• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soap View Post
    There you go.
    We have a winner!
    Tell em what he won Bob.

These kind of threads are a bit much for me, in the sense I think their silly.
    If it was a thread about "help me to learn how to do pinch harmonics" I'd jump right in and help.
    But these type of threads I like to have alittle fun with.

To discuss the mechanics and dynamics of pinch harmonics based on wood type, neck-thru, bolt on, pickups, high or low string action...blah, blah, blah and so on and so forth, is mental masturbation, pointless rheteric to me.
    Once you learn to do it, you can do with any guitar regardless.
    Either you can do it or you can't, bottomline.
    Yep..just shut up and ping!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
      There you go.
      We have a winner!
      Tell em what he won Bob.

These kind of threads are a bit much for me, in the sense I think their silly.
      If it was a thread about "help me to learn how to do pinch harmonics" I'd jump right in and help.
      But these type of threads I like to have alittle fun with.

To discuss the mechanics and dynamics of pinch harmonics based on wood type, neck-thru, bolt on, pickups, high or low string action...blah, blah, blah and so on and so forth, is mental masturbation, pointless rheteric to me.
      Once you learn to do it, you can do with any guitar regardless.
      Either you can do it or you can't, bottomline.
      sure sure, I hear what you're saying.

now on to more serious matters.....

I hold my 1mm Jim Dunlop Tortex pick between thumb & forefinger with approximately 2mm of material showing at around 17 degrees angle to the strings. I've been told that I will increase my npm (notes per minute) by a staggering 3% if I angle my pick at 18 degrees instead. Now, to my question - do you think I'll be sacrificing note definition on my augmented hyperlyxial sweeps by attempting this change to my fundamental picking technique.

And as an aside, you do find the mixolydian or dorian modes faster over basic blues chord progressions?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Did you get any on yourself?
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

it depends on your setup mostly. pinches on the my stock jackson were near unpossible. the OEM HZ's are pretty lame in terms of output power. i have a tone zone in the bridge that is not only high output but just naturally spews harmonic overtones. even with green tortex's i can squeeze out pinches as fast as i can think about it.

if you really want to pull pinches change your strings to something light and bright. i always used D'addario super light's. the .09's. hold your pick with your thumb closer to the point and you shouldn't have an issue. if you do you probably need more gain in lieu of better pickups. hell, when i first started choking up on the pick my thumb would hit the strings on accident and i'd throw death squeals like mad.

Comment

Working...
          X