Black Labe Society - Mafia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Label Society - Mafia

yea I dig sonic brew the best to -yea his voice is kind of like his version of Ozzy to me and ofcourse there is only one Ozzy-But its still down a dirty rock shred band so I think he is pretty cool-

Comment

I want to hear something a little more unpredictable from Zakk. He's super hard working for sure. He's putting out a new record every week it seems. Maybe he should slow down, take some time off and really write something GREAT. Song 15, the "bonus" track has the voice of the Zakk I like.

Comment

I like Zakk as a guitar player but all that tough guy exterior BS and loud persona is unecessary and quite frankly comes off a little forced. I think that one can play guitar like a maniac and still be even keeled.
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Re: Black Labe Society - Mafia

I still have to pick this up. BLS is headlining a local radio-station "beach party" [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] -type show around here in April. Killswitch Engage will be there too which is cool. I doubt I'll be wearing my jams there though! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Apparently, DamagePlan headlined the same show last year, so I'm sure there will be some kind of Dime tribute.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I like Zakk as a guitar player but all that tough guy exterior BS and loud persona is unecessary and quite frankly comes off a little forced. I think that one can play guitar like a maniac and still be even keeled.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I'm with you on this. Look at the new GW, what's with his "looks like I'm screaming" pose that he does all the time now? It's funny, I have a GFTPM from around '88 (with Miracle Man in it) where he's on the cover and just this fresh-faced, young gun that just got the gig of a lifetime (with Ozzy obviously). Now he's this red-neck, biker, tough guy (yeah, it seems a little forced to me too). No big deal, just something that's kinda annoyed me lately and glad to see it's not just me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              that's because Satriani's music is a wankfest...kids don't dig it at all. He is almost strictly for people who would rather watch guitar clinic videos than actually enjoy the music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close to true. Just because it's instrumental doesn't mean it's a wankfest. Have you ever even listened to a Satch cd? There's much more music coming out of Satch than the same old "chuggachuggachugga..." eardrum assault of BLS.

Comment

no its true...I have surfing with the alien, and the live G3 DVD. Its a wankfest. Complete boredom.

I"m not saying BLS is better...its just, the angst fueled 25 and under crowd that has the time to go to concerts are more likely to attend the BLS concert.

Comment

I bought it. I like it. I am going to see him in Cleveland on March 28th. Zakk kicks ass. He is still one of the old school hardcore metalheads that just wanna play. I would rather not overanalyze his playing - I'm just happy to hear real metal instead of nu-metal bullshit get all the press all the time. Hail!

Comment

Mafia is a solid effort, even if it falls a little short of Sonic Brew or 1919 Eternal. I really appreciate his work ethic though. I wish more artists were like Zakk in that respect.

Comment

No, I have to go try and get tickets. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

I like the BLS stuff and was going to buy it anyway because there isn't a lot else out there of this type of metal right now (educate me if I'm wrong, I love CD recommendations). I wondered about his voice too. Seems like he would be better off with a more straight ahead vocal style, or maybe he is just too far on the edge of his singing ability, dunno.

Comment

I like Mafia but i think it could be better. maybe too much 'dejavu' feeling.. (there is the final passage of the solo of 'Been a long time' that's the same the final passage of the solo of'horse called war'by P&G)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I'm with you on this. Look at the new GW, what's with his "looks like I'm screaming" pose that he does all the time now? It's funny, I have a GFTPM from around '88 (with Miracle Man in it) where he's on the cover and just this fresh-faced, young gun that just got the gig of a lifetime (with Ozzy obviously). Now he's this red-neck, biker, tough guy (yeah, it seems a little forced to me too). No big deal, just something that's kinda annoyed me lately and glad to see it's not just me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]My thoughts exactly! As much as I love metal played at obnoxious decibel levels I've always been annoyed and repulsed by loud people who seems to always be "ON". It's one thing to be playing your guitar while doing power squats and orgasmic facial contorsions but when you're done please feel free to turn it back down to zero. Just me I guess.
                            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just you...I watched the DVD a couple of weeks ago and I got really disapointed. Talking a lot of BS and acting like BLS is a real biker club with Chapters and so on, and it continues in all eternity....

He should like earlier mentioned concentrate more on the music and less on image and talking BS about other people.
                              He's good and I really like what he do but he's not god, not yet anyway...

JT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just you...I watched the DVD a couple of weeks ago and I got really disapointed. Talking a lot of BS and acting like BLS is a real biker club with Chapters and so on, and it continues in all eternity....

He should like earlier mentioned concentrate more on the music and less on image and talking BS about other people.
                                He's good and I really like what he do but he's not god, not yet anyway...

JT

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know I think he only gets like that when the camera's rolling. From what I hear, he's such an easy going dude, but very outgoing and friendly. Not obnoxious as he appears on other things when he's like F you and F this. Alcohol brings out a new side of ya too, god knows I know that [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]. I start talkin a lil more than usual, but that's another thread [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].I don't mind it honestly, I just see it as people change as they grow. He just grew into that, lol. All aside, he's a kickass dude and even through his phases in life, the music hasen't suffered. I still love everything from Book Of Shadows to his latest album.

Comment

Working...
                                X