The best metal amp....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best metal amp....

Ok JCFr's. I want to know what the best sounding metal amp you ever owned is or was. Here are the rules...
    1. You must own or have owned it.
    2. You can only choose 1.
    3. The amp can be SS, tube, modeling, combo, head, rack system, whatever!!

I'll start.

1st year (1994 I think) Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb head.

2005 Dual Recto

Comment

Comment

Well, I have owned many, but not all out there and for covering a ton of territory, tone, versitility, etc, my 1988 Carvin X100B with tolex and EL34`s. Man are these things fine for the $$$$$$$$. It takes pedals like a champ, super clean, clean channel and sweet reverb. Jack.

Comment

Soldano Decatone/VHT 50Cl. I can't choose.

Comment

2203 with the pedal of your choice! Don't like your sound anymore? Just buy a new pedal!
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
              2203 with the pedal of your choice! Don't like your sound anymore? Just buy a new pedal!
              I happen to want one of these bad A newer re-issue actually Jack.

Comment

Probably the VHT 50/CL I had without reverb. The one I have now with reverb lacks a depth control, and sounds awesome... but the one without 'verb could get bone-rattling low end with no loss in clarity. Both amps make you sound like you're breaking out of jail though.

Pete

Comment

Right now I run my EMG 81/85 equipped guitars into...

PODXTlive with the Screamer into the Diety's Son and the Mesa cab sim for Rhy

I run the Screamer into the Diety Lead for lead...

That goes into my XXX's loop return for my power amp..

My cabs are a G-Flex 2x12and a POS 4x12 with full range speakers...

It's as metal a set up as I have ever owned...It's more about flexibility, practicality and cost right now...I'm sure it will all change
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

ENGL Fireball with ENGL standard 4x12.

I use it for melodeath and brutal, technical death metal.
                    Last edited by shadowcat; 02-01-2007, 04:46 AM. Reason: should add type of metal played
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

1967 Marshall 100w Plex. into a 76 slant cab, and a 70 4x12.
                      These days, A line 6 is a nice choice for getting every sound under the sun. No its not exactly the same as the tube sounds it replicates, but where else can you hit a switch and sound like EVH, then hit it again and sound like the who, Clapton, several decades of Marshall, Vox, Fender, etc.

Comment

M/B MKIII Coliseum 300
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

Dude.. that is an awesome looking rig...but I couldn't help but think to myself.. "how did he carve that pumpkin into a square?"

Comment

Hint..It's begins with a U..
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Original Blackfaced Rocktron Chameleon thru a a Marshall 8008 power amp. Killer tones - clean and dirty.

Comment

Working...
                              X