Ynwgie.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Once I pull that doughnut out of your hole, there will be a rising force, and I'll see the light tonight.
    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Toejam, you're a damn viking!

Comment

And the perpetual flame coming out of the doughnut hole will unleash the fury... it will be relentless and spellbound!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just like heaven tonight...but please don't go on the run again!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            And the perpetual flame coming out of the doughnut hole will unleash the fury... it will be relentless and spellbound!
            Probably I have to agree with that one!

Comment

Read his book. It's great.
              8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
                Read his book. It's great.
                Actually it's on my amazon shopping list since the day it was published, but I'm too busy reading and doing other things at the moment. I'll get it eventually.

Comment

Great story. I've always been a huge YJM fan too, and you've got to give him credit for one thing, he hasn't changed at all! From a fan's perspective though, I would rather see Yngwie with a legitimate band, not just some guys in a supporting role off to the side. That's just odd?? Reminds me of some old Deep Purple shows where Richie was pretty much just doing his own thing while the rest of the band entertained the audience. Just a weird vibe in my book.

Comment

I read his unauthorized biography. The Johansen boys seemed like a little bit of a train wreck. Yngwie didn't come across as well as his autobiography probably.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I just finished reading his memoir yesterday. he was surprisingly humble (for malmsteen) and really didn't trash others too much. it was a GREAT read - I went through it in about 9 hours. I highly recommend it if you are a fan, or even just curious as to his thinking.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                        I just finished reading his memoir yesterday. he was surprisingly humble (for malmsteen) and really didn't trash others too much. it was a GREAT read - I went through it in about 9 hours. I highly recommend it if you are a fan, or even just curious as to his thinking.
                        Totally agree. I couldn't put it down. Love him or hate him, he is a one of a kind. The drive and vision that he had from early on is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          what about Hammett?
                          Since he didn't write much anyway and his tone and vibrato suck as much as his early soloing...... I'd say James had more influence since he wrote the stuff.
                          I'd put Rhoads up there too though.

Comment

Originally posted by Donovan View Post
                            Since he didn't write much anyway and his tone and vibrato suck as much as his early soloing...... I'd say James had more influence since he wrote the stuff.
                            I'd put Rhoads up there too though.
                            VitG was being sarcastic. Though, Kirk brought in a few parts from rare Exodus songs he wrote. The middle section of Creeping Death is from an old Exodus song called Die By His Hand, and a section of a song called Impaler turned into Trapped Under Ice.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

At least 85% of Metallica's (best album in my opinion)Kill em all was written by Mustaine. Metallica did kick ass back in the day but after the black album I really think it went down hill. Megadeth has had some stinkers too I.E. Risk, but Thirteen was a great record in my opinion. Better than anything Metallica has put out in years. On the original note I don't care much for Kirk Hampster either. Yngwie is the man!!!!
                              Last edited by leftykingv2; 09-10-2013, 05:44 AM.
                              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X