No announcement yet.

Matt Heafy sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure that Nevermore overdubbed anything with their live dvd. There were a few clams in there, including Van starting a different song to the rest of the band!

They did use footage from a couple of shows though. Occasionally they'd edit to a different angle on Jeff (or whoever), all artsy & B&W, and the audio wouldn't sync with the video.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks VG, I'll be sure to check out Jeff if he ever comes to town.
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

That's a common thing for live videos, recording a couple nights in the same venue and then stitching together the better performances. I don't mind if they do it on a song by song basis, but I don't really want to see different cuts during the same song. Clams are part of live performance. Thats how you know it's not being performed by machines. Year of the Voyager is a great live disc. I'm actually surprised how awesome Van is at pulling off some of the complicated drumming.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The only thing that this thread does to me is make me miss Vio-lence.

Trivium? They're an overly produced pop band designed to sell albums on the commercial metal market.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

There are videos showing a guy off stage singing all of Ozzy's parts live. Ozzy just sings along so if he can't hit a note it doesn't matter.
            He's old and I cut him slack for that. He is a legend. I saw Dokken recently and Don was horrible. Embarrasing actually. He sounded like Lemmy from Motorhead singing Dokken songs. He couldn't even hit the low backups nevermind the lead vocal lines. I wish he had a guy off stage singing his parts because the band rocked big.
            Regarding Trivium, its probably either editing (syncing the music with the video) or they were playing to a track.
            In either case.. who cares. If it happens at a concert.. crucify them.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
              Oh hell, this doesn't mean shit. Every single band on the Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, etc. lip synchs. They don't have time to do a real setup and mic everything correctly. I saw Ozzy and Zakk do that on The Tonight Show 10 years ago. That doesn't mean he lips synchs in concert(although he may, would sure like to know).
              every single band? No, they dont.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkSkOdAU0L0 skid row in 91.
              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                There are videos showing a guy off stage singing all of Ozzy's parts live. Ozzy just sings along so if he can't hit a note it doesn't matter.
                He's old and I cut him slack for that. He is a legend. I saw Dokken recently and Don was horrible. Embarrasing actually. He sounded like Lemmy from Motorhead singing Dokken songs. He couldn't even hit the low backups nevermind the lead vocal lines. I wish he had a guy off stage singing his parts because the band rocked big.
                Regarding Trivium, its probably either editing (syncing the music with the video) or they were playing to a track.
                In either case.. who cares. If it happens at a concert.. crucify them.
                we opened for dokken and cinderella last year. cinderella kicked ass. Don was beyond awful and looked like a bum that just rolled out of the gutter. He didnt even bother to soundcheck- his bass player sang the tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                  Just because it's "completely normal" doesn't make it acceptable. My original point was perhaps Matt shouldn't be blasting on people for doing the same shit he does himself.

And not everyone does it. Go throw in Iced Earths Festivals of the Wicked DVD, and I'll give you $20 for every overdub you spot.

Why do people think it's okay to do this? We pay for live, we should get live. There's a reason I'm picky as to who I go see, since most bands NEED to overdub, even when they KNOW they're recording.

Grrrr..... so frustrating.....

He is pissed of because people use PLAYBACK not overdubs... He didn't spit shit because of overdubs..
                  He is a great guitar player and is fucking honest about shit.. I saw one live clip where he says that he
                  is terribly sorry for the fuck ups on guitar and vocals, because his stomach is giving him hell..
                  He could just be silent and pose.. but he didn't, he explained himself.
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                    we opened for dokken and cinderella last year. cinderella kicked ass. Don was beyond awful and looked like a bum that just rolled out of the gutter. He didnt even bother to soundcheck- his bass player sang the tunes.
                    Don's voice is beyond shot now. Why should he soundcheck when nothing is gonna make him sound any worse than he already does? It's a shame he apparently still has to go out and do it for a check when his voice is that bad. I've always been a fan but I can only shake my head at the way he's sounded for the last couple of years.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
                      It doesn't matter whether Ozzy lip syncs on a TV show or not. He shouldn't even be there. Talk shows are not metal, and we are not paying to watch that shit.
                      It would be different if Ozzy lip syncs at one of his actual gigs, that would be the end of it. And fuck autotune too.
                      Maybe in your opinion he shouldn't be on talk shows but thanks to the fact that he is at times, metal gets exposed to some people who might not otherwise listen to it. Personally I could care less if a fan of metal is 18 or 80, another fan amongst the ranks is a good thing. Whether he lip syncs or not on doesn't really break my heart either. I can understand the logistics of trying to do it live under the time constraints involved in taping a talk show.
                      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                        Don's voice is beyond shot now. Why should he soundcheck when nothing is gonna make him sound any worse than he already does? It's a shame he apparently still has to go out and do it for a check when his voice is that bad. I've always been a fan but I can only shake my head at the way he's sounded for the last couple of years.
                        Yeah, its been that way for years- we opened for them in 2006 at a big outdoor show here, he was terrible, and all he did the whole set was chug jack daniels and bitch about how "tomorrow is fathers day, who pays a whole shitload of child support like me"? LOL.

Comment

Trivium are shite.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

always thought he was a dbag
                            Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
                            LTD EC401VF
                            Gibby Les Paul
                            Ibanez RG220D O Natural
                            Fender Parts Caster
                            Oranger Tiny Terror Head
                            2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
                            TU2 Tuner
                            Dunlop Cantrell Wah
                            Fulltone 70's Fuzz
                            Fulltone Distortion Pro1
                            Fulltone Mosfet 2
                            Fulltone OCD OD
                            Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

Thanks for weighing in, Newbie with the dbag sig line!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X