Ynwgie.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evol View Post
    Even if it were ego, fuck, the guy deserves the limelight. How many people have completely changed rock guitar playing forever?
    Even though that's true, all his work can basically be summed up with two albums... Live Sentence and Rising Force. I dunno about much of the newer stuff, but everything in at least a 10 year stretch was parodied off that material, at least in my opinion.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      Ah, I missed that show for some reason. Unless it was the Last in Line tour, which I think is the Dio show I saw. I know Viv was on guitar still.

The memory is foggy for concerts back then, I was usually having a few drinks before the shows and then was too busy looking at the girls. Plus it was a freaking long time ago haha.
      It was Sacred Heart Tour with Vivian.

For Last in Line tour, it was probably in Seattle during the summer of '84 with Whitesnake opening.

Comment

All the new "game-changing" guitarists seem to be this wave of acoustic players with all the two-handed tapping/slapping the body/detuning strings stuff. It's all very clever and I couldn't play like that in a million years, but MAN is it boring to listen to O_o

Comment

was in a guitar store the other day and they had a concert dvd playing. It was a solo guitarist playing a lot of rhythmic, percussive stuff, tapping, etc. Was actually really good, musical & enjoyable to listen to. That was when I realised that John Butler is actually really good, as long as he keeps his fucking mouth shut.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Yngwie simply rules no matter how redundant he has become as of late...

I also saw him a few months ago here in SF CA, and he was ripping it like no other for about 1:45 none stop! He's a true showman, much like Vai, but on steroids. LOL... I saw him a number of times, and I'll see him again if he comes back.
            I also had the pleasure to speak with his teenage kid Antonio for a minute while he was selling his daddy's cds, and I can tell you he was very proud... Then his wife April showed up, and she was like half of Yngwie's size; literary, and very pretty as well.

However, I still miss the old Yngwie with the actual band playing the actual tunes rather than just versions of them. His band nowadays is more like a backup band squished in the left corner while Yngwie takes the whole stage for himself with his wall of Marshalls.
            Still, it's always nice to see a true living legends still performing unlike any other guitarist out there...
            -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
              Then his wife April showed up, and she was like half of Yngwie's size; literary, and very pretty as well.
              All of his wives have looked like that. What number is April now? I think he's had more wives than Fender Strats.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                All of his wives have looked like that. What number is April now? I think he's had more wives than Fender Strats.
                As far as I know two (legally at least) , and the first one turned out to be a professional Dominatrix! Who would have thought, the dude liked it rough!

Comment

Please mistress, don't make me eat more doughnuts! *smack*

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                    As far as I know two (legally at least) , and the first one turned out to be a professional Dominatrix! Who would have thought, the dude liked it rough!
                    I believe that was Amber, and she was his second wife. I thought there were more in there before April, but maybe not.

Comment

Stick what in my doughnut hole?!?

Comment

Stick what in my doughnut hole?!?
                        Worst Yngwie doughnut joke ever!

Comment

Hey, you don't remember, but I'll never forget!

Comment

Damn those doughnut jokes! Was it Dimebag Darrell who started it!

I believe that was Amber, and she was his second wife. I thought there were more in there before April, but maybe not.
                            Well there was also this older girlfriend of his in Sweden who wanted to do a documentary/book or something and then April stopped her legally since she's acting as his business manager! Poor Yngwie cannot do anything, otherwise his Ferraris and pride will be all gone!

Comment

Hey, you don't remember, but I'll never forget!

Comment

Once I pull that doughnut out of your hole, there will be a rising force, and I'll see the light tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X