Are people dumping 11 racks or is it just me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are people dumping 11 racks or is it just me

I've been searching for a decent deal on a Digitech GSP1101 and one thing I'm noticing is that there seem to be tons of used Eleven Racks or sale. Some real cheap. Is that unit just a flash in the pan type of thing.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

It seems to be everywhere and pretty cheap just like you said. People are complaining about the mid gain and low gain models, Particularly the vintage Marshall's and Fender's. They all have a blanket bass response and people are having a bitch of a time trying to get rid of them. People are also saying the harmonizer blows chunks hard! The delays and reverbs make the heavily distorted patches very muddy sounding as well. They're also complaining that the stomp box emulations are very low budget sounding and not realistic at all. Hope it helps bro.
    Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-05-2013, 01:31 AM.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Wow, didn't know people were having that many issues with it. I started to look into them but when I found out they didn't have a pitch shift that was it for me. And yeah, fx on the distortion channels sounded really odd but I was listening to clips online so I chalked it up to that.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Yeah my buddy had it for about 6 weeks and sold it. I messed with it for probably 12 hours over the period he owned it but he and I both agreed it had it's good points but there were also inherent flaws that a unit of this price just shouldn't have.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
          It seems to be everywhere and pretty cheap just like you said. People are complaining about the mid gain and low gain models, Particularly the vintage Marshall's and Fender's. They all have a blanket bass response and people are having a bitch of a time trying to get rid of them. People are also saying the harmonizer blows chunks hard! The delays and reverbs make the heavily distorted patches very muddy sounding as well. They're also complaining that the stomp box emulations are very low budget sounding and not realistic at all. Just what I am hearing. Hope it helps bro.
          First, there is no harmonizer in the 11R, so if that means it blows chunks, then I guess it does.

I own an 11R and have a new Axe-FX 2. This is why you are seeing them hitting the used markets. The 11R is a great product but it's stuck at 5 years ago. Avid has basically abandoned the product at this point, so people are moving on. If you are looking to get one, make sure you get one with the expansion pack. It addressed many issues with the original release. The delays and reverbs on it are excellent. I actually prefer their reverb to the ones used in the stock presets on the Axe 2.

The JTM-45 model in it is great. Very responsive. I also really like the Modern SOD model for high gain stuff. It's also useful as a recording/reamping interface. And speaking of interface, the front panel interface is excellent for tweaking the settings. It's not as deep as the axe but WAY faster at getting to the settings.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            First, there is no harmonizer in the 11R, so if that means it blows chunks, then I guess it does.

I own an 11R and have a new Axe-FX 2. This is why you are seeing them hitting the used markets. The 11R is a great product but it's stuck at 5 years ago. Avid has basically abandoned the product at this point, so people are moving on. If you are looking to get one, make sure you get one with the expansion pack. It addressed many issues with the original release. The delays and reverbs on it are excellent. I actually prefer their reverb to the ones used in the stock presets on the Axe 2.

The JTM-45 model in it is great. Very responsive. I also really like the Modern SOD model for high gain stuff. It's also useful as a recording/reamping interface. And speaking of interface, the front panel interface is excellent for tweaking the settings. It's not as deep as the axe but WAY faster at getting to the settings.
            Well my opinion is based on the very limited amount of time I spent playing with it. If you own the model I am sure you know more about it. Perhaps my buddy just had his all out of whack. I hated the presets on it but that could've been due to him altering them.

Comment

As for it not having a harmonizer you must have a different model than he's talking about. The digitech GSP 1101 does have a harmonizer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6I28TmmgrU

Comment

As for it not having a harmonizer you must have a different model than he's talking about. The digitech GSP 1101 does have a harmonizer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6I28TmmgrU
                from Avid's specs, there's no harmonizer in the 11R. A lot of chatter around the internet about whether they would ever add one in a future firmware update. But I can't find anything about there actually being one. Given how many people desire it, you figure it would create a fuss if they'd actually added one.

I always put the lower secondhand prices on the 11R down to the fact that the original owners have registered ProTools & aren't transferring the license with the sale. Most units I've seen for sale specify that PT isn't included. So anyone buying an old one is probably going to have buy PT. Plus don't you require some kind of key/lock to authorise it? So that's an additional expense/dissuader
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I've had an 11r -- twice. It's a good unit for what they go for now, but as others have said, Avid has basically abandoned it. It's also kinda "captive" to Pro Tools for upgrading, which also no longer seems to happen either - it's basically had one upgrade. It's a step above a Pod Pro, but no longer in the same league as the Pod HD series. For a budget player though, it's a GREAT unit. Easy to use, easy to get good usable tones out of.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    from Avid's specs, there's no harmonizer in the 11R. A lot of chatter around the internet about whether they would ever add one in a future firmware update. But I can't find anything about there actually being one. Given how many people desire it, you figure it would create a fuss if they'd actually added one.

I always put the lower secondhand prices on the 11R down to the fact that the original owners have registered ProTools & aren't transferring the license with the sale. Most units I've seen for sale specify that PT isn't included. So anyone buying an old one is probably going to have buy PT. Plus don't you require some kind of key/lock to authorise it? So that's an additional expense/dissuader
                    Then what would you call the effect in the youtube video I posted if it's not a harmonizer?
                    Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-05-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Then what would you call the effect in the youtube video I posted if it's not a harmonizer?
                      They're talking about the 11R not having a harmonizer. You're the only one here talking about the GSP1101.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ah man, you really got me there. With all this talk about the 11R, I didn't acknowledge that there is a harmonizer in the GSP1101
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          They're talking about the 11R not having a harmonizer. You're the only one here talking about the GSP1101.
                          I am well aware of what they're talking about. Adrock the OP of this thread is and was asking for opinions on the GSP 1101. Why people came on this thread and started talking about the 11R I have no idea. It's as if they didn't even read his question before they posted.
                          Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-05-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            ah man, you really got me there. With all this talk about the 11R, I didn't acknowledge that there is a harmonizer in the GSP1101
                            Hellbat started the talk about the 11R. The 11R was never even the subject of discussion in this thread. :think:

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                              I've been searching for a decent deal on a Digitech GSP1101 and one thing I'm noticing is that there seem to be tons of used Eleven Racks or sale. Some real cheap. Is that unit just a flash in the pan type of thing.
                              Just in case you guys missed it. This thread is about the GSP 1101. Not the 11R.
                              Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-05-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X