I'm starting a new MONTHLY post here...read on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'m starting a new MONTHLY post here...read on

http://www.passenger.nu/mainpage.html the singer from in flames new side project band for new school stuff it's not bad I'd listen to this before any of that other stuff , well if you haven't heard this yet check it out . also I downloaded some of this I am listening to it right now , I downloaded the "musique" album check it out http://www.theatreoftragedy.com/ some of it's a little weird [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] for me anyway , but I am a sucker for a moaning chick [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Time to resurrect this topic. =)

I've been OD'ing on metal with symphonic elements lately. It started with Blind Guardian, continued to Nightwish and now I'm deep into Therion.

Therion are great! Epic, progressive, strange, haunting music - often with an eastern touch. Half the time I can't tell whether it's metal or opera. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But they are great at interweaving mellow parts with brutal, crushing riffs - sometimes topped off with plenty of shredding. Maybe not for everyone (this is very far from your ordinary down-to-earth "rock'n'roll"), but definately worth checking out for those that may be interested. Be warned though: The first few albums are nothing but old-school death metal. If you like melodic stuff with clean vocals, you may want to stay clear of those.

Funny thing is I got into them after I heard their cover of ABBA's "Summernight City", which was _very_ different from the original, with an almost baroque vibe to it. =)

I can warmly recommend the albums "Deggial", "Theli", "Vovin" and "Secret of the Runes".

'bane

Comment

Blood Duster
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Anarion
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
          X