• Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie MINI RECTIFIER

I want one badly...

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_In...ctifier25.html

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

If only the price drop on it versus a dual rec was equivalent to the shrinkage percentage. I bet these things sell for $1800 in Canada.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

"Lurking within this expensive metal chassis......." That should say it all right there.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I don't remember where I saw it, but if I recall well, street price will be 999$.
        JB aka BenoA

Comment

I dunno, I thought the point of the Rectifier was tight bass and preamp gain, so a 10/25-watt version of that sounds like, uh, I dunno, not a great idea. :dunno:

Comment

i'm with you....

to me, this whole "mini" amp thing is getting out of hand. yes, small amps are great....BUT most guys that want a recto are metal dudes that wnat/need the tightness a large power stage delivers. blues/roots/country guys often benefit from the "mini" amps and their ability to distort in the power stage sooner. a 25 watt recto with el84 tubes is NOT gonna really sound like a "mini recto"...it'll probably be its own thing, or sound like a super-goosed vox.....
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, it MIGHT be really cool for some stuff, but I'd be surprised if any "recto guys" are the guys who think it's really cool.

Comment

I think its aiming at a different market than the normal recto crowd. I like the idea. a 12 lb amp that sounds big. its great for doing small gigs, etc. when you need lower volume, but good tone. I wont run out and buy one now, but I might try one and cruise the used market in a few years if they sound cool. certainly worth checking out IMO. Lets face it, amps are freakin heavy, so if you can get great tube tone out of a mini amp........why not? sure as hell easier to gig with. you can take to rehersals, to a buddy's house, recording studio, without a crew of roadies to haul your stuff.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                  I think its aiming at a different market than the normal recto crowd. I like the idea. a 12 lb amp that sounds big. its great for doing small gigs, etc. when you need lower volume, but good tone. I wont run out and buy one now, but I might try one and cruise the used market in a few years if they sound cool. certainly worth checking out IMO. Lets face it, amps are freakin heavy, so if you can get great tube tone out of a mini amp........why not? sure as hell easier to gig with. you can take to rehersals, to a buddy's house, recording studio, without a crew of roadies to haul your stuff.
                  Dont know about gigging, but the studio would definitely be a plus. I also agree that it wont sound the same though. EL84s are a different beast.
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                    Yeah, I just kind of think they should have called it something else.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                      Yeah, I just kind of think they should have called it something else.
                      Put a seat above the power tubes and call it "Rectumfryer".
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

It's finaly out and doesn't sound bad at all:

Last edited by BenoA; 10-12-2011, 06:47 PM. Reason: typo
                        JB aka BenoA

Comment

Have you ordered yours yet?
                          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

No... not yet... Not enough $$$ right... trying to sell a few items and it's not going well...
                            JB aka BenoA

Comment

I think they are cool, but they are WAY too spendy. to me its a $600 amp for the features you get. no way its worth the $1100 they want for them. I will wait and pick one up years down the road on the used market.
                              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                              X