I'm starting a new MONTHLY post here...read on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'m starting a new MONTHLY post here...read on

I managed to find a Mithotyn song on Kazaa but haven't had luck finding anything more. I've got "In The Forest Of Moonlight". I'm quite enjoying it actually! Thanks Paul!

They've got a similar style to Suidakra, going for the whole folkish black metal sound, but this feels a little more Vikingish/Scandinavian than Celtic/Scottish/Irish. Pretty nice!

Comment

Damn, pity that Ken rarely posts anymore to consider this a monthly activity. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks to those who recommended Lost Horizon. Yesterday I bought the "Awakening The World" CD, and when I put it in my CD player this morning, I realized that I had already downloaded most of the tracks from this CD. Good thing, because those were songs I enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
        On the opposite side of the world ffrom blast beats and growling, you have doom.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am a huge Southern Lord fan as well, but I have to say, those bands DO growl!! Thorr's Hammer has quite possibly the most gutteral growler ever, and she's a 90 lb blonde girl!!

If you really want to hear some cool metal that is outside the ordinary, check out Anubis Rising.
        Anubis Rising
        They are sort of a doom band from here in Los Angeles, but with a Neurosis kind of twist. I was going to fill in on guitar for their summer tour, but the guy they asked first stepped up. They felt really bad, so I will be going along anyways cause I am friends with all of them!!

-Ace

Comment

check out my uncles band Narccisus

www.narcissusrock.com

Comment

OK...I have a few new bands to check out.
            WOW!....I see this thread hasn't been very popular since I've been absent from the board...LOL!

DECEMBER- From Reno NV.....very heavy sh*t! Grind band...been around a while...just got signed to Earrache.

Soul Embrace- yet ANOTHER side project of LIVING SACRIFICE members Rocky Gray (now the drummer in Evanessence) and Lance Gavin...very heavy "machine-gun" type of riffs.

And speaking of Living Sacrifice (any fans of them here...they are parting ways [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] )

EXTOL....I'm sure some of our Norweigean members have heard of them...just starting to hear more of them here in the States! Killer Norweigean Black Metal!

That's my update list...keep adding PEOPLE!!....WOOHOO!

Comment

for melodic stuff I have been listening to To/Die/For - Jaded , http://www.todieforlove.com/ awesome album mellow but very cool , they're best one was Epilogue , Roope toured with em on the last tour they did check out the pics.
              and also I have been listening to corporation 187 http://www.bjornnilsson.com/c187/ newest release is the best ......... also I have been listening to some dumb ass bands newest demo http://www.mp3.com/Severed_Serenity , I hear the guitarist/vocalist , the one who's bald and sings , is a butt muncher ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:
                OK...I have a few new bands to check out.
                WOW!....I see this thread hasn't been very popular since I've been absent from the board...LOL!

DECEMBER- From Reno NV.....very heavy sh*t! Grind band...been around a while...just got signed to Earrache.

Soul Embrace- yet ANOTHER side project of LIVING SACRIFICE members Rocky Gray (now the drummer in Evanessence) and Lance Gavin...very heavy "machine-gun" type of riffs.

And speaking of Living Sacrifice (any fans of them here...they are parting ways [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] )

EXTOL....I'm sure some of our Norweigean members have heard of them...just starting to hear more of them here in the States! Killer Norweigean Black Metal!

That's my update list...keep adding PEOPLE!!....WOOHOO!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep I heard em , LIVING SACRIFICE , I remember when they use to sound like slayer , they are /were pretty good , Extol - I have heard they're 1st and 2nd albums they were allright didn't really like em , but someone told me that they're newest one was really killer ! , have you heard the newest Old Mans Child ? ****ing totally crazy man ! Nick Barker just ****ing fly's on the drumms and Galder's riffs are getting better . //Steve

Comment

Steve,
                  Yeah Living Sacrifice definitely had the Slayer thing going for a while back in the day...lately they've been sounding more like Fear Factory without the "industrial overtones"...sad to say though....they will soon be no more. Sad day...they are incredible musicians!

Extol's newest release IS simply amazing!....I was blown away, because like you...didn't think much of their older stuff.

Old Man'sChild...yes...major mindblowing sh*t there!...I love Dimmu Borgir too....so there's that correlation!

Another killer NEW band to check out...if you like the above mentioned (Old Man's Child and Dimmu) is ARSIS....from W.Virginia!Straighforward no-bullchit melodic Death metal!
                  Just discovered them surfing MP3.com last night...looks like they have something to look VERY forward to in the future. Their demo is BRILLIANT!

Severes Serenity?...yeah...I heard of them...I heard from a few JCF members that they suck balls! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] (j/k)

Comment

Nice call with Arsis, I checked out the mp3s on Mp3.com- pretty good stuff.

If you like brutal death metal check out

Nephasth
                    http://www.nephasth.cjb.net/

They're from Brazil, kind of Vader/Krisiun style.

Later-
                    John

Comment

John...NICE!

Nephasth Very cool sh*t!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been listening to Vice - Live at Wetlands a lot lately. Don't think it was ever released on CD, I believe the album was available as download only. Great live show though.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

DISCLAIMER: This is my Cousin's band so I'm biased [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Their style is hard to describe but it's underground, Their label is mostly horror punk (think late misfits) but other than the lyrics I don't think the really fit in that style.

Lets cross Cheap Trick, The Misfits, New York Dolls, Motley Crue, Enuff Z'nuff, Kiss, The Ramones and you might be close. so in other words a glam metal punk band. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oh the lead guitarest uses Jacksons, [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] my cuz on the other hand still loves his iceman [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

The name of the band is Randy and the Finks (Name change might be in the cards)

their website is http://www.randyandthefinks.com

some older mp3's are at http://artists.mp3s.com/info/232/ran...the_finks.html

[ May 24, 2003, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Hotrodder ]

Comment

Ever heard of Dreadnaught?
                            They're not extremely heavy or anything like that, but they have some neat songs. Its kind of a combination of rock, pop, jazz, and a whole lot of other stuff. They have a hell of a bassist o.O

Http://www.dreadnaughtrock.com

^.^ i'm sure they have some MP3s to download. I love watching their show.

Comment

Anal Blast - Version 5.Obese [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ May 25, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

jeez...i'm so frickin' busy with my own band that i don't really have the time or money to go checking out new bands...i can, however, put in good words for annah's project "Boneglove" and steve and dave's band "Severed Serenity" (their new demo is frickin' BAD!)...and also Evilution, john and bill's band (if it comes out sounding like i think its going to, then a lot of people are going to have a new favorite band...), plus chuckracer's band ,article 13 (i think), sound really good too...there's a lot of talent floating around this board if you go looking...oh and if you get a chance hit Devane's website to see what i've been up to...d.m.
                                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                                X