• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POWERTABS!

Awesome utilities.

Comment

Yeah, Nick showed me powertabs like a month ago and i was floored. Great stuff and fairly easy to use (plus alot more accurate than 95% of the "free tab" out there - someone actually tabbed out a pretty good facsimile of the Devil went down to Georgia for powertabs - its keul!!)!!
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Powertab is practically my home page.I like the fact the admin checks alot of the tab and wont post it if its full of mistakes.But there has been a song or two thats been wrong but i guess they didnt know the song.Ive been wanting to submit a few things but it takes me forever to get half way thru one song note by note...
        "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

Thumbs up for the Power Tab editor.. I use it everyday to notate out things for my students and guys in my band...HUGE help!!!!
          DiMarzio Endorsee
          www.dimarzio.com
          Morley Endorsee
          www.morley.com
          "Intelli-Shred" author
          www.myspace.com/intellishred
          NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Ripley - keep in mind that those tabs are created by USERS. I use PowerTabs almost every day, and maybe 1 out of 5 that I d/l are close enough to be called GOOD. And even then, the fingerings are usually screwed up. At worst, they are a great starting point!

Cool tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I usually will find better ways to play things also. I figure out the song by ear first, then do the tab then compare the two and I usually get a better version than just using a tab alone. This is a pain in the ass method though.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

A pain it may be, but it's the best way to go! Using your ear is way better. Provided your ears don't need cleaning! LOL!

Comment

I have a friend who will tab out anything. He charges by the hour (works for Hal Leonard publishing), Is a killer guitar player. He just sent me a bunch of Greg Howe tabs (parallax, and Introspection stuff) that are dead on. He plays them for me over the phone as he progresses, so I can hear that they are correct.
                It can get a little expensive but if anyone needs a tab they can't find pm me and I'll hook you up with him.
                Oh and just because you have the tab doesn't mean you are going to be able to play it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                I don't want to share who he is until I check it out with him.
                the stuff he sent me is really well done and it's not on the internet anywhere (believe me I 've looked!)
                Each tab he sends me he also walks me thru it, so it's like a lesson as well(IE he plays mixolydian for the next 5 bars them over this dominat chord he plays Lydian etc, he's also a teacher)
                this more than makes up for the what he charges me, my
                playing is elevating to a new level now!
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

powertabs is awesome for writing original material when your not with the band. Ill just come up with a riff and just tab it out and bring it to pracice, or send the power tab file to the other guitarist in my band.
                  www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

I use PowerTab for my bass lessons. It has been a great help when transcribing songs by ear since it can play the note durations and you can verify that it is correct. I'll bring professional-looking scores in for my instructor to look at, and he's quite impressed by what this free software can do.

Definitely worth the time and effort to download the software and learn how to use it.

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                    X