Matt Heafy sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Heafy sucks

I hate Trivium, and especially Matt. So today, whilst bored at my computer, as always, I scoured the web looking for other folks who hate him as much as I do.

I then found this article from Ultimate-Guitar
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...tal_fakes.html

As I read through it, I almost vomited in my mouth, as I recalled this little piece
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOOAUAiXtEY

Anybody wanna chime in, and let me know who's playing guitar at about 3:40? According to my eyes, and the credits, only Matt and Corey from Trivium were wearing axes at the time. Hmmm......
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Certainly seems like the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe one of the roadies is playing the leads off stage somewhere...

Comment

I imagine Corey is playing the leads, but regardless, the rhythm guitar is steady chugging along with his arm in the air.
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
        Certainly seems like the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe one of the roadies is playing the leads off stage somewhere...
        It's not the leads that were in question, there was a second guitarist on stage. It's that the rhythm part continues as he's pointing at his ears and urging the crowd to be loud.

I like that at 3:52 he's playing a heavy chugging chord rhythm, and is still strumming in the silent parts like he's playing Kumbaya by the campfire....fail.
        My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

He pisses me off. I shouldn't be pissed, but I am. GRRR!!!!!

Comment

I kinda like trivium. What I don't get, is who they tour with. Like wtf, they were at mayhem tour? They're not even the same kind of music as the other bands that were playing.

They should start touring with bands that are more like them so that people who are into megadeath aren't like "who are these emo kids they suck". It just seems like they're confused about what they sound like.
            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
              It's not the leads that were in question, there was a second guitarist on stage. It's that the rhythm part continues as he's pointing at his ears and urging the crowd to be loud.
              There was one part in particular that both guitarists could be seen at the same time and neither had their hands on the right part of the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                There was one part in particular that both guitarists could be seen at the same time and neither had their hands on the right part of the neck.
                I guess I missed that part, perhaps while I was rushing to hit stop on the vid, wasn't digging it. I only watched the solo section around 3:40, and the second guitarist is not shown at all during the solo. The bass player makes an appearance in there though.
                My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Apparently the video doesn't match the audio, this happens and is often done with 'live' videos meant to be used as clip on TV

But if this crap happens in REAL live setting, then you're a band that doesn't deserve the €35 concert ticket
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

i didn't watch the clip, don't even know who trivium is, and don't really care....but, it IS possible they play along with sequenced tracks. if they are, then it is possible that an extra guitar could be playing when one (or both) of them are working the crowd....
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Maybe it was the bass, distorted, like at the end when both guitarists were doing the Domination stuff?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

...and nobody cared that Ozzy lip synced his last tour. Yep, he's officially a packaged pop diva!

Gus G and whatever hired band played to a studio vocal/click track. I'm sure the Sabbath tour will be the same shit.

This is Trivium..at their label's put together BS. I'm talking OZZY.."the prince of darkness". One of the grandfathers of metal. Ticket prices were ridiculous if he actually cared a fuck. I have not and will not put on another Ozzy record and feel the same again...fuggums.

Dio died instead.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          ...and nobody cared that Ozzy lip synced his last tour. Yep, he's officially a packaged pop diva!
                          Holy shit ! Is this really true ? Is this confirmed somewhere?

The last time I saw Ozzy with Zakk, I thought to myself "hmmmmm, Ozzy is at the end of his performing days, voice is about gone, Zakk still can't play the main Crazy Train riff correctly, I'm done with paying to see Ozzy live". Then Ozzy came to town with Gus G. and I justified going to see them ONLY to see Gus G. play live. The show was great, Gus was great, Ozzy's voice was better, I was impressed. Now you're telling me he lip synched it ???

Comment

Guys, these live videos are comprised of one live audio track of the song playing over what they deem to be the most entertaining video clip (or a combination of multiple ones). For example, the Black Dahlia Murder's Majesty live DVD switches between multiple shows for the video whilst remaining on one live audio recording. As a result, the video and audio are sometimes out of sync or mismatched due to inconsistencies in performances. I could be wrong, but I'm relatively sure the performance seen in that video is not the performance heard. If anything, I think Matt here is guilty of motioning to the crowd when he should have been hitting those notes. But that's a minor offense compare to the allegations previously mentioned, and quite a few guitarists do it.
                            I don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                              Holy shit ! Is this really true ? Is this confirmed somewhere?

The last time I saw Ozzy with Zakk, I thought to myself "hmmmmm, Ozzy is at the end of his performing days, voice is about gone, Zakk still can't play the main Crazy Train riff correctly, I'm done with paying to see Ozzy live". Then Ozzy came to town with Gus G. and I justified going to see them ONLY to see Gus G. play live. The show was great, Gus was great, Ozzy's voice was better, I was impressed. Now you're telling me he lip synched it ???
                              Yes..watch the clip from George Lopez Tonight show with Ozzy and band as musical guest. You'll understand why Ozzy sounded great! I watched it on tv and the wife and I couldn't believe it.

I think Sharon put a cockblock on these clips becuase I can't find it on youtube. Ozzy was animated, away from the mic several times, and it was blatant he forgot the words, or didn't even know them..but yet he never sounded better.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X