No announcement yet.

Question about signature guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that certain specific sig model specs can be seen as improvements to an existing model (i.e. KB or Tuck Rhoads or a scalloped Yngwie Strat or somesuch), but I just can't see how an EVH paintjob or monkeygripped Strat body is going to be one.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Like the monkey grip is the only thing that separates a Jem from a Strat

Comment

What about Hetfield and Hammett? They each get a new sig model almost every year or two.

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        I'd bet Paul Stanley could give Dave a run for his money there!
        His don't count since most of his are crap guitars he took money to endorse with no regard to quality like crappy Silvertones

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          I agree that certain specific sig model specs can be seen as improvements to an existing model (i.e. KB or Tuck Rhoads or a scalloped Yngwie Strat or somesuch), but I just can't see how an EVH paintjob or monkeygripped Strat body is going to be one.
          The Matt Tuck Rhoads is no more... he's with B.C. Rich now. Anyway, it was just a normal 22-fret Rhoads with reverse headstock and different inlays.
          The KB Rhoads has been gone for awhile, too.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Anyway, it was just a normal 22-fret Rhoads with reverse headstock and different inlays.
            The KB Rhoads has been gone for awhile, too.
            JUST a Rhoads w/ reverse headstock???? That's what makes it cool!

KB Rhoads has a mahogany body, definitely one of my favorites in my collection!

And what does it matter if they're not available anymore...they're still out there used (remember my dodged a bullet thread?)
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Good point!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It may play nice and sound nice but I think the Morton sig should be killed with fire.
                It's like somebody put a guitar neck on the New Shmoo.
                All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                  It's like somebody put a guitar neck on the New Shmoo.
                  BWAHAHHA!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X