No announcement yet.

Mesa Boogie MINI RECTIFIER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to this interview he sold the name but kept the designs and model names...

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...n_Fryette.aspx
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      According to this interview he sold the name but kept the designs and model names...

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...n_Fryette.aspx
      After reading that interview, something still doesn't add up. But I don't want to spread misinformation, so I deleted my prior post.

Comment

Things do seem a little shady there. I guess the important point there is if you like OLD VHT gear, buy a Freyette. And that new models and designs are owned and created by AXL which is/was I believe a Chinese manufacturing company.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Mesa...lol.

Comment

that Fryette interview was clear as mud.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Mud??...Mud???

Some dude was banging this fat broad on the beach. He was goin' at it, and goin' at it. Finally he asked "Is it in??" Miss Fatts replied "No it's in the mud". So she shoves it...where it's supposed to go. Dude starts goin'..and goin..and goin' He stops and asks nicely "WTF..is it in!!??" She says "Yes!!!"...Dude sighed.."Well, put in back in the mud"..

See what I'm sayin' to you...?
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                that Fryette interview was clear as mud.
                Exactly. I don`t understand why Steve would sell the VHT name. Fryette Pittbull:think:

Comment

He sold it for money, and because everybody knows that he is the builder. He just took an opposite tactic from Michael Soldano, who associated his name wit Jet City Amps. Maybe Freyette didn't have the money to do that, so he sold his original brand name to get the money out of it.

What difference does it make if it says Freyette? It will make his new amps more valuable versus used VHTs because people will just wonder. So more new Freyettes may sell as opposed to used VHTs and he has money in his pocket from the sale of the old name.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It no doubt tarnished the brand because it created/creates confusion in the marketplace. Read post #24 for an example.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      Mud??...Mud???

Some dude was banging this fat broad on the beach. He was goin' at it, and goin' at it. Finally he asked "Is it in??" Miss Fatts replied "No it's in the mud". So she shoves it...where it's supposed to go. Dude starts goin'..and goin..and goin' He stops and asks nicely "WTF..is it in!!??" She says "Yes!!!"...Dude sighed.."Well, put in back in the mud"..

See what I'm sayin' to you...?
                      arent you a little big to be playin in the fuckin' mud???

That Fryette thing is just odd. I mean its weird, 2 companies producing the same amps??

why didnt they make him do a non compete clause???? tahts just strange as hell.

Comment

Played through one of these little bastards the other day the local shop. I was pleasantly surprised. It sounded nothing like a full size Rec.. I never thought it would considering the EL84s, but it IMO it sounded better. Ill attribute that to the EL84s being a real pentode like an EL34 as opposed to a beam tetrode like the 6L6. Ive always preferred EL34s to 6L6s. They always seem to be more full of life than a 6L6. If I had a use for a mini amp, Id go this route or the V3M over the other options. Ill have to find myself a full size Rec. that has EL34s and see how I think it sounds.
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                          Played through one of these little bastards the other day the local shop. I was pleasantly surprised. It sounded nothing like a full size Rec.. I never thought it would considering the EL84s, but it IMO it sounded better. Ill attribute that to the EL84s being a real pentode like an EL34 as opposed to a beam tetrode like the 6L6. Ive always preferred EL34s to 6L6s. They always seem to be more full of life than a 6L6. If I had a use for a mini amp, Id go this route or the V3M over the other options. Ill have to find myself a full size Rec. that has EL34s and see how I think it sounds.
                          I always used to run my recto with EL34s. Really tightens it up.
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

I am interested in trying one. but I still aint paying fuckin $999 for a head. no way. I dont care how much Billz wants me to buy one, I still aint payin $999. I will wait until they hit the used market. all in good time.

Comment

I'll buy one soon... I'll let ya know!
                              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by benoa View Post
                                i'll buy one soon... I'll let ya know! :d
                                rock on!!!!!!!!!:d

Comment

Working...
                                X