No announcement yet.

The Zakk'n'Joe show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good example....Dimebag Darrell barely knew ANY theory at all and he was a GOD in my opinion. I loved Dime and still do to this day. I have a plastic "Solo" cup I caught that he threw into the crown in 1996 in Pgh. Pa. and I still wash it out and drink beer out of it every year on the anniversary of his death.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
      Yeah? Well this ain't 25 years ago and they don't get away with shit like they did in the 70s and 80s, especially since a certain "incident" in Vegas. A good comparison would be the KKK. Yes they were once a major group in this country and committed a lot of violence, yet compare today's KKK vs when it was in its "prime" (for lack of a better term) they're a mere shadow of what they used to be but it's members still act like they're the baddest thing on the planet. I still find it amazing that some people like to trash Zakk and will do so about any lil thing they think they can. I'd venture a bet that he plays better than no less than half the people on this forum. Funny how he was good enough to play with Ozzy, has sold more albums than anyone on here (most likely), and has toured the world enough times to lose count, yet the haters find every way possible to dog him and deny him the credit her deserves for his hard work and accomplishments.
      Whoa, steady on, old son, where was I denying him any credit for his playing ability or long career in music? FWIW he's one of my favourite songwriters, though, for my money, he was at his best around the Pride & Glory and Book of Shadows releases. Since then I think he's been coasting rather than becoming the universally respected musician /songwriter he deserves to be recognised as. I remain hopeful he'll realise his full potential and deliver a mature Pride & Glory 2 rather than dressing up like a Harley Pirate in the Sons of Anarchy.

Do I take it from your comments about the decline of criminal enterprises as bike gangs that you wouldn't be wary of strolling about wearing the colours of a pretend organisation? You seem to be saying the offence caused and subsequent danger is minimal and of no significance?
      There's the problem, some people might not have the knowledge about what those colours might mean to real MCs, despite their decline, and to me, it's irresponsible to assume that image without fully considering the consequences for others who would follow.

I mean, it's amazing how upset some people get when I wear my SS uniform in public, how can they think I'm part of an organisation that hasn't been accepting members for 69 years? I just think the uniforms look cool, my mates think it's a hoot and it gets certain women dripping in fetish clubs, why shouldn't I wear mine?
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I wear my colors proud and have since the early 90s. Do I stroll into places like I own it? Not hardly. I respect people wearing other colors and most times get respect in return. You act like an asshole you get treated like one. Of course there are always exceptions to everything. For those willing to give him his just dues (whether you like him or not) it seems we share a bit more in common than I gave you credit for at least in this instance. As for your uniform, Rs, I can see both sides of that one. but it personally wouldn't bother me.

P.S.- A lil searching, lefty, and you'll find a thread in which I posted about back in the day when I got to meet and get to know Dime. I won't rehash it here but it shouldn't be hard to find. Maybe some day we can sit down and have a beer in his memory.
        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
          That's a pretty amazing talent you have knowing what everyone on the forum is thinking. You're speaking for the whole forum when you say things like "You are preaching to a very uncaring crowd." I was stating a fact. Gibson claims JB is the best guitar player in the world and that's a fact. The only opinion I expressed was that it was a stupid thing to say no matter what company said it. Also like Nancy Reagan said bro "Reading is fundamental." My sig line says nothing of the sort. Show me where my sig line says "I hate Gibson." It says they make me want to puke since 1993.
          I am so sorry I got it so wrong. You are so right. How could I misinterpret your sig line that much. I am as dumb as you are implying. Thank you for pointing out my shortcomings. All of your positive, Gibson posts, and your positive Gibson sig line mean clearly had me confused.
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Absolutely painful to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
              I am so sorry I got it so wrong. You are so right. How could I misinterpret your sig line that much. I am as dumb as you are implying. Thank you for pointing out my shortcomings. All of your positive, Gibson posts, and your positive Gibson sig line mean clearly had me confused.
              Not implying that your stupid sir. Just that your facts aren't correct.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I wear my colors proud and have since the early 90s. Do I stroll into places like I own it? Not hardly. I respect people wearing other colors and most times get respect in return. You act like an asshole you get treated like one. Of course there are always exceptions to everything. For those willing to give him his just dues (whether you like him or not) it seems we share a bit more in common than I gave you credit for at least in this instance. As for your uniform, Rs, I can see both sides of that one. but it personally wouldn't bother me.

P.S.- A lil searching, lefty, and you'll find a thread in which I posted about back in the day when I got to meet and get to know Dime. I won't rehash it here but it shouldn't be hard to find. Maybe some day we can sit down and have a beer in his memory.
                Sounds like a plan brother! I wish I had the chance to meet Dime!

Comment

Yeah? Well this ain't 25 years ago and they don't get away with shit like they did in the 70s and 80s, especially since a certain "incident" in Vegas. A good comparison would be the KKK. Yes they were once a major group in this country and committed a lot of violence, yet compare today's KKK vs when it was in its "prime" (for lack of a better term) they're a mere shadow of what they used to be but it's members still act like they're the baddest thing on the planet. I still find it amazing that some people like to trash Zakk and will do so about any lil thing they think they can. I'd venture a bet that he plays better than no less than half the people on this forum. Funny how he was good enough to play with Ozzy, has sold more albums than anyone on here (most likely), and has toured the world enough times to lose count, yet the haters find every way possible to dog him and deny him the credit her deserves for his hard work and accomplishments.
                  Zack doesn't play better than me. Never has.... never will. Ever. He is famous... I am a nobody but I could still smoke him on guitar any day of the week.

Comment

Zack isn't better than Randy, he isn't better than Jake. To me he is Kirk Hammett without the wah pedal or the writing ability. Instead of the wah as a crutch.. he uses the rotovibe. Same thing.. different day. They both are marginal at best as guitar players. Its hard to decide who is more marginal.
                    Joe B is an average blues player to my ears.

Comment

+1 to the Kirk comparison. Also, they were both better players in the past who've declined IMHO. I'm not sure how you crash and burn on "Crossroads". Any semi-decent pentatonic player can find the pocket on that vibe. If you start to get into trouble, you can fall back on those easy but effective Clapton "inside" licks from the original. But for god's sake, don't turn to Vinnie Vincent "outside" chromatic runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        +1 to the Kirk comparison. Also, they were both better players in the past who've declined IMHO. I'm not sure how you crash and burn on "Crossroads". Any semi-decent pentatonic player can find the pocket on that vibe. If you start to get into trouble, you can fall back on those easy but effective Clapton "inside" licks from the original. But for god's sake, don't turn to Vinnie Vincent "outside" chromatic runs.
                        I respect Zakk for what he's done with a limited amount of talent. I however can not stand all the squealing that to me is his crutch like Kirk with the wah pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          Zack doesn't play better than me. Never has.... never will. Ever. He is famous... I am a nobody but I could still smoke him on guitar any day of the week.
                          "Better" is a relative term bro. Like I said I have a Masters Degree in Jazz and I wouldn't say I am better than anybody. We're all just different as players.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                            Zack isn't better than Randy, he isn't better than Jake. To me he is Kirk Hammett without the wah pedal or the writing ability. Instead of the wah as a crutch.. he uses the rotovibe. Same thing.. different day. They both are marginal at best as guitar players. Its hard to decide who is more marginal.
                            Joe B is an average blues player to my ears.
                            I like Randy and Jake better too but that's just personal taste. And Joe B. like all blues players to my ears is just doing the same stuff over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              Exactly!!!!

Comment

I'm surprised that as good as Zakk can Chicken Pick he didn't pull that card out. This would have been a prime time to pull out those country/southern rock influences and wear it out. It kinda reminds me of the time I took a Charvel Model 6 and a Line 6 AX2 to jam with a country band. It didn't end well for me! HA HA!

Comment

Working...
                                X