Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    Let me define metal......

Metal is anything from early Black Sabbath to the newest death metal tone.
    For instance... a JCM800 2204 is certainly a metal amp.
    So is an Ubershall.
    The only clarification I would like to make is the amp has to be the one producing the tone.... not a pedal. If you are going to include your favorite amp and a pedal.. the pedal needs to be some sort of overdrive or preamp booster, not a distortion pedal which for the most part is where most of the tone would be coming from if it was in front of your amp.

Well crap!! Scratch the Gorilla then.....move along....

Comment

Then with NO pedals.... with the Marshall VS100 head using my Les Paul with 81/85's I can get anything from Sabbath, Metallica, Trivium, Black Label Society, Avenged Sevenfold, Dragonforce, Megadeth, Van Halen, Motley Crue, RR Ozzy. With the gain at 3 oclock, I can get a great Pantera sound, too.

I also have a Marshall MG15 microstack I bought my son, and honestly, it has an awesome high-gain metal sound as well. Suprisingly loud for a practice amp.
      Last edited by KISSKommando; 02-01-2007, 09:17 PM.

Comment

No one thinks the JSX fits in here??

My best Metal amp is my Krank Revolution 1. But I don't think it does great older Metal tones like Dokken , Ratt , Dio etc. It has a unique tone thats fitting to todays metal tone. Bullet for my Valentine has great metal tone and I know they use the 6505 plus Boogie cabs. I wonder if you can get that type of tone out of a JSX??? I really dig the JSX so far. I gotta go play it again.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          i play classic metal/hard rock, like NWOBHM, and i LOVE my rivera's for that. it gives me that classic marshall sound along with the good fender sound!!!! plus they look cool with the metal grilles and steel logos!!!
          How's the M-100 head for metal? A dude is taking one to my home this weekend so I can try it out and he wants to try out my Mesa set-up..
          If both are satisfied (i.e. find what we're looking for) we'll strike a deal
          I see you're a fan of NWOBHM/classic metal too, I guess I'll be going for that kind of tone!
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Flavor of the moment, Framus Cobra
            Runner up, Single Rec
            Honorable mention, Mark 3 and 4 series
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I have 3 setups right now that are killer metal rigs:

1) CAE 3+SE preamp into a Boogie 2:100 power amp - killer modern tones and plenty of classic metal tones available and an amazing clean tone

2) Brunetti Mille preamp into a VHT 2502 - everything from Sabbath to Priest to 80's metal and some modern stuff - lots of hot rodded Marshall style tones on tap

3) Splawn modded 1987x - nails early VH
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                My style is classic metal (NWOBHM, Ozzy, Dokken, Ratt, VH, etc) and the
                ADA MP-1 through a Mesa 2:90 is my vote. Nothing has worked better for me, including various Marshalls, Fender Tonemaster (awesome "brown sound" but that's about it), Bogner Shiva and Ecstacy, Soldano HR50+, Mesa Stiletto (great amp), Dual Rec (not so great), 5150, and others.
                I used to play in a band with a guy who ran this exact setup with a BBE sonic maximizer and I always thought it sounded bad ass!
                Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                  No one thinks the JSX fits in here??

I wonder if you can get that type of tone out of a JSX??? I really dig the JSX so far. I gotta go play it again.

Dan
                  I know it can sound more modern and beefy with a set of 6L6s in it. I liked mine better with the EL34s, though.
                  Cheers!

Comment

Framus Dragon, Engl Powerball, Bogner Uberschall, Soldano SLO, I like the Marshall 9200 Stereo Tube or EL34 50/50(100/100) Power Amp w/ JMP-1 Midi Marshall Preamp through a Couple Marshall 4x12 Cabs also.
                    Last edited by dd3keegs; 02-02-2007, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Rivera M100, Knucklehead.. those are fine sounding amps in themselves.
                      I jammed a few times with a guy locally that used a M100 and had a great tone with a good clean and versatility. Overall I was very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by usrname View Post
                        I used to play in a band with a guy who ran this exact setup with a BBE sonic maximizer and I always thought it sounded bad ass!
                        I've got one in my rig as well

Comment

Bogner Uberschall is the best I've played/owned. oh yeah, and make that hands down!

Rudy
                          www.wickedrocks.com
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Strat God Music
                            http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

I pity the drummer sitting next to them Marshalls!
                              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Keystone? there used to be a Keystone band in the 80's from the midwest I often went to see at a local club around my area.
                                Kent Hamilton was the guitarist. One of their drummers was Timmy Loud. (rather south park sounding stage name..but this was waaay before SP--'82..great drummer btw)
                                He used to play LP's exclusively tho.. given your nic..and the years difference.. I'm kinda doubting its the same band.

Comment

Working...
                                X