Poweramp for JMP-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MSGfan View Post
    I don't really know about the prices on the newer Engl power amps but earlier models from the 90's run as cheap as about $350.
    I paid $300. for mine off Ebay about two years ago. They made a stereo 2/50 watt or a 2/100 watt both had EL34's with switchable Vol. and Pres. controls on both channels that could be switched either with a stereo 1/4 inch jack pedal or with a device like a Rockman Midi Octopus.You can also hook any Ohmage cabinets to them and they have a two speed fan and are only 3 rack spaces high!
    The Engl power amps were way ahead of anybody else as far a features go, in the early 90's!

This is prolly true...nobody ever had the chance to play or see them...nobody carried and carried Engls back then..they still don't..

not around here..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have a Voodoo modded JMP-1 I run it into a Marshall EL34 50/50 with 6l6 tubes. I have been very satisfied with this setup. I play Savatage, Judas Priest, Sammy Hagar, Scorpions and it does these tones very well. A poster a page back wanted to know what Judas used on the Angel of retribution tour. I could see KK and Glen's racks very well with bino's. KK Jmp-1 into Marshall power amp. Glen Had a Pirahna and a JMP-1. I know KK was on the Marshall website saying he had returned to the JMP-1 for live performances.

MR Hiwatt
      Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
      RR1 Black
      RR1 Blue ghost flames
      Stealth EX
      Hamer Studio
      Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Originally posted by mrhiwatt View Post
        I have a Voodoo modded JMP-1 I run it into a Marshall EL34 50/50 with 6l6 tubes. I have been very satisfied with this setup. I play Savatage, Judas Priest, Sammy Hagar, Scorpions and it does these tones very well. A poster a page back wanted to know what Judas used on the Angel of retribution tour. I could see KK and Glen's racks very well with bino's. KK Jmp-1 into Marshall power amp. Glen Had a Pirahna and a JMP-1. I know KK was on the Marshall website saying he had returned to the JMP-1 for live performances.

MR Hiwatt
        NICE..That's excatly why I asked!!

I KNEW they went back to their JMP-1..after reading a Roy Z interview..he insisted on it, So did Rob!!

Much better than that harsh, fuzzy Tim Owens era sound with the Pirhana..wouldn't you say..??!!

Both Studio and Live..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yes they sounded great this last tour. Demolition tone just seemed buzzy fizzy to me as well. I saw an interview and they did say they used an JMP-1 and a old 50 watt JMP head to record with but depended on the JMP-1 live as it was capable of covering all of their tones. HOpe they come out with a new cd as I really liked Angel of Retribution.

Mr Hiwatt
          Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
          RR1 Black
          RR1 Blue ghost flames
          Stealth EX
          Hamer Studio
          Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Yes they sounded great this last tour. Demolition tone just seemed buzzy fizzy to me as well. I saw an interview and they did say they used an JMP-1 and a old 50 watt JMP head to record with but depended on the JMP-1 live as it was capable of covering all of their tones. HOpe they come out with a new cd as I really liked Angel of Retribution.

Mr Hiwatt
            +1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Is that a actual number....??

Comment

The 50 Watt stereo model is $1,279 and the 60 Watt stereo model is $1,519. There's another model being added to the line that going to cost even more!

I don't really know about the prices on the newer Engl power amps but earlier models from the 90's run as cheap as about $350.
              I paid $300. for mine off Ebay about two years ago. They made a stereo 2/50 watt or a 2/100 watt both had EL34's with switchable Vol. and Pres. controls on both channels that could be switched either with a stereo 1/4 inch jack pedal or with a device like a Rockman Midi Octopus.You can also hook any Ohmage cabinets to them and they have a two speed fan and are only 3 rack spaces high!
              The Engl power amps were way ahead of anybody else as far a features go, in the early 90's!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
                The 50 Watt stereo model is $1,279 and the 60 Watt stereo model is $1,519. There's another model being added to the line that going to cost even more!
                Yikes!!,...I would never pay that much for any power amp!!, even thought I'm sure there are others that are even more expensive than that, No Thanks!
                If you're looking at an Engl, the early 90's models are definately worth checking out and are very affordable.

Comment

Hey..some interesting news..

John Comprix of Beyond Fear w/ Ripper Owens is coming over tomorrow night to check out a Uberschall in the flesh..

He is currently endorsed by Engl and is not satisfied with the Powerball / Fireball..he wants more "brutality"..

He took home a VHT "Deliverance" to try out at rehearsal tonight..neither of us heard that yet..so I'm waiting for his verdict on that one..

He's a pretty lucky fucker..he gets to use any free gear he wants...must be nice..

Bogner just offered him an endorsement deal..so he wants to give this a shot..I think he'll be quite happy myself..

I'll keep you posted..

Bill Z

Comment

Mr Hiwatt
                    Ah wow, I thought they still used the Piranha

I liked both tones though, and have both preamps

Comment

Yikes!!,...I would never pay that much for any power amp!!, even thought I'm sure there are others that are even more expensive than that, No Thanks!
                      If you're looking at an Engl, the early 90's models are definately worth checking out and are very affordable.
                      Agreed !
                      Got mine for $400.. same model as you mentioned... Midi switchable...

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
                        Agreed !
                        Got mine for $400.. same model as you mentioned... Midi switchable...
                        Pair that baby with an original Kasha Rockmod I or II preamp and you're got a Killer setup!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          Hey..some interesting news..

John Comprix of Beyond Fear w/ Ripper Owens is coming over tomorrow night to check out a Uberschall in the flesh..

He is currently endorsed by Engl and is not satisfied with the Powerball / Fireball..he wants more "brutality"..

He took home a VHT "Deliverance" to try out at rehearsal tonight..neither of us heard that yet..so I'm waiting for his verdict on that one..

He's a pretty lucky fucker..he gets to use any free gear he wants...must be nice..

Bogner just offered him an endorsement deal..so he wants to give this a shot..I think he'll be quite happy myself..

I'll keep you posted..

Bill Z
                          Bill - Not sure if he'll remember me, but tell him I said Hi. I teched for Caffery and Oliva on the Fall run that they did with Beyond Fear in 2005... sort of kind of helped out with changeovers for those guys as well, since the backline was shared excpet amp heads. He was using a Krank at the time, and I think Dwayne was using a Powerball

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
                            Bill - Not sure if he'll remember me, but tell him I said Hi. I teched for Caffery and Oliva on the Fall run that they did with Beyond Fear in 2005... sort of kind of helped out with changeovers for those guys as well, since the backline was shared excpet amp heads. He was using a Krank at the time, and I think Dwayne was using a Powerball

Will do man..He's in Eirope now for awhile..I'll be hounding him for a Uberkab when he gets back..

Comment

Working...
                            X