I can't get any faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I can\'t get any faster

I live in Estonia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] * for those who dont know it is not Russia [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I'm pretty sure all the members here know it isn't Russia....
      Where exactly do you live? In what city?

Räägid Eesti keelt ka vä?
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Ma ei saa se ei ole v]imalik , see on haige kokkusattumus. Ma vaatasin et sa oled siin k]ige hullem tehnika spetsialist , et niguinii mingi friik ameerikast. Lahe . See JJW on mul nagu kitarrip]petaja. Ma olen Tartus muidu Mind [llatasid su teadmised Sellest Skyes ist. Sorry , ma pole mingi lobamokk lihtsat v'ga [llatunud.

Comment

normaalne, ma pole tükk aega Tartus käinudki, mul palju ex-girlfriende seal..eheee
          ma mingi päris ull tehnika spets nüüd pole, mul palju tarku tuttavaid USAs ja Euroopas, kes nõu on andnud aga eks ma jaga asja küll, ma siin Põhja- ja Kesk Euroopas päris palju erineva tehnikaga mänginud ja seda uurinud. Ja Sykes-ist ma tean jah päris palju, ma palju aastaid ta fänn olnud.

Ma lugesin selle teema siin läbi, ma muidu eriti seda kuradi Technique foorumit ei loe..... aga siin ei tasu ärrituda siin sellepärast, et kas kellelegi meeldib aeglaselt või kiiresti mängida, enamus tüüpe on siin juba vaikselt kesk eas, kunagi 80ndatel olid kõik kõvad kidravennad, mängisid suurtel lavadel said palju groupisi jne. Et siin enamus kõik kiired poisid olnud.
          Siin see kitarrimängu tehnika pole eriti oluline, siin ollakse palju huvitavamate teemade pärast nagu ntx. mingid rariteed või custom made Charvelid või Jacksonid, 80ndate bändid, kontserdid, naised, suured tissid jne. ja siin hea äri teha.
          See on hoopis teistmoodi foorum, siin võetkase kõike vabalt, huumori ja sarkasmiga [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Heh . ma ise olen www.guitarwar.com i liige , seal tkah plaju tuttavaid saanud kes maailma tasemel m'ngivad ja ka k]ike sarkasmi ja huumari v]tnud ja viisakas olnud , siin olen v''rkohtlemist plaju n'ninud ... aga ok proovin , olla viisakam ja vabamalt v]tta Head infi saabn siit k]ll. Soovitan sul guitarwariga liituda, luban et sa ei kahetse.

Comment

speak english!!!LOL
              good to see you again JC-just checked out your site link you gave me-cool drummer
              was good to see where you come from-will email you later my friend

Comment

mind ned guitarwarid ja muud sellised kohad ei huvita nagu, siin niigi neid kõvasid vendasid, üks mängib praegu Megadeth-is näitex, mõni vend siin lindistas 80ndatel super hit lugudele kitarri partiisi, paljud siin suured sõbrad super staaridega ja kõigil suured tutvused ning teadmised. Mind muidu ei huvita ka need uued kitarristid, kõik mu lemmikud olid tegijad juba enne 90ndaid. Siin rohkem vanakooli vennad kõik ja siin ollakse rohkem muu, kui teiste soolode kuulamise pärast. Mulle see koht nagu sobib, et siin saab naljakaid lugusid lugeda, head kraami tellida ja palju muud, teiste mingeid soolo juppe ma eriti ei viitsi kuulata. Egas siin neid magamistoa kitarriste eriti pole ka, suurem osa ikka kõik kõvad bändi vennad, kes pidevalt kontserte annavad või on andnud. Nagu ma ütlesin, see on teistmoodi koht [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

megadeth!!! wrrroooo hhhrrööö!!! I read megadeth!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    megadeth!!! wrrroooo hhhrrööö!!! I read megadeth!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That one more word than me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Wolf [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Speed is a very relative thing.
                      Here's the guy that can play EVH,and in comes the guy that
                      can play Frank Marino, and in comes in the guy who can play Yngwie, and in comes the guy that can play Greg Howe, and in comes the guy that can play Shawn Lane, and in comes the guy that can play Paul Gilbert.
                      All these guys are fast, but they are all fast in different ways.
                      Joe Pass was (RIP) an incredibly fast player as is Pat Martino, but since they are jazz players they are not considered "Shredders". Hollsworth is ridiculous as is Gambale.
                      Michael what is it you are trying to accomplish. Playing arpeggios or just NPS? get a metronome and practice shapes and scales slowly and speed them up (slowly). It's really the only way to get faster and still play smoothly and cleanly.
                      Yesterday I was watching an old Richie Kotzen Instructional
                      video and he had an excercise connecting 4 arpeggios.
                      I ended up practicing for 2 hours with a metronome because I didn't think I was smooth enough connecting the shapes while moving up and down the fret board "Slowly". I could do it fast but when I tried to do it slowly I was stumbling on my up strokes. so I set the met to different speeds and practiced slowly. today I'm smoother than I was yesterday.
                      Still need to do it more, but you get my point.
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

i have that kotzen vid realy good player but fn hell his fingers are HUGE and his speed is godly

Comment

Ya he's got insane legato chops.
                          i like to pull that stuff out once in a while when I'm feeling good about my playing.
                          It brings me back down to reality real quick.
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I got that video too.
                            Its pretty good and yes, his legato licks are pretty darn speedy indeed. His legato licks in the video or any for that matter, are excellent tools for warming up.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I
                              Edit-- By the way is Paul Gilbert's vid only available on VHS? I want it but I don't have a VCR in my room...

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I think the Friedman vid is also only on VHS. at least that's what Amazon had. no dvd, me not wanna buy. I love Marty, but hell get it on dvd for pete's sake.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

couple of things in no real order...

practice two and three note rake/sweeps. The important thing is to get used to playing adjacent strings with the same pick direction, and for each note to be clean and not ring into the next.

Speed is speed - whether it's picked, hammered, swept, whatever... it's the notes that count, not how you play them.

Regarding the age old 'speed isn't as good as emotion' argument... a fast player can always slow down. A slow player doesn't have the option to suddenly grow techique. It's a lot of hard work, and usually those that argue the most against it never really put the time in with the metronome to develop it. Just my 2 cents.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                                X