Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II

Has anybody ever tried this one! i can tell ya this amp is f***** awesome! If you see one over there or whereever you are... take your time and rehearse it a while... WOW!!!
    Stay fuckin metal.... for life!!! ALEX

www.myspace.com/alekshitz

Well, it sounds like you've played it, ya gotta give us a review. I've been very interested in trying that amp, but never had the time to hunt one down and try it

Comment

It's a monster...

Hy Folks,

you're right Irfaan... I not only played... i still play it cause i got one! Never done any kind of review... so gimme a lil' time to write one... I'll let you know more asap.

AlTheHell

To say it in a very short way: Clean: sparkling fine clear clean Tone (2 Channels) Crunch: from a little crunch to brit-stack everything is possile (2 Channels) Lead: up to super high-gain no limits except your ears(2 Channel)

Detailed review comin' soon!!!

Cheers

Ooooppppssss... Pic is close to original size...
      Last edited by AlTheHell; 05-15-2006, 09:52 PM.

Comment

i have always wanted one but i think they are very expensive.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Cool, thanks dude

Comment

I am sure its an amazing amp. It should be for how much it costs.
            I have never heard one. $3500.00+ is a ton of money for an amp head.
            Congratz!!!

Comment

John and I knew a local guy that wanted to sell his at the time I was looking for a quality head..

It looked very nice and seemed to be very well built..but neither their band, John or I was very impressed with it..and I could have bought it for 1100 bucks dead mint..and hardly used.

we did play it for some time..it just didn't do it for me.

but, that's just my opinion..don't let it sway yours..amps are very subjective..

For example me and rectos don't get along at all..but some do VERY good with them..like Jeff Loomis.

I'll stick with the Uber..that works best for me so far!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

try the triamp mode 2 (brit) with a ts 808 ( or any boost ) - it slays with a vintage 30 loaded h&k cab - on mk1 version

Comment

I have one. I've had it for about 6 months now and i love it. so versatile and sounds absolutely amazing. Heavy son of a bitch too. I use a maxon 808 with it on channel 2 and 3 depending on what i'm playing. awesome amp. just hope the power transformer never takes a shit. cost me almost $400 for a new one. I did a review on it a few months ago . look back a wats and you'll find it.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                    I am sure its an amazing amp. It should be for how much it costs.
                    I have never heard one. $3500.00+ is a ton of money for an amp head.
                    Congratz!!!
                    you can get them for $2600 from musicians friend i believe. maybe $2800.

Comment

Originally posted by RickStar
                      you can get them for $2600 from musicians friend i believe. maybe $2800.
                      MF has them for $2999, poking around the internet I found a site that has them for $2200 + $127 for shipping.

Comment

Bill is right about the Uber! I just bought one a couple months back and that thing just smokes! I've wanted one for a while but its tough on the wallet getting amps in that price range. Another impressive amp is the Bad Cat.
                        At NAMM this past year, Hughes & Kettner had another version of their amp out that was an Alex Lifeson signature module. I'm not sure whats differennt about it than the standard version other than purple lighting though.

Rudy
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

A couple years ago when I was in a band back in VA, we auditioned a second guitarist that had one. It sounded great (and looked cool too!). I would love to get one but they are expensive. Of course if I did spring for one, it would have to be the Lifeson model
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker
                            Bill is right about the Uber!

Please tell a poor-english-speaking guy what "uber" is???

Thanx

AlTheHell

Comment

A Uber..short for Uberschall is a very awesome high gain amp made by Bogner..meaning "super sonic"

they are expensive but worth every cent IMO..

It's a 120wt all tube head loaded with four EL34's.

It has a extremley tight bottom end and the ONLY amp head I've ever tried or owned that is completely "flubless''..you can't make it flub out if you tried.

Meaning I can max the gain on this amp unlike a recto or a 5150 for example...the gain is totally usable at ANY setting..from 12 O' Clock "flick of the switch" classic JMP AC/DC..to a very warm VH-ish tone..to very brutal metal territory that remains tight and focused with definition that needs to be heard to be believed..

Being that I am a Death/thrasher..my gain knob is super-glued on ten..it sounds best to my ears that way..I lose something "cool" instantly as soon as I back it off a tad..

John (Cleveland metal) was doing some authetic Yngwie sounding runs with the gain on ten..and it sounded damn good..he agreed it sounded best with the gain full on..for our liking anywhoo..

Most will say you can NOT cranked the Uber on 10..I say the opposite..for the style that I play..it is mandatory!

My uber's gain on ten is comparible to a 5150's gain on 6..just much more tighter, focused and organic.

I'll go head to head with any high gain amp anyday and come out grinning like a whore with a jackhammer dong..

I hope that explains it..my version anywhoo..

I play very heavy music (ala Nevermore, Arch Enemy, At the Gates, Testament, Coroner with a tad of Black metal style) ..I don't play "pretty" stuff..if I want to clean it up for dynamics..I roll back the guitar volume knob..it works great...

Although the clean channel is very nice..I don't use it..it's just not what I do..

Bill
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X