Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POWERTABS!

OMG!
    Am I the only person in the world that did not know about this?
    I saw a member mention this yesterday when talking about Jason Becker's "Altitudes"...

Download the software, download the tab...Press the "play" button on the tab sheet and it plays the song for you, lighting-up each note so you can follow along...

Ok, End-of-game...I will now become the greatest cover-band guitarist who ever lived...by mid-June [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, do a search for Power Tabs on the net...Good stuff!

Re: POWERTABS!

Yup, both PowerTab and Guitar Pro are very powerful MIDI-based tools for musicians and I recommend one or the other very much. They give the ability to shift tempo and pitch, to write music, create backing tracks... there are many possibilities.

I originally started with PowerTab but moved to GuitarPro because I personally found it a little bit easier to use and more intuitive for me. However, both are excellent programs.

Comment

www.powertabs.net

ultimate source

Comment

I've stopped buying tab books since I started using powertab. Although you can't get every song you may want from the site, there's still plenty of songs to download, plus it's free to do this.
        And the best thing about is that you can write your own tab for a song and submit it to the site. The more people who do this, the better the site becomes IMO.

Comment

I prefer Guitar Pro. I understand it better and I like it much more.

Comment

Whats the web address for Guitar Pro dude?

Comment

Go here to get Guitar Pro.
              Guitar Pro

Then go here.

My Song Book
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Thanks dude. I'll check it out when I get a chance. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I like guitarPro better as well unfortunately I've found that the Powertab tabs are usually more accurate.
                  Down load Yngwies trilogy suit from mysongBook.com
                  It's f'n hysterical to listen to it!
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Does guitar pro have ratings folks submit on each tab like powertab does?
                    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I'm with you, Ripley! I love PowerTab! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I'll have to check out GuitarPro too.

Edit - I downloaded GP but it's only a 30 day trial. It looks like you have to buy it.

Edit II - and now I went to mysongbook.com, holy pop-ups Batman! I'll stick with PT. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

You can obtain the full version of Guitar Pro very easily. Torrents, anybody? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MySongBook has no popups for me... run Mozilla Firefox and Norton Internet Security, and bye-bye popups! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Ripley - keep in mind that those tabs are created by USERS. I use PowerTabs almost every day, and maybe 1 out of 5 that I d/l are close enough to be called GOOD. And even then, the fingerings are usually screwed up. At worst, they are a great starting point!

Cool tool.
                          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

tab is cool if absolutely necessary, but in the long run, theres no substitute for a good ear. exercize yours today! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] slow it down and pick out those notes yourself.
                            Hear the universe scream
                            Bleeding from black holes
                            Whom horns careless
                            And whom God mourns

Comment

I used to have virtual PC so i could run powertab and it was great, but then virtual PC got all corrupted and i have a mac. Are there any similar tab programs for MAC?
                              www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

Working...
                              X