Black Labe Society - Mafia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Label Society - Mafia

I agree with Irfaan. My only thoughts is maybe that "is" who he really is. Think about it when he got the Ozzy gig he was what, 18 and only been playing for 5 years. I don't know about the rest of you, but I damn sure aint the same person I was when I was 18. Besides he is a kick arse player who keeps giving us music to talk about.

Comment

LoL, if I got the gig with Ozzy at 18 and got where he is today, I'd be a crazy SOB too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Still his stuff seems to be a bit imaged forced and he is a cool guy no doubt but he is forcing this image as mentioned with teh GW photoshoot. Just like at NAMM when he wouldn't sign his old poster because that is not his image... Oh well...
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I just got the disc yesterday, and I am really digging it.

Comment

Saw them last night...

they put on an excellent headlining show. Even though Zakk's solos get a bit tired after a while. He needs some new licks.

their support sucks! Meldrum is completely worthless.

Comment

does anybody had the demos for the "rock star" soundtrack? they recorded a buch of tunes that didnt make the cd , some were in the movie, some werent.Id love to hear them.

Comment

that would be great to hear!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

So for those who've seen him on this tour, what material is he playing? I assume a bunch from the new album, but what else? Does he play much from Blessed Hellride or Hangover Music? I only ask because my wife kind of wants to go see the show with me, but she doesn't like the "heavier" side of Zakk.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i'm not sure, but I think he might've played one song off Hangover music. 2 or 3 from the new album. I only recognized one song off Blessed Hellride.

The rest seemed to be the older stuff..off 1919 eternal and Stronger Than Death.

But I"m not real familiar with the entire body of work.

Comment

Re: Black Labe Society - Mafia

I ordered Mafia for my birthday (parents pay [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) and from what u guys say I can really look forward to hearing it! I already have The Blessed Hellride and it's great album [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I've had it about 2 weeks now. It's good, solid, a bit too slow for me but it's still Zakk so it rocks anyways.
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Zakk is a kick ass axe man. So what if he has an attitude.He earned it.Heavy metal was not built by the meek.
                          He has a pair of balls and is not afraid to voice his opinion.
                          I agree with the fact he was a young gun when he got the Ozzy gig.We all were figuring it out at that age.lol.
                          By the way,I bought BLS Mafia the day it came out and it kicks ass!!

Comment

Working...
                          X