The Zakk'n'Joe show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
    Something tells me he's still sleeping ok at night knowing that. My guess is he is the last one think about "best" guitarist in the world. It's a silly statement, that has no correct answer, and everyone knows this. It's a marketing thing, and everyone knows this, but of course you do too. You just wanted to bash Gibson again.
    Anyone stupid enough to make a statement like that deserves to be bashed. Just another marketing ploy to sell over priced guitars that under perform when compared to any other brand in the same price range. Obviously everyone doesn't know it. I teach 54 people a week and at least 10 times a week I have to hear that from students. "He's so awesome Gibson said he was the best in the world so it must be true." I am sure if Stevie Ray Vaughan was still alive Fender would be doing the same thing too. The difference is I would bash them for it just as fast so it has nothing to do with who or what company made the absurd statement. It's an absurd statement so I am going to call them on it regardless. Yeah I wanted to "bash Gibson again" and you wanted to stand up for their stupidity...Again. I haven't seen so many four thousand dollar dogs since I used to date a girl in high school whose mom bred champion French Bulldogs. Yes it's true I don't care for Gibson, their prices or marketing techniques but does that mean I shouldn't say anything when they do or say something stupid? I love Fender, Jackson, Charvel and a myriad of other brands but when and if they do something this stupid I'll be right there to call a spade a spade. Believe it bro. EDIT; I'd also stop bashing them if they stopped giving me so many reasons to. Like putting a Korean made Floyd knock off on a $4000.00 dollar custom shop guitar and wording it in the sales description to make consumers think they're getting a "Geniune Floyd Rose."
    Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-25-2013, 08:07 AM.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
      Sorry to bust your bubble but Zakk has multiple Harley-Davidsons and rides frequently, therefore fails to meet your "wanna-be" status.
      I stand corrected. I don't follow Zakk's life outside of music and should not have commented.

I have to agree with LeftyKingV2 in that Joe B does rip off Eric Johnson on most his fast licks. I am not a huge fan of Joe B., but people at work let me listen to his stuff. I find one or two songs on each of his CD's to be inspiring. But, I am not deep into the blues.

Comment

Please make no mistake, I am not "standing" up for Gibson. They don't need me to do that. I am also no huge fan of Gibson. I have a couple and they are great. What I am standing up for is your continual soapbox pounding of your hatred of everything Gibson on a Jackson/Charvel site. You have it in your sig line, you've said it countless times in the most unrelated of times. It is duly noted. You are preaching to a very uncaring crowd. If it means that much to you, go express that over on mylespaul. At least those guys are focusing on the brand.
        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Please make no mistake, I am not "standing" up for Gibson. They don't need me to do that. I am also no huge fan of Gibson. I have a couple and they are great. What I am standing up for is your continual soapbox pounding of your hatred of everything Gibson on a Jackson/Charvel site. You have it in your sig line, you've said it countless times in the most unrelated of times. It is duly noted. You are preaching to a very uncaring crowd. If it means that much to you, go express that over on mylespaul. At least those guys are focusing on the brand.
          I have an Original 1976 Les Paul Standard that I wouldn't trade for anything as well. I love it. You should read my sig line better, it says "Since 1993." I don't hate "Everything" Gibson. I hate everything Gibson after 1993. They used to be one of my favorite companies but since 1993 and "Henry J." took over the company has lost it's way in my opinion and it's a crying shame. Gibson used to be great. Awesome guitars that played and sounded sweet and reasonably priced. Things have changed now though and in my estimation it's not for the better.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
            I stand corrected. I don't follow Zakk's life outside of music and should not have commented.

I have to agree with LeftyKingV2 in that Joe B does rip off Eric Johnson on most his fast licks. I am not a huge fan of Joe B., but people at work let me listen to his stuff. I find one or two songs on each of his CD's to be inspiring. But, I am not deep into the blues.
            +1 At least one person here has an ear!! Thanks buddy.

Comment

considering how many times I have heard others players RIP all over that song, this version was horrific. zakk wylde used to be a good player - what happened? joe b.? eh, I have heard him play MUCH better than that, but I am not a fan. what they did to that song was criminal....
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nah, that would be those people you see wearing Harley shirts, boots, leather jackets, etc. and have never even sat their ass on, much less ever owned a Harley.

No, the worst are those that wear leathers with 1%er style rocker patches, shit like Sons of Anarchy cut-offs or other make-believe bike gangs. Oh, wait...
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                  No, the worst are those that wear leathers with 1%er style rocker patches, shit like Sons of Anarchy cut-offs or other make-believe bike gangs. Oh, wait...
                  I've never seen Zakk wearing a 1%er patch ever. Maybe if he did he means 1%er in the BLS gang. You can get yourself into deep trouble wearing a patch like that under false pretense. The Pagans Motorcycle club is big in Pgh. Pa. and my friends dad is a full fledged member. They take things like that patch VERY SERIOUSLY and someone wearing one that shouldn't could be "Stomped" pretty bad or worse by a real member regardless if said person is a famous guitar player or not.

Comment

That's a pretty amazing talent you have knowing what everyone on the forum is thinking. You're speaking for the whole forum when you say things like "You are preaching to a very uncaring crowd." I was stating a fact. Gibson claims JB is the best guitar player in the world and that's a fact. The only opinion I expressed was that it was a stupid thing to say no matter what company said it. Also like Nancy Reagan said bro "Reading is fundamental." My sig line says nothing of the sort. Show me where my sig line says "I hate Gibson." It says they make me want to puke since 1993.
                    Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-25-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                      I've never seen Zakk wearing a 1%er patch ever. Maybe if he did he means 1%er in the BLS gang. You can get yourself into deep trouble wearing a patch like that under false pretense. The Pagans Motorcycle club is big in Pgh. Pa. and my friends dad is a full fledged member. They take things like that patch VERY SERIOUSLY and someone wearing one that shouldn't could be "Stomped" pretty bad or worse by a real member regardless if said person is a famous guitar player or not.
                      Indeedy-doody, and it's less the fact Zakk is a wannabe biker and more the fact his little BLS gang is a piss-poor imitation of a real-life MC. (Incidentally, I said "1%er style patch")

As I recall, when BLS came to Europe, certain MCs were most perturbed by the patches and resolved to give out a few stompings. There was enough trouble over the Motorhead "England" rocker a few years ago, the BLS 3 patch thing was just taking the piss. Obviously, someone must have had words behind the scenes and a compromise must have been reached, because all the fuss died down, but I wouldn't want to be caught wearing any of those colours outside of the backstage area of a BLS show.

(The Pagans were big around here about 25 years ago, even threatened to stomp out some friends who dared to have sleeve badges with the local pub name and the county written on it. They, in turn were eliminated by the Ratae - HA IIRC - who burned, shot and scalped them, but were themselves pretty much all sent to prison for a long time and were thus disbanded.)
                      Last edited by Rsmacker; 12-25-2013, 08:00 PM.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I wear a "Mitt Romney Society" 1%er patch. Is that okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          I wear a "Mitt Romney Society" 1%er patch. Is that okay?
                          Are you a Morman?

Comment

Indeedy-doody, and it's less the fact Zakk is a wannabe biker and more the fact his little BLS gang is a piss-poor imitation of a real-life MC. (Incidentally, I said "1%er style patch")

As I recall, when BLS came to Europe, certain MCs were most perturbed by the patches and resolved to give out a few stompings. There was enough trouble over the Motorhead "England" rocker a few years ago, the BLS 3 patch thing was just taking the piss. Obviously, someone must have had words behind the scenes and a compromise must have been reached, because all the fuss died down, but I wouldn't want to be caught wearing any of those colours outside of the backstage area of a BLS show.

(The Pagans were big around here about 25 years ago, even threatened to stomp out some friends who dared to have sleeve badges with the local pub name and the county written on it. They, in turn were eliminated by the Ratae - HA IIRC - who burned, shot and scalped them, but were themselves pretty much all sent to prison for a long time and were thus disbanded.)
                            That doesn't surprise me in the least bit. I know some of the people involved in that club and they're the type of people you don't want to be on bad terms or have any issues with. They don't mess around at all. They're the type who fire six shots at you and then say "Don't move."

Comment

Yeah? Well this ain't 25 years ago and they don't get away with shit like they did in the 70s and 80s, especially since a certain "incident" in Vegas. A good comparison would be the KKK. Yes they were once a major group in this country and committed a lot of violence, yet compare today's KKK vs when it was in its "prime" (for lack of a better term) they're a mere shadow of what they used to be but it's members still act like they're the baddest thing on the planet. I still find it amazing that some people like to trash Zakk and will do so about any lil thing they think they can. I'd venture a bet that he plays better than no less than half the people on this forum. Funny how he was good enough to play with Ozzy, has sold more albums than anyone on here (most likely), and has toured the world enough times to lose count, yet the haters find every way possible to dog him and deny him the credit her deserves for his hard work and accomplishments.
                              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Yeah? Well this ain't 25 years ago and they don't get away with shit like they did in the 70s and 80s, especially since a certain "incident" in Vegas. A good comparison would be the KKK. Yes they were once a major group in this country and committed a lot of violence, yet compare today's KKK vs when it was in its "prime" (for lack of a better term) they're a mere shadow of what they used to be but it's members still act like they're the baddest thing on the planet. I still find it amazing that some people like to trash Zakk and will do so about any lil thing they think they can. I'd venture a bet that he plays better than no less than half the people on this forum. Funny how he was good enough to play with Ozzy, has sold more albums than anyone on here (most likely), and has toured the world enough times to lose count, yet the haters find every way possible to dog him and deny him the credit her deserves for his hard work and accomplishments.
                                +1. I don't care for his playing or personal style but I have a masters in Jazz and I would say he's still better than me. If he sat down to show me something I'd keep my mouth shut and try to keep up and say thank you sir when he was done. I don't like his playing or care for his style but.....I still respect the hell out of him. I am not speaking technically of course I am sure I know more about theory than he does but does that make me play better. That I can't say. EDIT; And even if I was better than him I would never admit as much to him or anyone else. He's a metal god I am a guitar teacher.
                                Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-26-2013, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X