Do You Trust Websites for Tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Trust Websites for Tabs?

I know people interpret songs in different ways and Just curious,if you trust The Tabs on the different websites?
    HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
    Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
    (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
    Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
    Boss TU-2
    2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
    1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
    1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

if it sounds right, then yes

It should be obvious if you learn the tab and it doesn't sound the same as the CD then something is wrong

Comment

On some songs I can hear a slide or whatnot,and some of those tabs that are posted dont have the slide,etc.I was just curious who trusts them.
      HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
      Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
      (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
      Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
      Boss TU-2
      2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
      1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
      1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
        if it sounds right, then yes

It should be obvious if you learn the tab and it doesn't sound the same as the CD then something is wrong
        Very true. If you are new to the guitar, many online tabs can send you in the wrong direction. If you've been at it for a while, you know right away if its right or wrong. I've found a lot that aren't even close.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Some are dead on and some aren't even close. My advice would be to use them as a starting point and make changes as you hear them. Play what sounds right to you.

Comment

I try to search for a fan site of a band because they try to get the best tabs out there for respect of the songs.
            '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
            '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
            custom made Les Paul
            VOX Tonelab LE
            Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
            ADA MP1
            BBE 422A
            Lexicon MPX-G2
            ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
            Support Your Local 81

Comment

I never trust a tab 100%. In the end its still just someones interpretation of a song. Great guidelines usually and most probably right but they can be wrong in places.

Comment

No way. Tabs from websites can empty your bank account or send death threats to the U.S. president from your PC
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                  No way. Tabs from websites can empty your bank account or send death threats to the U.S. president from your PC

Now that is funny!

I trust tabs only up to a point. Most tabs are someone else's "take" on the song, so to me they are a great starting point when I am feeling too lazy to figure something out on my own.

Comment

I don't but hey, its a starting point. There are a million ways to play a piece of music, you should transpose to suite your technique. Even if the notes are rigth you can play the same pattern in 2 -3 different positions and fingering...YOU pick which one works of you. Its doesnt matter how other people play it, they adapt to their techniques...you should too
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

One of the first tab books I saw had YYZ, with Lifeson's opening run all in the first 3 frets, including open strings.

When I mastered a ton of Sabbath songs, I laughed at GFTPM's poor transcriptions, and couldn't believe they allowed those out the door.

Tabs have gotten slightly better over the years, but I just use them as starting points.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Not anymore...I have learnt soo many songs "wrong" in the past couple of years due to looking at tabs...

I tend to like the videos these days..and it trains your ears and thinking much better than tabs...
                        Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post

Comment

I got the german Guitar mag ordered they have really good tabs in it...
                            But I prefer to play it by ear... but for some songs I just use tabs for it cause
                            I they can bring me on the right path or because the music is
                            to "difficult" to hear it out(for me)
                            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

yes and no, 80 % of the time they're very accurate, i tend to use guitar pro if i can, sometimes i use them as a guide, i hate the ones that are like 20 pages long - pointles i think, i cna't be bothered to trawl through every bloody note inless its in GP, sometimes i use the notes, but use a figuring thats better for me

Comment

Working...
                              X