EDDIE VAN HALEN to Visit NAMM 2003!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EDDIE VAN HALEN to Visit NAMM 2003!

Shreddermans last remark is correct. he can only help himself.
    This is a sad thing to happen to a regular guy.
    To be EVH and have millions of fans looking up to you it must be devastating.
    I'm sure hes in his own personal hell right now.
    Good Luck, Eddie [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe Ed's cancer is worse than we know. If I was dying, I would probably be hammered 24/7 too. Either way, it's a shame. Regardless of how the last chapter is written, I'll always remember Ed, full of fire, wailing on his Kramer and setting the standard for rock guitar.

Get well ED!

Comment

Would YOU BUY a USED CAR FROM THIS MAN ?????

My thoughts...

Eddie NEVER QUIT DRINKING....

...he JUST QUIT HIDING IT ! ! !

What I SAW with my OWN EYES was THE SHELL of what was ONCE the GREATEST GUITAR PLAYER TO EVER LIVE !!!!!

I was EMBARASSED for him, SADDENED and HURT...

I'll BET you guys could NEVER, EVER PICTURE THESE WORDS coming out of MY MOUTH !!!!

{obviously, THIS PIC was NOT from the show...BUT...It MAY WELL HAVE BEEN !!!!}

[ January 21, 2003, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

What is that picture from Doc? Ed looks pretty sick there too.

Comment

My friend told me EVH couldn't even talk and grunted like Frankenstein and was making odd noises.

Comment

Well, While in the can [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] I was reading one of my wifes magazines that had an intervue with Val.
              She said after he was given a clean bill from the throut cancer he started smoking again and at that point she said"you're on your own"and moved out!
              I know in past posts people have bashed her for the whole striped guitar ban and other things but I think these pics tell you she could'nt have had much of a model family going on there. My 2 cents...Gary

Comment

That picture that Doc posted IS OLD, from 2000 right when he was dianogst with cancer, it was a performance at wolfgang's school.

Here's a new pic

I guss I'm still hoping for the best.
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Hey, check it out.. he looks kinda like Eddie 15 years ago..

but then again, what do I know? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

What a difference a year and a few drinks will do for you... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

As a recovering alcoholic myself, I KNOW...FOR A FACT...That you can NEVER, EVER just go back to "social drinking" or that "ONE glass of Cabernet with dinner"...If I had consumed ONE BEER with you guys, I would be BACK to a 1.75 lt of vodka a day - WITHIN A MONTH !!!!

Like I heard someone else say...

Eddie NEVER QUIT DRINKING...

He JUST QUIT HIDING IT !!!!!

Comment

As a recovering alcoholic myself, I KNOW...FOR A FACT...That you can NEVER, EVER just go back to "social drinking" or that "ONE glass of Cabernet with dinner"...If I had consumed ONE BEER with you guys, I would be BACK to a 1.75 lt of vodka a day - WITHIN A MONTH !!!!

Like I heard someone else say...

Eddie NEVER QUIT DRINKING...

He JUST QUIT HIDING IT !!!!!

Eddie's BUFFET BREAKFAST or LUNCHBOX is pictured BELOW !!!!

Comment

that is just too bad. it must be rough to be in that body. i've had vertigo for nine months and have cursed my body to death. it's sort of like being drunk, but instead of the spinning being amuzing, it's not! it's a bit frightning too. there must be something real frightning for this man if he's still drinking.

very sad indeed....

robert

Comment

I think Eddie many have been an alcoholic, sobered up, realized he was endorsing Peavey, went back to drinking.

-eric

Comment

Well, if he was as toasted as all are saying (which I believe) He was only there by the instructions of HIS LAWYER. If he didnt go to support the endorsee's agreement, we'd call that Breach of Contract!! And if you think about it the PEAVEY Money is all he's got coming in right now, I dont think the ROYALITIES on VH Albums are doing anything! Even though his Yoga thing didnt help him, Theres still HOPE for him! If he finaly gets tired of being sick and tired, he'll seek and find the answer. But we all need to remember this as a personal testament, Even if you have all the money in the world, fame or anything else, your life can still suck if you get caught in the wrong junk. Just my 02 Cents. Oh and I just realized, I'll have to add "And so is the bottle" into my signature below :-)

[ January 22, 2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: 1979Charvel ]

Comment

Originally posted by abalonevintage:
                                I think Eddie many have been an alcoholic, sobered up, realized he was endorsing Peavey, went back to drinking.

-eric
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X