Hangar 18 Riff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangar 18 Riff

Damn these notes before the chords are fast, I can play pretty much the whole song (Rhythm) pretty good, at the album speed. except this thing, the notes are sooo fast! i can't do it [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Anyone one else have problems with this one ?

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Riff 8 x4
    e|-----------------------------|
    B|-----------------------------|
    G|-----------------------------|
    D|-----------------------------|
    A|-----------------4/5-4/5-4/5-|
    E|-3-2-0-2-3-5-3-2-2/3-2/3-2/3-|
    </pre><hr />

Re: Hangar 18 Riff

That's one of the first riffs I ever learned.

I play it alternate picked or downpicked, depending on the sound I want. Just take it slow and keep the muting tight.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i play 4-2-0-2-4-5-4-2 instead on the low E. Just practice it slow and build up. It's not nearly as hard as Take No Prisoners.

Comment

My weakness was that main verse riff from Tornado of Souls.

Comment

Use baby oil...wait a minute, wrong thread...sorry. Carry on.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Definitely alternate pick the muted part, just like Dave does [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hehe I think it sounds sorta bad when you alternate on that and the downs are too fast aaahh [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I hear ya on tornado though, it's stressful to play to say the least

Comment

Downpicking gets the best sonic results. Once you got this down, try Take No Prisoners as mentioned by Metalgrashopper, that riff is very entertaining, ubermetal and moderatly fast. One of my fav riffs ever.

But no riff comes close to Poison Was The Cure [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I just learned Take no prisoners. It's an endurance exercise for sure, really fun though.

Comment

Man.......... Havent listened to that CD in ages. I remember playing Hangar 18 and Lucretia from it. Fun songs bit I know I've forgotten how to play them.

Comment

See the riff in Tornado has never bothered me too much for some reason, but other Megadeth stuff leaves me scratching my head - I don't really use tab so work everything out for myself, and some of their stuff does my head in!
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Dave usually alternate-picks those riffs. I remember getting the main riff of "Dread and the Fugitive Mind" down with just downpicking. I was sure that it was THE method to play it. But he plays that one with alternate and still make it sound good. I can't [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          i play 4-2-0-2-4-5-4-2 instead on the low E. Just practice it slow and build up. It's not nearly as hard as Take No Prisoners.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Ouch I hear ya about Take No Prisoners, that speed riff section in the beginning is wicked and it took me awhile to get the right speed on that one. Definitely fun to play though and usually a good one to impress the ladies [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I always found some parts of Holy Wars tough......like the intro riff....it just goes by way too fast.
                            www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

Dave and Scott Ian are monsters when it comes to making up-strokes and alternate picking sound heavy. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I never attempted tp learn "Take no Prisoners". How does it compare endurance-wise to "Damage Inc." and "Dyers Eve" by Metallica? I think those are the most endurance demanding songs I've ever learned. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X