Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here can play Flight of the Bumblebee? (VIDEO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here can play Flight of the Bumblebee? (VIDEO)

LIAR!
    [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I've played triplets for so long now that chromatics are very tough. My ring finger doesn't always want to cooperate.

Check this guy out (About 7.6MB)

Also, if any of you can actually play it right, what tips would you give and how long did it take you to master it?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: Who here can play Flight of the Bumblebee? (VIDEO)

Thanks for sharing! That was an awesome display of finger dexterity! I only wish I could play like that. But I'm trying. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Re: Who here can play Flight of the Bumblebee? (VI

Wow....that was brilliant! I used be able to play that main theme part very sloppily but I can't remember it anymore. The only tip I can think of is make a metronome your new best friend [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I play it quite similar to how he plays (3 fingers on the main theme). Although I never spent the time to learn much more than the main theme.

It's not very difficult when you're only using 3 fingers and if you've got good speed technique. Practicing the chromatic scale across the strings will help with stuff other than the main theme(and your whole technique)

So I would say if you have good shred technique you can learn this in a very short time.

Me's been working on chromatic scales cross string for a while now. I can descend very well but lose the smoothness ascending... Bah, just a matter of time.

Comment

that dude has bumble bee down to a tee, killer shyt man. thanks for posting

Comment

You said it all: chromatics.

He played it quite nicely. But it's actually not THAT hard of a piece to play on guitar.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I noticed on this page:
              http://pwp.netcabo.pt/playguitar/

he provided the backing track for bumble bee at the bottom. but it's taken down now. Did anybody get it by any chance?

Comment

That is impressive playing-i was expecting a vid of Nunu doing his wounded flight of the bumble bee when seeing this thread title-would love to see him play that-anyway thank you for that clip mate [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Ive heard John Petrucci from Dream Theatre Play a cool version of this.Its downloadable off of any p2p network i imagine...
                  "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    That is impressive playing-i was expecting a vid of Nunu doing his wounded flight of the bumble bee when seeing this thread title-would love to see him play that-anyway thank you for that clip mate [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's quality - bever seen anyone do it before.

(Nuno cheated anyway - delay pedal filled in half his notes, which makes it really easy to do.)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I play it quite similar to how he plays (3 fingers on the main theme). Although I never spent the time to learn much more than the main theme.

It's not very difficult when you're only using 3 fingers and if you've got good speed technique. Practicing the chromatic scale across the strings will help with stuff other than the main theme(and your whole technique)

So I would say if you have good shred technique you can learn this in a very short time.

Me's been working on chromatic scales cross string for a while now. I can descend very well but lose the smoothness ascending... Bah, just a matter of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bring up a great point. I noticed the 3-finger technique he was using. I tried that and said NO WAY! My pinky is there for a reason.

Then I made some observations:

1. I like this guy's tab and recording better than the Troy Stetina version in Speed Mechanics. The Stetina version of the fingering feels really awkward to me.

2. But... I can't handle the 3-finger technique....

So, I'm practicing it using the note selection on the video, but I play the main theme with heavy pinky involvement. I think that's the best way for me at this point.

Comment

I've been working on this piece as well since you created this thread. We can work on it together [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regarding the main theme I tried all the fingerings I could think of... and only 3 finger fingerings work for me so, if you find one that works well let me know.

For all the bros working on this piece... After some searching I finally found it!:

Moreno's bumble bee Backing track

*note the ptb can be found on his site as well

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          For all the bros working on this piece... After some searching I finally found it!:

Moreno's bumble bee Backing track

*note the ptb can be found on his site as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! That'll definitely help. I had the .PTB file, but the backing track will be a great tool.
                          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool vid man , i play it like Petrucci has palyed it .Using 4 fingers.What realy helps here is just practice simple 1234. 1234 batterns.

Comment

> If you are talking about Petrucci's version at the end of his 8 minute solo on Once In A Livetime,he does it at 266 BPM,and super clean. Jennifer Batten can play it tapping the whole thing,Jeff Watson 8-finger style,at something well over 300 BPM. Think about that. I also have an old Europe video where Kee Marcello plays it a tad faster than this guy,using the same 3 finger style. Tommy D.
                              "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
                              X