No announcement yet.

Do You Trust Websites for Tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least a lot of the website tabs are free, so you've got nothing to lose if you try them. I wouldn't even think about paying someone for a tab on the internet unless they had a lot of good references. Some of the tab books you buy in the store aren't even right.

Comment

Most are way off, but if your stuck on something it's a great way to get a new perspective.

Comment

I trust nothing or no one....I'm anti everything.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
          Some are dead on and some aren't even close. My advice would be to use them as a starting point and make changes as you hear them.
          exactly.

they are a starting point and then they are as good as you make them when you copy them over to Word. some are OK, some blow.

I always spend time on my tabs, making sure they are as correct as possible. after using them to help learn the song (if there are any funky parts I can't get on my own), then I rarely look at them once I have it down.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I use tabs if I get stuck learning things by ear, which is what I try to do most of the time. Usually, tabs are way off anyway.

Comment

When I started out I used to look at tabs every time I ever wanted to learn something, but now I can figure out the majority of stuff just by listening to it. Tabs are a good starting point, though.

Comment

I use tabs as a starting point sometimes. Most of them are wrong though, so I just use them as a reference. I've noticed that very frequently, people will tab out a lead, and it's all over the fucking place. They don't put any thought into it.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I only use tabs for a guideline, I try learning most of the songs I hear by ear. Guitar Pro works miracles though, at least with that you can hear the tab while/before you attempt to learn it.

But no, I don't usually trust websites for tabs.
                  Originally posted by horns666
                  The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I only use guitar pro tabs and I listen to them before I learn them to make sure they're at least mostly correct. That's all that really matters. I can figure out the best fingerings myself and correct small mistakes. Sometimes tabs that have the right notes have pretty stupid fingerings tabbed out. I think I have a pretty good ear but tabs are more convenient than wasting loads of time learning someone else's composition by ear.
                    Last edited by MatthewK; 12-24-2007, 10:46 PM.

Comment

With more popular songs you can always hop on youtube and find visual guides or just check out the person/band play live and see how its done. Tabs are generally just good for getting an idea of whats going on, you're always better off using and training your ears

Comment

Ive found some helpful tabs, usually the 5 star ones though.

Comment

Working...
                        X