No announcement yet.

Matt Heafy sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's much worse bands than Trivium to hate. Trivum, Dragonforce, Shadows Fall ect..not really relevant these days in the metal community. Not mine anyways..

There IS an endless suppy of awesome metal both old, new and will be. Metalheads LOOK for these bands. Thus keeping it alive. We don't have time for trivial complaint. We never accepted "NU", "Rap", "Emo", "Screamo" or any deluted BS sub genre byproduct (lip and assholes) that floats to the top of the shit barrel for whatever reason. The word "core" meant something 20 years ago..now it just means "suck".

Ironically, guys like Matt Heafy, Jamie Jasta and Lars Ulrich are genuine METALHEADS at heart..reguardless of the crap the play. They're makin' a livin'..whatever. Lars should actually be removed from that list, and forgived. But I'll never let the image of him and Hammet sucking face go..that's not metal! But neither were they at the Metal wasn't relevenat..now it is.. sorta..kinda.

Well it's the only music I ever give a shit about. So metal never left for me. There's much to find when explored. There's NO excuse these days with shit like youtube, facebook, myspace. I knew ALL the playeres in the game long before there was internet...fuggums.

Hey, fuck typos..deal with 'em,

Bill Z Bub
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ron, I'd be inclined to rationalize as such, but there's no change in audio before, during, or after Matts shenanigans. That, and I'm pretty sure that's not bass.

Misanthrope (hater of all mankind).....
      I see where you're coming from, but I have the DVD, and that was a special one off concert for Roadrunners anniversary. So the way I see it, either there was a hidden guitarist backstage, a tape playing, or it was dubbed over. Either way, he's a douchebag and a hypocrite.

As far as Ozzy goes, that has to be obvious. I've seen too much Rhoads and Jake era footage to believe that Ozzy can somehow sing these days.

And Bill, fuck yeah. Metal is sought after, not served. I agree 100%.
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I'm pretty sure there were overdubs done on a lot of that Roadrunner United DVD. I have it too and there is a lot of stuff that doesn't sound/look right. Some of the covers are badass on it though (the two King Diamond tracks with Ripper are standouts for me.) so I just listen and enjoy and try not to watch too closely.

That concert is actually what re-opened my eyes to a lot of metal I had dismissed. I think I was most impressed by Joey Jordison out of all of it. That dude hits hard for a little guy. He's a capable producer too, doing a killer job on 3 Inches of Blood's "Fire Up the Blades" album.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I as well loved The Rippers songs. Strange how well he sings live on Judas Priest DVDs, and this one, but so terrible with Iced Earth. Must be Jons integrity, thus lack of overdubbing.

I also really liked March of the SOD leading into River Runs Red, as well as Jesse and Howard tag teaming My Last Serenade. One can't dismiss the awesome presence of Rob Flynn, he outshined everyone he shared the stage with, especially Matt Heafy.
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Yes..watch the clip from George Lopez Tonight show with Ozzy and band as musical guest. You'll understand why Ozzy sounded great! I watched it on tv and the wife and I couldn't believe it.

I think Sharon put a cockblock on these clips becuase I can't find it on youtube. Ozzy was animated, away from the mic several times, and it was blatant he forgot the words, or didn't even know them..but yet he never sounded better.
            Oh hell, this doesn't mean shit. Every single band on the Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, etc. lip synchs. They don't have time to do a real setup and mic everything correctly. I saw Ozzy and Zakk do that on The Tonight Show 10 years ago. That doesn't mean he lips synchs in concert(although he may, would sure like to know).

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
              Oh hell, this doesn't mean shit. Every single band on the Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, etc. lip synchs. They don't have time to do a real setup and mic everything correctly. I saw Ozzy and Zakk do that on The Tonight Show 10 years ago. That doesn't mean he lips synchs in concert(although he may, would sure like to know).

The band was live

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Never did this. But I just googles... Ozzy lip sync..and shitloads of pages about the topic. Apparently he always does it on talk/live shows..

Here's a blabbermoth article. Other guitar forums are discussing it as well...http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=141628

Just throw an Ozzy mechanical wax dummy in front of the mic. Nobody would know..

Comment

It doesn't matter whether Ozzy lip syncs on a TV show or not. He shouldn't even be there. Talk shows are not metal, and we are not paying to watch that shit.
                  It would be different if Ozzy lip syncs at one of his actual gigs, that would be the end of it. And fuck autotune too.

Comment

The funniest thing about that trivium video is if it was an overdub then why didnt they dub those god awful solos instead, holy crap are those bad. Or even if the audio was from another show they could of at least picked a version where the solos dont sound like cats dying. Bands should sound better live then on a CD.

Comment

I like Trivium's guitar riffs. They rip some shit. I wish I could write riffs as well as Matt Heafy does.

Comment

Originally posted by aconti2 View Post
                        Bands should sound better live then on a CD.
                        Agree 100%. Good bands DO!

Originally posted by Luafcm View Post
                        I wish I could write riffs as well as Matt Heafy does.
                        Just listen to Metallica and various Metalcore bands for a few years, you'll get it.

Comment

They don't make 'em like they used to, that's for sure.

Comment

"Portions of tonights show may have been prerecorded."
                            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

almost every well produced live show (especially with really technical metal) has overdubs. they usually don't show up live (unless you're In Flames) but they're everywhere. almost every metal DVD i own, the band goes in to the studio and touches up certain parts. completely normal.

Comment

Just because it's "completely normal" doesn't make it acceptable. My original point was perhaps Matt shouldn't be blasting on people for doing the same shit he does himself.

And not everyone does it. Go throw in Iced Earths Festivals of the Wicked DVD, and I'll give you $20 for every overdub you spot.

Why do people think it's okay to do this? We pay for live, we should get live. There's a reason I'm picky as to who I go see, since most bands NEED to overdub, even when they KNOW they're recording.

Grrrr..... so frustrating.....

Comment

Working...
                                X