New Metallica CD Due in June - Lars Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Metallica CD Due in June - Lars Comments

hey hey, doesn't this crap belong on the esp forum? METALLICA rox0rs! muahahahha, [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

its all music, some is better. But its all opinion based. I'll be goign to this concert...jsut to see metallica. They better play the old stuff, or I'll be mad. I wanna hear Dyer's Eve live damnit! har har.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
      I wanna hear Dyer's Eve live damnit! har har.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that would be nice. That's my favorite song off the Justice album. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Out of the 4 times I saw them on the Justice tour, they played it once. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Erock420:
        Fuk Jason. He couldn't hang so now all he does is bash. I wanna do this project and this project, blah, blah blah, I can't be committed to the Beatles of heavy metal because I have to express... Oh wait, I suk and Im rich and famous because these guys picked me up, and now I just talk trash about them. I have faith that I will like the new album as much as I have enjoyed EVERY other album by them, Its a shame if everything said about them is negative. I think a lot of people have already made up their minds that they wont like it, regardless what it sounds like. And because of the bands they are taking out, C'MON! Mudvayne is the SHIOTT, The Deftones well enough said. What really suks, and what everyone inside really feels, isn't how terrible of a band Limp Biskit are, Ive seen them 5 times over the years and they are (like it or not) the originators of that sound, and a good band, but all the bands that tried to imitate them and Korn and thus created this HORRIBLE Nu-metal stigma. This tour will kick ass. Im going to see the guys that made me pick up the guitar.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is hilarious!!!! LOL [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Mudvayne the "shiott?"... I'm sure....

...and Limp Dickonastick, well.. I think we've all seen the video of Fred Durst imitating Vanilla Ice.. so.. enough said there... and as for Wes Borland.. well I don't remember in the manual of life and music where it said that changing the order of strings and detuning them different makes you talented. "3 Dollar Bill ya'll..." Yeah....

I'll admit... Korn is original... doesn't mean I have to like them...

I'm still laughing hysterically about the Limp Dickbiscuit comment...

Also... you say that nu-metal is horrible.. yet you still listen to Mudvayne. Hmm....

Originally posted by Erock420:
        Fuk you. And FUK averyone that makes personal attacks out of opinions you little twit. And if you consider the Deftones "nu-meatl" then you just proved you dont now what the hell you are talking about. Are you saying someone did the biskit sound before them? Who? Rage? 311? Your full of it dude.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The biscuit sound... since when did Limp Dickquick ever actually make a sound? Theynever will be originals... Fred Durst is just a rich white boy pretending like he's lived in the ghetto all his life... well cry me a frikkin' river Fred Durst.. you never had it hard like many of the other people out there who really do have it hard. It's people like him that glorify the ghetto that make me absolutley sick. To listen to their music and actually publicly and openly say that you enjoy it and that their original only degrades yourself as a human being.

For the record... Limp Dickbiscuit did not create rap rock... if you remember correctly Aerosmith did that with Run DMC in the 80s.

Comment

Limp dosen't have a sound, It a mish mosh of bad white boy rapping, let face it he has no FLOW what so ever, and early korn, I do think Wes is a good not great guitar player and the best move he mad was to leave when he did, this time next year Limp will be on VH1 where are they now.Metallica's better days are FAR behind them.And yes the Deftones ARE NU-metal along with many other bands. Do you even have a clue. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          www.kiddhavok.com
          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Word:
            For the record... Limp Dickbiscuit did not create rap rock... if you remember correctly Aerosmith did that with Run DMC in the 80s.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought that was Anthrax and Public Enemy. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Has an album title been chosen yet? How about Reloaderer in honor of sequals that should not be.........

Comment

album title is Saint Anger

Comment

Originally posted by The Enema:
                  well i will be getting it as soon as i possibly can,

even though i like the older stuff i still think the newer albums are good, different but stil good, if the band hat made them wasnt metallica some of you anti metallica doods would probably not slag it as much as you do

David
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm with you dude.

I don't expect a musician to keep doin' the same stuff over and over again. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Facebook - Youtube

Comment

go here first...

www.metal-sludge.com/RandomThoughtsMetallicaPR.htm

i agree with skidd...Lars bashed Fred Durst on a number of occasions and yet he will still go on tour with them to promote a new album...why would either side want to be there other than the money i wouldn't want to go on tour with someone i talked trash about there's bound to be problems which if problems occur could cost the fans in the long run with cancelled shows or band not wanting to perform i know if i shelled out some cash for a show (and let's face it ticket prices are expensive) anyone have a price on tickets for this show ??? it will be interesting to watch what happens...it may turn out like Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth the tour ended they shook hands and them went and talked more trash about each other with problems from the tour...this will be interesting

my 2 cents

big daddy wombat :-}

Comment

i always thought beastie boys or rage against the machine started it [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

The proof is in the pudding, although I've seen Metallica live 11 times and it just kept getting worse.

I'm 22 so I'm not as old as the trues but I consider myself one because anyting beyond AJFA really bugs me.
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

OK, I'm 35. So I was in high school when "Kill 'em All", and "Ride" came out. The band was accused of selling out then, long before the "Load/Reload" stuff. They were accused of selling out between "Ride" and "Puppets". I agree the sound and pace has changed dramatically over the years. Maybe not all of it for the better. There were enough songs between "Load" and "Reload" to make one good album I thought. We shall see what "Met 2-K-3" is all about. I'm with a lot of people on the issue of why they are going on the road with Fred. I don't get it. Does Limp even have a replacement for Wes Borland yet?

I will say this...last time I saw Metallica ('98 maybe), they hit the ground running with "Breadfan", and the last beat went directly into "Master of Puppets".

The real bottom line: Benjamins

[ February 13, 2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: surfdork ]

Comment

Hell, I doubt if Lars even knows anymore what 'heavy' is.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Of course he knows... I'm sure his "depends" are quite heavy when he gets offstage...

[ February 13, 2003, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

Word dude, I've never heard Fred Durst rapping any lyrics that had anything to do with the ghetto. What Limp Bizkit albums are you listening to?

I'm looking forward to hearing the new Metallica, whether or not it turns out to be any good. It's been so long since they've put out anything new, and I've liked them for so long, I'm interested in hearing what they've been up to.

Comment

I heard a radio interview with Lars the other day about the new record. In his usual convoluted way, he babbled endlessly. But from what I got is that there will be more old school influence in it.

But checkout what Mr Newstead has to day about Metallica these days:

http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=4136

Aaah, the saga continues...

Comment

Working...
                                X