The best metal amp....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
    Yeah, those did sound pretty good but keep in mind..that's a recording..you don't know how it was miced, EQ, mixed and that not you playing..you can't put too much faith in clips.

clips could give you a "idea" what an amp may do, NOT will do while your playing it..but you already know that!

Just keep in mind what Andy Sneap can make a Krank sound like..

To hear what a amp really sounds like ..you must be playing it, with your face right in front of the thing, up close and personal..with your hands and your geetar and preferably over a drummer!
    I agree, but if you guys want to know the details on some of the clips ask JB.
    I know he used a bogner v30 cab and a jackson. His description of the amp was that a VHT Ultralead and a Bogner Uberschall had a lovechild. He used the gain at 12:30 so its got a lot on tap. As far as uberschalls go, whats the best revision? I went to a local store that had one and didn't like it to much, but a local band here has one and it sounded sick (in a good way).

Comment

Ubershalls are funny, if you dont know what you are doing it will sound bad. The presense and the middle knob are back assed, so you think you are changing mid range but you are actually not and VS versa with the presence.

Originally posted by Eric_kv2 View Post
      I agree, but if you guys want to know the details on some of the clips ask JB.
      I know he used a bogner v30 cab and a jackson. His description of the amp was that a VHT Ultralead and a Bogner Uberschall had a lovechild. He used the gain at 12:30 so its got a lot on tap. As far as uberschalls go, whats the best revision? I went to a local store that had one and didn't like it to much, but a local band here has one and it sounded sick (in a good way).

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
        Ubershalls are funny, if you dont know what you are doing it will sound bad. The presense and the middle knob are back assed, so you think you are changing mid range but you are actually not and VS versa with the presence.

Just set everything to about 1:00 except the bass - set it at about 10:00 to 11:00. Then boost it with a Bad Monkey or whatever you like. The result is this...

Comment

Eric_kv2, I don't know what the "best" revision of the Uberschall is. I suppose its a matter of taste but I have the Revision Blue version and love it! Hope that helps.

Rudy
          www.wickedrocks.com
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
            Keystone? there used to be a Keystone band in the 80's from the midwest I often went to see at a local club around my area.
            Kent Hamilton was the guitarist. One of their drummers was Timmy Loud. (rather south park sounding stage name..but this was waaay before SP--'82..great drummer btw)
            He used to play LP's exclusively tho.. given your nic..and the years difference.. I'm kinda doubting its the same band.
            Nope, not the same - we're in CT and into law enforcement.(Keystone Cops was the idea). I am not a cop, but ex-homeland security and have a security business. I'm the youngest at 50.
            We catch bad guys during the day and at night we become debaucherous
            skirt-chasing, grey haired rocks gods - as long as we have our geritol with us.:ROTF:

www.thekeystoneband.com
            Strat God Music
            http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

yeah.. I looked up your website..the other was based out of WI.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                Eric_kv2, I don't know what the "best" revision of the Uberschall is. I suppose its a matter of taste but I have the Revision Blue version and love it! Hope that helps.

Rudy
                www.wickedrocks.com
                Thanks Rudy, I'll have to play a revision blus sometime. How can you tell what revision the uberschall is? By serial number or will it say revision blue on it?

Comment

On the back it says Revision Blue and the power light lights up blue on the front as opposed to the older version having a green light. Also, on the back I don't believe the older version has control knobs for the effects loop whereas the blue does.

Rudy
                  www.wickedrocks.com
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Diezel Herbert

Comment

Working...
                    X