No announcement yet.

Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Uberschall must be pretty versatile if Bill uses it and the guys in Thursday use it too, and it excells with both.

Comment

Plus I use it too, so it must be versatile
      The Uberschall will have you hooked within hitting your first chord through it. It just sounds that damn good! I wanted one as soon as I heard the sound clips on their website and when I was out of town I searched for Bogner dealers. Finally found one who had an Uber in stock, most were pre-sold anywhere I called, and went to check it out. It was literally closing time so the salesman said what guitar do you want to try it with? I looked on the wall behind me and damn if there wasn't a Jackson SL2H hanging there! I plugged that in and thats all it took. Jackson + Ubey= Ultimate Tone.

Rudy
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thats right Box, Rudy..I've heard other bands use the Uber in studio and have a completeley different tone than I do..like Coheed and Cambria (sp)

The uber can really be vicious..but it can be very tamed..it covers alot of sonic ground.

I love the "growl" of the Uber...it definitely has it's own voice..especially when cranked..Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) goes balls out ..kinda like I do..you can't mistake that is all Uber when you here him now.

Remember our old board member Thingman..he sold me on that amp with his clips, they were VERY good..then his got stolen..

I wonder what happened to him..he was pretty cool..it's because of him that I have the Uber..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The uber is what he used on Glorious Burden right? It's a killer sound in its own right and works for the album, but not what I think of as classic IE sound. It sounds too, trebly, maybe? Not the right word, but it doesnt soud as full or thick and crushing as previous stuff. But maybe thats mixing or whatever. I know I still want to try one in real life regardless. Sorry for not being able to articulate the difference but I just picked two random IE songs, Red baron/Blue max vs. Dragon's Child (once it kicks in, obviously), and I think that shows what I mean.

Comment

Yeah..I just barely spoke to Shaffer about it..He used to have a Larry Amp with a BBE 422 in the loop and I always thought he had a killer rythm tone..one of the best IMO..

But he floored me with his tone when I saw him with Ripper..

I asked "Hey Jon hows that Uber compared to your old Larry"

He replied with a simple "No comparison" and smiled..

that was all he had to say..and yeah it sounded damn good!

BTW, Tim is cool, But I miss Matt Barlow

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
              John and I knew a local guy that wanted to sell his at the time I was looking for a quality head..

It looked very nice and seemed to be very well built..but neither their band, John or I was very impressed with it..and I could have bought it for 1100 bucks dead mint..and hardly used.

we did play it for some time..it just didn't do it for me.

but, that's just my opinion..don't let it sway yours..amps are very subjective..

For example me and rectos don't get along at all..but some do VERY good with them..like Jeff Loomis.

I'll stick with the Uber..that works best for me so far!
              IIRC, it did take you a while for you to dial it in just so. Like, weeks of tweakin'.

With a bit more time with the H&K, you might've liked it better too.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I agree Bill, the Uber can cover a lot of ground. I use it in my current band which does 80's covers.

Rudy
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Hey Rudy...yeah I play VH shit with this thing all the time..

G, an amp will let me know if I like it or not within' a minute or five..seriously..all amps have their own "voice" no matter how you tweak it..all your doing is tweakin' that voice..

As soon as I plug into ANY amp..it better give me VH instantly..that's my reference point..then I go from there..the gain structure and quality and timbre of an amp really doesn't change much..in my experience..

Just like the Uber, no matter where the knobs are..it's still sounds like the Uber ..just bassier, edgier, scooping or boosting mids..ect..it's still sounds like the Uber.

Just like a Marshall , Mesa MrkIII, Soldano, VHT, 5150, recto...and etc..
                  Last edited by horns666; 05-18-2006, 06:28 AM.

Comment

How much does a new Uber cost?
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Ummm I really don't know ..I think they go for about $2800 new..give or take a buck.

The guy I bought mine from paid $2400 plus tax about 3 years ago..lost his job and wanted to get out of the credit card payment..I got it for 2K..it wasn't even 2 months old.

it was on the Bay..and he lived in Columbus OH , just a couple hours from me..so I went and played it and picked it up..

I have the receipt

Comment

Bill is correct about the Uber's price. If you get it with the metal front grill option you're looking at about $2,800 and about $180 less with the standard basket weave front. Prices are pretty close from dealer to dealer and there aren't that many of them around. You can check the list of dealers on Bogner's website. On E-Bay I've seen them go between $2000-2400 used. Bill, you did good picking up yours for that price fairly new.
                        The Uber is pricey but it will put a big grin on your face instantly when you play it. Some amps you play and then think to yourself for that much money it really should sound much better. Not the Uber, It really does kick THAT much ass!

Rudy
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Yes, the Uber is THE best "metal" head I've ever heard...I'll put this thing up against anything..

ANYTHING!

Comment

Bill, do you also have the Uberkab? I run mine through my Mesa Recto cab with Vintage 30's in it. Of course it sounds great through it Eventually I wouldn't mind picking up an Uberkab anyway. Have to pay off the Uberschall head first though.

Rudy
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Nah Rudy, I'm runnin' mine thru a Marshall 1960A slant..

I heard great things about the Uberkab..but I learned that some are stocked with Vin 30's..I never been a fan of those speakers..no matter what cab I ever heard them in..

I like the sound of celestion 75's..they have that chug and that edge I dig..and know

I would love to try a Uberkab tho..it designed for this amp..I'm sure it's sounds great..I'd prolly buy it anywhoo..if there was one in front of me..

Comment

The Uberkab has a pair of Vintage 30's and a pair of 75's in an X pattern from what I understand. Someday I'll pick one up.

Rudy
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X