I covered an eighties classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gay=ghey
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

gay is used as slang for not cool...anything and everything can be gay
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        so that's your solo on Baby You're a Rich Man, from Disorderlies?

I played every solo for The Fat Boys including all the lead guitar tracks for Disorderlies

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
          I don't get it.

Lionel Ritchie has been with the most beautiful women over the years, WHAT ON EARTH MAKES HIM GAY?

"Talking in your sleep" by the Romantics has a music Video full of gorgeous women in lingery, WHAT ON EARTH MAKES THAT SONG GAY?

"Gay" as far as I know means either homosexual or Happy, Cheerful, like in the Flintstones tune "we'll have a gay old time."

Clarify this for me, I'm really confused with your reasoning here.
          Blaze, its a joke man. The 80's stuff is often bashed for being "gay". As Shawn Lutz said, its a slang term for being uncool. yes, lionel is not gay and has tons of hot ladies that want him. and yes there were hot chicks in that romatics video. but, the 80's music, especially the light rock or pop stuff.

so, it is a joke.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
            gay is used as slang for not cool...anything and everything can be gay
            Why does that even need an explanation? Are some people THAT out of touch. ? I've been calling my friends "gay" or "fags" for 40 fuggin' years. It's a term of endearment. It may not be PC these days..but I don't give a shit. That's how I talk.

I have genuine respect for all GOOD people homo or not. If someone was picking ona nice person because they were gay..I'd be the first person to put my boot in their ass.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
              I don't get it.

Lionel Ritchie has been with the most beautiful women over the years, WHAT ON EARTH MAKES HIM GAY?

"Talking in your sleep" by the Romantics has a music Video full of gorgeous women in lingery, WHAT ON EARTH MAKES THAT SONG GAY?

"Gay" as far as I know means either homosexual or Happy, Cheerful, like in the Flintstones tune "we'll have a gay old time."

Clarify this for me, I'm really confused with your reasoning here.

When I refer to a song as gay I mean its a cheerful happy tune so... if you play in a metal band you don't play gay songs.
              For me.. the word has nothing to do with a persons sexual preference.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Why does that even need an explanation? Are some people THAT out of touch. ? I've been calling my friends "gay" or "fags" for 40 fuggin' years. It's a term of endearment. It may not be PC these days..but I don't give a shit. That's how I talk.

I have genuine respect for all GOOD people homo or not. If someone was picking ona nice person because they were gay..I'd be the first person to put my boot in their ass.
                yep..you know how I know your gay?
                you like Coldplay
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

you like Coldplay

You know how I know you're gay?

..you framed an Asia poster...
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

you like Coldplay
                    uhh....oh......

Comment

I say let's bring back Blazer's originally posted song.

Personally, I have listened to those who have posted their recorded stuff, and when I heard something I liked I told them so. When I heard something I was not fond of or could pick out mistakes or whatever, I never felt a need to let those opinions be heard. That's just me. I have heard JG play and he is quite good IMO. Perhaps my buddy is sometimes brutally honest. That may not be for everybody. We all have our self confidence and egos but we should also show our character through understanding and compassion especially when we share the same passion, our music. (my 2 cents !!)

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

You know how I know you're gay?

..you framed an Asia poster...

You know how I know your gay?

You have a rainbow bumper sticker on the back of your car....
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                        X