Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EDDIE VAN HALEN to Visit NAMM 2003!

Originally posted by toejam:
    [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Isn't Paul Bostaph in Systematic now?[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, Paul is in Systematic again.

Comment

What is the big deal? EVH doesn't have much else to do these days. Does he even have a record deal at this point?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No record deal and no singer. Big deal is it's much better to have him there than some nimrod from Nickleback.

Comment

Perhaps. But couldn't they get someone good like Mark Tremonti? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Even better...at least he is still active...Steve Vai

NAMM is just around the corner and Steve will be making two appearances - at the Ibanez and Carvin booths respectively. Check out the Latest News page for dates and times!

this is from www.vai.com

Comment

What is the big deal? EVH doesn't have much else to do these days. Does he even have a record deal at this point?

Comment

Finally, I beleive Dave Lombardo is back with Slayer where he should be [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                Finally, I beleive Dave Lombardo is back with Slayer where he should be [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is it permanent? Last I heard, he was just touring with them. I think Paul kicks his ass anyway, but they're both pretty awesome! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Eddie's got quite a few issues to clear up such as; a Label, A Singer, and a bass player. Isn't Mihael Anthony playing with Sammy now? or was that just for the Sam and Dave tour?
                  I know Warner Brothers dropped Van Halen last year due to no current music and breach of contract.
                  Has that been resolved too?
                  Gil

[ January 15, 2003, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: JACKSONFREAK ]

Comment

Michael just played a few dates with Sammy. He's not in his band. He and Sammy are putting a band together with Neal Schon and Deen Castranova - a side project for $hits and giggles. BTW Warner didn't drop Van Halen. It was mutual. Warner didn't want anything for release w/o Dave and Ed said no way that was going to happen. Michael Anthony said even Ed and Al rarely get together to play anymore - very bizarre situation. I think Ed's drinking, cancer and marriage problems have put his music at the bottom of the priority bin.

Comment

thats pretty much what happens when a label drops you. Hi, we no longer want what you have to offer, call us when....

Comment

Warner Bros. shouldn't have told/instructed/demanded that Eddie cut Cherone loose. That's when the wheels finally came off the VH cart, when the label got to decide who and who wouldn't be on the next album and in the band.

Mer

Comment

Originally posted by Meridian:
                          Warner Bros. shouldn't have told/instructed/demanded that Eddie cut Cherone loose. That's when the wheels finally came off the VH cart, when the label got to decide who and who wouldn't be on the next album and in the band.

Mer
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, no disrespect to Gary Cherone but it didn't seem that he was working out. I don't know anybody
                          who was favorably impressed with Van
                          Halen III, and the live MTV concert
                          was embarassing. It's odd, he was great with Extreme, but with Van Halen he was so Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Not that there's anything
                          wrong with that... if you're in FGTH,
                          not VH.

[ January 18, 2003, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I think you can lay most of the blame on that disaster with producer Mike Post.

Comment

I didn't see the concert, but I was impressed with VHIII.

It's a weird album, no doubt about it, but it tries to look for something else in the musical universe. Maybe that doesn't fit with the Van Halen image everyone of us have of him, but hey, when you're a millionaire and you like music, why not to experiment and do what you want?

I still have Eddie as one of my favorites player ever. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ January 18, 2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
                              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Yeah, I actually like some of the stuff on VH3. I was looking forward to another album with Gary, too. Oh well.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X