Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker
    The Uberkab has a pair of Vintage 30's and a pair of 75's in an X pattern from what I understand. Someday I'll pick one up.

Rudy
    Yes that's what I always heard..maybe that combination in a tuned cab..well I'm sure it does tyhe Uber Justice..

I heard from others here that owned Ubers tell me it sounds great..but I wished I wouldn't have to have one shipped..too bad I can drive somewhere ..even if a couple hour hike and pick it up..

NOBODY stocks , carries or even knows about these amps around here..

GC and all the other music stores stock basically whatver is in the Muscians friend..that's about it.

I like to play it before I buy it..I totally took a chance when I bought my Uberr..but at least I drove over to that sellers house and -played it for about 300 minutes before forking over the 2k in his hands..so we were both happy..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I know what you mean about playing it before buying. Although I was fairly sure I wanted the Uberschall head, I had never actually played one myself. When I was out of town I looked up dealers in that area on Bogner's website. Two of them were out of stock and said they sell as fast as they get them in. The third place had one in stock so I rushed over there and made it as they were literally turning out the lights to close. I plugged in an SL2H and within seconds it confirmed what I thought. That was my amp!
      GC is useless for this high end stuff. The only two Bogner dealers in Ohio are in Columbus and Cincinatti. I was in Columbus about two months ago so I visited that dealer but they had nothing in stock Cinci is too far a drive from here.

Rudy
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

been messing with my tri amp a bit lately. i swapped out my 81 in the bridge position and put in an 85. wow. what a huge difference. i don't think i'll ever us 81's again. the 85 just brings so much more life to the amp.

Comment

Tri-Amp i played and great sounding amp, it was tough getting my XTC over it, but i loved the plexi mode on my XTC.

I have the Uber with the Uber cab, great combination, the uber cab is suppose to be 75 and 30 on top and 75 and 30 on bottem, if you see them any other way it means someone changed it.

Uber is the tightest amp out there for metal, however the recto has more bottem end and there are ways to tighten it up and just has its own unique voice. However since i wanted tightness i choose the uber, plus I got mine for $1800 used on Ebay and it is in brand new shape.

The reason so many bands get different sounds out of the uber has to do with speakers you choose, coheed still uses there mesa cabs with V30's. I am not sure what thursday uses. I know dave navarro uses a Marshall cab so i am going to assume it is 75's.

Comment

Working...
          X