Slippery Picks and Metal Riffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slippery Picks and Metal Riffs

I play Dunlop XH and mine never slip. I used to play the Dunlop Tortex (1mm) and they are layered with a powder to keep them from slipping.
    I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

I use the same Tortex black sharps as Deneb. I have them in both 1.15 and 1.35

I used to have trouble infrequently with dropping picks when really tearing it up, playing Krisiun covers and stuff. Now I carve a whole buttload of lines going three directions on my picks. Lord Ahriman from Dark Funeral taught me that trick when I was tech'ing for him one night. My buddy Ed from Disgorge does it too.

I've tried both the sandpaper and drilling holes, but I prefer scoring them with a sharp knife or razor blade. Sandpaper doesn't rough them up enough for me, and drilling holes in them I don't think provides as good of a grip, plus it makes the pick feel thinner in my fingers since I can grab "through" it a little bit. And I have yet to cut myself doing it, no matter how drunk or what drugs I'm on.

Comment

Misanthrope189,
        I started out with the big stubbiess, and then migrated to the stubbies... The big stubbies are easier to grip yes.. but They're just too large for me, as I like to hodl pick nearer to the tip.

try it, it does offer better grip.

Comment

Dunlop Tortex Greens (.88) have always worked for me.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Clayton triangle picks, so big they can't slip!

Comment

I usedunlop stubbys. They are slick but they have an indentation where your thumb and finger go so you can keep a good grip.

Comment

+1 for Dunlop Sharpie .88

Comment

I use the Snarling Dogs Brain Picks that have the cat tongue grip by D'Andrea. You can't drop it if you want too!!

-Jason

Comment

Working...
                  X