Question about signature guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
    I'd nominate Lynch. He has a slew of ESP signature axes. ESP Kami/ LTD Kami, Skulls/ snakes, ESP m1 tiger/ LTD GL600mt/ LTD GL200mt, GL256/ LTD 256, Super V, Serpent, carved skulls (mom), flaming skull, screaming carved skull, and a washburn signature acoustic.
    Plus the Ultra-Tone and Grynch baritone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
      Plus the Ultra-Tone and Grynch baritone.
      I forgot those two.

Comment

The Grynch was James Hetfields.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Holy thread resurrection Batman! Sorry guys.....
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Well, I *am* still waiting for Jayster to post his homework on Paul Stanley...that he promised...

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
            I didn't even think of Paul Stanley, I'll look up his model history later today...
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
              esp - axxion
              Interesting how they didn't really want to reveal the full name of the guitar and just used Xs in there. Axxion = Abortion.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don't let Dave hear that.....

I just read a recent interview where he said Chris is better than Marty, and he wants himself and Ellefson to tag team with Hetfield and Ulrich for a "supergroup".

Poor delusional Dave. It is obvious who designed that damned Axxion.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post

I just read a recent interview where he said Chris is better than Marty.
                  I agree with you here AG, all Broderick can seem to do is sweep scales endlessly. While Im not a "huge" Marty fan either, at least he shook things up a bit. Sorry for the derailment.
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I think Chris is wonderful, and is a great match for Dave. However Marty, to me and most Megadeth fans, will always be THE lead player. Sorta like Halford with Priest, Barlow with Iced Earth, Randy with Ozzy, etc....

And I thought derailment was the whole point of these things

Comment

Of course Dave is going to say Chris is better than Marty. Just like he said Pitrelli was better than Marty. What's he gonna do, say "yeah, the new guy's good, but Marty kicks his ass."

Hell no. If Marty came back Dave would say Marty was better than Broderick and Pitrelli, and even better than "old Marty"

And yeah, I can just see Dave and Lars in the asme band again: two super-egos always competing, not to mention Dave would be relegated to playing leads and not singing. Plus he'd want to do all his crazy off-kilter shit that Metallica stopped doing with Ride the Lightning.

I'm sorry, but it'd be like having KK Downing replace Adrian Smith in Iron Maiden. Both are great at what they do, but they do it great in the context in which they do it.

As for whoever said they wouldn't ever own a sig model, you're only cheating yoruself. Not even going to touch the Les Paul or Rhoads factor, but the Morton is a great guitar, as far as I'm concerned. Granted it's structurally different than Mark's, and probably a different neck profile, but I still think it's a great model as-is.

Needs a Floyd, though
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Well, I *am* still waiting for Jayster to post his homework on Paul Stanley...that he promised...
                        Holy snot, this must have slipped my mind..... give me a couple of days of digging through guitar history for this one.....
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

...and he was never seen again....

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ok, Paul Stanley signature line guitars..... Feel free to help out with this one, as I'm sure I will miss some. However, here's a starting point:

Washburn:
                            PS80/PS1800/PS2000

PSV2200

PS7200/PS7000

Ibanez:

PS10
                            ICEMAN

BC Rich : (Also Steinberger and Hamer)
                            I don't think he had a 'sig' model, but played many different models throughout his career.

Silvertone:

Apocolypse
                            Soveriegn
                            Dark Star(Acoustic)

Just a start, feel free to tell me what I've forgotten
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Of course Dave is going to say Chris is better than Marty. Just like he said Pitrelli was better than Marty. What's he gonna do, say "yeah, the new guy's good, but Marty kicks his ass."

Hell no. If Marty came back Dave would say Marty was better than Broderick and Pitrelli, and even better than "old Marty"
                              True. It's just good business. I think it's bad to rubbish the guys that have gone, but nothing wrong with playing up that the new guy brings good things to the band.

I'm sorry, but it'd be like having KK Downing replace Adrian Smith in Iron Maiden. Both are great at what they do, but they do it great in the context in which they do it.
                              good analogy, Newc.

As for whoever said they wouldn't ever own a sig model, you're only cheating yoruself. Not even going to touch the Les Paul or Rhoads factor, but the Morton is a great guitar, as far as I'm concerned. Granted it's structurally different than Mark's, and probably a different neck profile, but I still think it's a great model as-is.
                              I agree. Not much for the artist replica type guitars - couldn't see myself ever taking the stage with a VHII or a Demartini or a Lynch Serpent graphic or an SRV.

But my Nuno is a very good guitar. So is my Blues Saraceno TV Twenty - chunky comfortable neck profile, ridiculous number of switching options. Neither guitar looks like the dude playing it is trying to be That Guy. They are just good functional instruments with features & options chosen by a musician rather than an R&D guy.

One day I will own a Dominion. The Steve Morse sigs are cool guitars. In fact all of the EB sig models are cool. The George Benson Ibanez is sex on a stick. The Chet Atkins Gretsches are cool. I want an Adrian Smith sig too
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Well, I have an RR1 and an RR1T so I guess I would be a hypocrite if I said I don't believe in sig models. I also plan on owning a Dominion one day because while I don't find it a pretty guitar I love the specs and it looks incredibly comfortable to play. I keep hoping to win a lottery so I can put up a WTB for one of the CS limited run that was done a while back.

I think it would make a killer blues guitar.
                                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                                X