both Halford ablums suck! they seem to me to be a pathetic attempt to try and sway Judas Priest to let him back in the band. i'd rather see the real priest with ripper owens then rob halford with metal mike. the new halford album is even worse than the first. its funny that roy Z is involved and it still sucks. roy z did great with bruce and adrean for those 2 albums before the reunion. i had to listen to half the 2nd halford album before i heard and actual "solo" and then it was still week as hell. yeah there was some lead work before that but nothing you could call an actual solo. bottom line... halford should fire the whole band and get some real players. ones that think screaming for vengence and defenders of the faith are their favorite albums. and painkiller.

jackson should endorse my guitarist way before metal mike.

edited cause i suck!

[ March 05, 2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Dreamland_Rebel ]
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Speaking of Swastikas, weren't they religious symbols long before they became known for being a Nazi symbol? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                BTW, Dave Linsk from Overkill has a King Kelly with cutouts and a huge Maltese or Iron cross on it. Guitars with graphics/old symbols are cool.. who cares what they supposedly symbolize or used to symbolize?

[ March 05, 2003, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam I think the religious symbol was a reversed swastika sign.. its from Hinduism I think.. or just that origin in general.

Comment

Geez, Mariah, I was just trying to expand on the point that the Maltese Cross art is not a Nazi symbol. Not trying to be redundant.

By the way, while many Nazi rank-and-file members were probably Christians, Nazi ideology was opposed to Christianity--it was thought to be a foreign religion and not inline with the Nazis' notions of a pitiless national "will". Nazi ideology (and most top Nazis) was either explicitly atheist or favored a resurrection of the ancient Germanic polytheistic religion. Probably the result of Hitler and his buddies listening to a little too much Wagner in their formative years. But that said, Hitler was shrewd enough to realize that he could not simply ban Christianity in a country where the vast majority of people were devout believers. It's worth noting that even Stalin, who sought to destroy the church, took the step of coopting the Russian Orthodox church into his regime--it's a totalitarian thang.

Another point--the Maltese cross was indeed used on airplanes during WWI, up to about the beginning of 1918 when the regular cross began to come into use. Baron v. Richthofen's Fokker Triplane used the Maltese cross, while every picture I've seen of the later Fokker D-7 from 1918 had the regular cross.

Yes, I was a warplane buff as a kid. And yes, I think the Maltese cross motif is a really cool graphic for a guitar. A "Red Baron" themed graphic would be way cool--blood red guitar with the Maltese cross in black with a white outline.

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
                      Toejam I think the religious symbol was a reversed swastika sign.. its from Hinduism I think.. or just that origin in general.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe it's Buddhism.

As for Metal Mike.. he freakin' shreds!! I'm guessing you haven't seen the NAMM video.. sure his bends were um.. slightly out of tune.. but he sure likes speed. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm with Word all the way, i think Metal Mike is a pretty damn good guitar player when it comes to Metal. My buddy brought back a VHS tape of a few different shows in Europe, and he rocked on all of them, very precise player, i heard no slop in his leads whatsoever.
                        Dreamland Rebel, if your lead player smokes him, make sure you keep him in your band [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I would love to hear him if he's really that good, [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        Don't forget that Mike's with Halford as a "hired gun", so it won't be an album filled with 2 minute solos on each song, that's just not what his role is. Plus i think the other guy wrote 90% of the tunes on the first Halford, so i don't think you can base his writting abilities on that alone. I really liked the first one they made ,nothing fancy, just a straight out "metal" album, the second was IMO not so good, but i've heard worse. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                        cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
                          i can't believe they are giving metal mike a signiture deal. he's not a very impressive guitarist. my lead guitar player smokes him. MM can't write any good songs either, both Halford ablums suck! they seem to me to be a pathetic attempt to try and sway Judas Priest to let him back in the band. i'd rather see the real priest with ripper owens then rob halford with metal mike. the new halford album is even worse than the first. its funny that roy Z is involved and it still sucks. roy z did great with bruce and adrean for those 2 albums before the reunion. i had to listen to half the 2nd halford album before i heard and actual "solo" and then it was still week as hell. yeah there was some lead work before that but nothing you could call an actual solo. bottom line... halford should fire the whole band and get some real players. ones that think screaming for vengence and defenders of the faith are their favorite albums. and painkiller.

jackson should endorse my guitarist way before metal mike.

edited cause i suck!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Besides the fact that your remarks are very debatable, not all Jackson sig models are for shredders anyway (Phil Collen? Not a shredder). Metal Mike is associated with Rob Halford which is why
                          he gets that nod for a sig model. I thought Resurrection was pretty good, and
                          I'm sure Priest would have Rob back in a
                          split-second if he was willing. Nothing against Ripper, but they could go back to
                          arenas with Rob instead of playing the House of Blues.

You should post some mp3s at the mp3 section so we can hear your smokin' lead player and decide for ourselves if he's better than Metal Mike. Who knows, some one from FMIC might surf through and like
                          it enough for your guy to at least get a
                          discount endorsement.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well I totally disaggree with Dreamland Rebel (very appropriate name by the way) but it seems that everytime I read one of his post ...It's always this sucks or that sucks you suck and I suck....OK Dreamer everyone and everything sucks...happy now. I know Timmy Owens and he does do a fine job but C'mon he's not worthy to lick the dung off Halford's boot....Get a clue dude!! I do agree with you that Roy Z smokes BTW

Listen to both JP live w/ tim and listen to live Insurrection ....now who does a better job with the priest tunes.....you can't be deaf..right [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I'm sure your guitarist is good but I sure can hold my own and I don't have an endorsement either just like many people on this board who are major shredders...talent alone don't get you endorsements

Stop with the bashing ...It makes you look like an ass...that's my FREINDLY advice!

BTW Crucible and Masterplan w/Jorne Lande are fine releases. Besides the best guitarist in Halford is the drummer ...he's the main man from Watchtower Y'know...betcha didn't know that!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ March 06, 2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                              Besides the best guitarist in Halford is the drummer ...he's the main man from Watchtower Y'know...betcha didn't know that!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually the Jarzombeck brother in Watchtower is Ron who plays guitar although Bobby did help out Ron with some drums on his Spastic Ink project.
                              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Damn I stand corrected ...your right!! Bobby also plays for Riot. Good Call [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Spastic Ink is Brain Numbing...I love it!!

[ March 06, 2003, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X