Who Shred's w/ 12's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who Shred\'s w/ 12\'s

I personally find fast picking easier on heavier strings, 11s are nice in Eb for me. E is 10 and sometimes 9.

Bigger picks and bigger strings = easier picking for completele hacks like me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

My left fretting hand is half paralyzed (pinky and ring fingers) due to my neck , so I play with super low action with 10s.

I was playing with 9s but the 10s seems to be tighter and focused because I tune all my geetars to D.

Go with whatever works..ya know. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

There is No way I could play 12s with moderate action..there is ZERO feeling in my hand ..it feels like I'm playing with a glove on..I don't know how I still shred..but I do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

How the heck do you bend? What about a double stop bend?? That would hurt.

Comment

"How the heck do you bend? What about a double stop bend?? That would hurt."

All my fingers overlap like a hammertoe..to compensate the loss of my pinky!!

John it's nothing I tried to do or "practiced" my fingers just did that automatically...it just came naturally. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I just hope I don't lose my middle finger that is what I rely on..that's why I'm always showing it to people..it's my favorite finga [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

actually it sucks...but I'm playing better than ever. But I can't play "traditonaly"..anymore..But as long as nobody else can tell on tape , including me..that's cool!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Bill
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I use 13s tuned down to B for my jackson and feels absolutely balanced.I have even tried a 7 string set (ghs) without the tinny B which also sounded great but for specific playing though. Heavy strings rule! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X