Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here can play Flight of the Bumblebee? (VIDEO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who here can play Flight of the Bumblebee? (VI

The stetina version is supposed to be akward. It's supposed to demand hella good technique.

Comment

I had thought this may be the Marcello version from his REH instruction vid..I've never seen it but I've heard its cool.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        > If you are talking about Petrucci's version at the end of his 8 minute solo on Once In A Livetime,he does it at 266 BPM,and super clean. Jennifer Batten can play it tapping the whole thing,Jeff Watson 8-finger style,at something well over 300 BPM. Think about that. I also have an old Europe video where Kee Marcello plays it a tad faster than this guy,using the same 3 finger style. Tommy D.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have misteken here, i have seen petruccis rock distcipline and he could'nt get faster than 208. 16 notes.(wich of course is fast enough)

Comment

> That is entirely possible,never sat down with a metronome and timed it,I was told this by someone that supposedly did. If I'm wrong,I admit it. Tommy D.
          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

who's the guy playing it?

i got an album from umm.. what's the guys name? .. damn forgot.

anyway.. pretty nice [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              who's the guy playing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

His name is Luis Moreno.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Wow! I used to play that (not all with backing tracks) but I used it for practicing picking. That dude did it well and with a nice arrangement for the backing tracks. I'm impressed!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  > If you are talking about Petrucci's version at the end of his 8 minute solo on Once In A Livetime,he does it at 266 BPM,and super clean. Jennifer Batten can play it tapping the whole thing,Jeff Watson 8-finger style,at something well over 300 BPM. Think about that. I also have an old Europe video where Kee Marcello plays it a tad faster than this guy,using the same 3 finger style. Tommy D.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have misteken here, i have seen petruccis rock distcipline and he could'nt get faster than 208. 16 notes.(wich of course is fast enough)

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. Petrucci peaks at 228bpm with 16th notes, so he could play this piece, which he plays chromatically, at theatspeed easily.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Not an easy piece of music. Even played slow it makes a great workout for both hands.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Not an easy piece of music. Even played slow it makes a great workout for both hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. I've been working on it for two weeks and my fingers are finally feeling less "retarded" on it.
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

WOW...that's all i have to say is...WOW!

-Mike
                        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

you know...I never learned to play other people's shit..

but I think I could learn and play that to be honest..

at least I could watch that dude and "understand" or "comprehend" what he's doin'..

not like when I'm watching Jeff Loomis...he's an alien.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Kee Marcello...used to do a great version of that in his solo spot with Europe..
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                          X