No announcement yet.

Mesa Boogie MINI RECTIFIER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played through one of these last week. I've never used a maxi rectifier so my only point of comparison was other mini heads (Egnater, H&K etc).

The look and build are both fantastic and I like the way that each channel can be set independently between 10/25w. The saturated sound was impressive.

Weather I would buy one is a different story. If I could afford to I'd like to be a MESS snob. However I think I'd probably go for a single channel mini head for half the price.

Comment

OK boys and girls... I pulled the trigger today. Mini Rectifier coming my way. Hope to have it by the end of the week!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations! Let us know how you like it.
        My other signature says something funny

Comment

Yes, I would like to know what you think of it.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Once I get it, I will try to do some clips of it. I will keep you all posted.
            JB aka BenoA

Comment

Love to hear all about it.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Check out this guy's video playing on the Mini. Well, Ola's been known to make everything sound huge! He's just that good. But that's besides the point. This amp head is indeed very impressive.

Sam

Comment

The bad thing about using that guy as an example is every amp he plays through sounds like him. He needs to do stuff without guitar filled backing tracks so you can hear the actual amp character.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    The bad thing about using that guy as an example is every amp he plays through sounds like him. He needs to do stuff without guitar filled backing tracks so you can hear the actual amp character.
                    That' mostly true. The only time you can hear the real amp is when he's soloing. That's only assuming he's not using a different amp for soloing.

however, i use the patches he created for the AXE Ultra and they are simply awesome. There are some choices he's made, choosing the modules and parameters that only someone who knows what he's really doing would do.
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      Exactly. At first I tought his videos were great but they all sound the same. All the amps he plays through will end sounding quite similar once he does these videos. But at least, Ola is a really good player.

----------

Don't expect something similar from me... I don't have his talent... I'll see what I can do in the coming days once I get the lil' amp.

----------

Why is the "wait" so hard once you buy a new piece of gear. With some luck will receive the amp tomorrow... But... looking at my schedule, I won't have the time tomorrow evening to play with it
                      JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                      X