• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I can\'t get any faster

couldnt agree more,its best to hear ALL the notes when sweeping

Comment

Oh yea... one more thing. My definition of shredding is not sweep picking.
      There is one thing that ALL shredders have in common:
      They all have a VERY fast pick hand.
      Most guitar players have a fast fret hand. What separates the regular soloist's from the shredders is how fast the pick hand is. Thats why its so important to pick every note cleanly and to not move to a faster rate until you master the speed you are on.

Comment

i'd rather hear tasty notes than 4 thousand of them in 3 seconds.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

To be honest im really glad I have stopped practising shredding. Shredding does not help in the real world. What I think is useful is reading ability and accompanying skills etc. I want to be a musician, not a shredder. I think the best way to practice guitar or any instrument when you have the basic technique is by playing tunes. Playing music!

Comment

KIt robert, i couldnt disagree more, so you are telling that playing slow , and so on. This is bullshit, it is jsut cheap excuse, for not being able to move your fingers, and think while you are playing fast. A good guitarist should too it all , fast and slow. I like fusion ,with fevoreite guitarsits like howe garsed , govan , they all play fast form time to time, is it bad??? Hell no they fn rule the world. THEY CAN TOO IT ALL

My advice to teh thred started, dont give up , take it slow , pick up some good instructional vids: paul gilbert's intense rock 1 , and petruccis rock distcipline are one of teh best imo By the way many players who can play fast and clean are not good sweepers , like paul gilbert , he has always told taht sweeping is very difficult for , him, maybe you ave other strong sides to discover But yes take it slow. BTw you can add me to msn if you want , i can make some vids for you if you want Also try to search net, look for TheJonezter sweeping lessons.

Comment

If you typing is anything like your playing then maybe you have some other strong sides we don't know about. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I think that improvising should be about notes and how they react over a given harmonic progression. In shredding this is often neglected. By the way what you are trying to say is very unclear because of spelling and grammatical errors.

Bullshit? OK so Im studying for a music degree at university. I have also played with the National Jazz Youth Orchestra of Scotland. I think I can move my fingers...

Comment

Some fool is feeling well everyday cause his native languge is english and he can type well, ok good for you . Is my english that bad that you cant understand , that i think players should be able to do it all... IN SHREDDING THIS IS OFTEN NEGLECTED, it is often negelecated in non shred as well. You can make it sound good playing fast and you can make it sound good playing slow and oppsite. I am not speaking of mindelss shredders. i am jsut saying that it is pointelss to tell that shredding is bad or somthing like that, you just need to think while you are doing it. "Im studying for a music degree at university" Does that mean your words are pure gold , and i not allowed to tell that imo it is bullshit?? I am positive you are a smart guy , but ... whatever ,go ahead and laught at my spelling , all that i am just a lame guy from europe who doesnt study for a music degree at university, and whos english sucks

Comment

But i agree that being only able to shred will not help you making good music.

Comment

But then agin i might be wrong , since i am positive you are on higher level of understanding music than since i have learnd only 5 years , and just got out of shred , and all that 80s heavy metal stuff. But i still think than even after 10 years when i have learnd a lot about jazz theory adn harmony i willnot say that shred is pointelss, still you must be able to think musically and do it all.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Jc_denton, maybe if you put your Location they would not be as hard as they are on you. Just a idea. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I know how hard it is learning another language, I tried learning Russian but their Cyrillic is very hard to adapt too! At least I'm pretty fluent in Polish [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

it's not JC's use of English that's the problem. Considering it's his second language, he seems to get along fine.

Jack was poking fun at all the typos through his post. Given that this thread has been predominantly about shredding and accuracy, it's amusing that JC should blow up at Kit's post with a response full of typos. Shred is everything, but I can't decide if and is spelt "and" or "adn". Maybe JC should slow his typing down and concentrate on his accuracy, rather than rushing his typing speed and make a bunch of unmusical noise. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

i think i might know JC and have seen him in person(if he is the same dude who stayed at my pad for a weekend when he visited England early on this year)His english isnt bad considering he isnt english!!lol--and on top of that he plays as well as mevery good player-always makes me laugh when guys get ripped apart for their spelling on sites-If you are Geezer JC give me a mail mate

Comment

LOL J again my Estonian/Russian-like english gave me away Ill send you email man.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                LOL J again my Estonian/Russian-like english gave me away Ill send you email man.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude where do you live?
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X