Question about signature guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about signature guitars?

I was talking smack with a friend the other day about famous guitarists and their signature lines of (somewhat)mass produced models. I was guessing that Dave Megastaine probably has the most. The KV1, arguably the Y2K, the one with the 8 ball inlay(I forgot), the deans, and I'm pretty sure there was something with washburn.

So what self promoting famous guitarist has the most 'signature' models?
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

I'd bet Paul Stanley could give Dave a run for his money there!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Even before he passed, Dean had a few Dime models, then after he passed...the flood gates opened! Of course he had a bunch of models with Washburn. Plus, there's a bunch of Dime pedals out there!

But talking purely # of brand names, Dave's up there (P Stanley too!).
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I don't know... I would never buy a guitar that is a is a "signature" model.

Comment

Are we talking individual brands or number of total models? Steve Vai obviously has one of models but only one brand. Les PAul also has an astounding number if models. EVH has been at four brands - Kramer, MM, Peavy and well, now EVH.

Megadave has only been at three brands but has had multiples at each. Anybody at ibanez seems to have tons of models.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Scott Ian has touted his way through quite a few companies as well (esp, Jackson, washburn, Jackson again..)

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              Are we talking individual brands or number of total models? Steve Vai obviously has one of models but only one brand. Les PAul also has an astounding number if models. EVH has been at four brands - Kramer, MM, Peavy and well, now EVH.

Megadave has only been at three brands but has had multiples at each. Anybody at ibanez seems to have tons of models.
              Esp - dv8r
              esp - axxion
              Jackson - kv1
              jackson - y2kv
              dean - vmnt
              dean - zero

A lot of good feedback, these are the Dave models I thought of. I'm not including differences in the same model(such as graphics, or American vs. overseas production). So I guess that makes 6, it seems like I'm forgetting some though:think:

I didn't even think of Paul Stanley, I'll look up his model history later today...
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post

Kramer doesn't count. He never had a signature guitar. He endorsed kramer and had his specially built 5150 axes, but they were never available to the public. However, you forgot to mention charvel. He had his art series charvel's a few years ago.

I'd nominate Lynch. He has a slew of ESP signature axes. ESP Kami/ LTD Kami, Skulls/ snakes, ESP m1 tiger/ LTD GL600mt/ LTD GL200mt, GL256/ LTD 256, Super V, Serpent, carved skulls (mom), flaming skull, screaming carved skull, and a washburn signature acoustic.
                Last edited by The Rossness; 10-17-2010, 03:08 AM.

Comment

There's certainly been a quite a few JEM, PG and JS models of Ibanez, but maybe that says more about the brand than it does about the endorsers.

Comment

Esteban has more guitars than ALL these posers combined.

Comment

Does Zakk's 15 different bullseye/camo/coffin finishes count separately?
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Esteban has more guitars than ALL these posers combined.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

It has to be Les Paul. There have to be at least a hundred different variations made over the years.
                          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Nunos N4 washburn and other variants N1,N2,N3 etc?
                            I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

we have to decide on if this is a thing where you separate it by brand, or by model.

2 totally different animals
                              Out Of Ideas

Comment

Working...
                              X