• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strings and gauges...

11-52 Dean Markleys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

jeez dave...into "self-persecution"?... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I use D'Addario 9-42s

I like em.. I break strings often.. and I'd probably break strings often no matter what guage I'm using. I'm a huge wammy bar abuser. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Often as in every 2 weeks, or so.

Comment

Daddario 10-46
            you break strings that often? i abuse the trem but my strings dont break ever..maybe you have a burr in you saddle. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

He's using an Ibenhad trem. That explains it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EB Super Slinky 9-42 on everything [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

D'Addario's feel square to me, though the Kelly I had came with that set with the wound 3rd, and they sounded really great. Still felt like they were square, though.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you saw the way I abuse my Floyd.. you'd know why I break strings that often. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Using an Ibenhad explains everything [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I dont know what you mean by square, i mean i dont use the flat wound strings or anything. I just use what i like, and i've tried several brands.

Comment

I don't break strings that often. Then again, i don't use my floyd very much lol. Actually, come to think of it, i've NEVER broken a string in the 5.5 years i've been playing, while playing. I broke my first string tuning lol. That was back the first time i ever strung up a guitar, and i had all the strings wound on backwords, so they were all rubbing against the other pegheads lol.

Anyway, i now use Elixir 11-49, nanoweb coating for my guitars, and Rotosound hard long for my bass.

Comment

Hey.. I need to pick someones brain and see if they can tell me what brand of strings has different colored ball ends. I pulled some strings off a guitar I bought in which the ends were gold, satin, red, green, blue, and purple.
                      I forget who makes these... anyone know?

Comment

D'Addario strings have different colored ball ends.

Comment

Thanks Word!.. I haven't used them in years so they must've changed that awhile back.

[ March 24, 2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                            Hey.. I need to pick someones brain and see if they can tell me what brand of strings has different colored ball ends. I pulled some strings off a guitar I bought in which the ends were gold, satin, red, green, blue, and purple.
                            I forget who makes these... anyone know?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">D'Addario.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You're about 6 hours late, Joe. I already answered that question. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

No problem, bro.

Comment

Whoa, that was weird. I swear there was no response to his post when I responded. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Actually, his question was at the end of the first page, and I didn't realize there was a second page when I hit reply. D'OH! LOL

[ March 24, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X