Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK guys and gals! Please tell me what you think of my band!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK guys and gals! Please tell me what you think of my band!

Thanks guys! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I actually never believed that we would get this good response! We're very very very happy!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Actually Jerry, we come from the same town as Millencolin! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Man, that guy's vocals rock! As RattleHead said, more of the growls please [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Cool track, definitely impressed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

riddlermarc: Thanx alot man! We're gonna record a new demo this summer, it'll be alot heavier than our first! You're welcome to check out a new track that was recorded live a month ago.

The sound quality is not the best, but you'll get an idea of what our next demo will sound like!

And to all of you who liked our singers semi-growl... this song contains some real growling done by me, and also some heavier semi-growling by our singer!

Insidious - Throne Of Hate

Anders

Comment

Btw... those of you that download the new song are more than welcome to comment on it, since it's the kind sound we're going for on our new material!

Anders

Comment

Good music.

But I prefer bass being little more in foreground.

Comment

Thanks Immortal!

Yes, we're not satisified with the sound at all, but it's our first demo, so we can only make it better from here on! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I totally agree that the sound should be alot heavier, more bass, and heavier drums! We're gonna try to correct that on the next demo!

Anders

Comment

that rocked Anders! Nice job...I love the raw sound of it, I wouldn't overly polish it up too much [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I listened to Area 51 and Throne of Hate, the other one is a bogus link...
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks alot Shawn! The sound is kinda raw, nothing wrong with that... but I think that it wouldn't hurt if it was a bit heavier. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Sorry, I deleted "Captains's Log"... too bad it's impossible to edit the post. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Well, anyway, just so you guys know, the link to "Captains's Log" is dead, sorry!

Anders

Comment

But then again, go only to the limits. Otherwise you will hear people saying how much bottom end you've got on your amp, but in reality the bass is the factor that makes your guitar sound so damn meaty.

Comment

To all of you that liked our singers voice, here comes a 2 minute clip from our latest gig at a local talent competition in our town. The sound is quite poorly mixed, and we didn't play too good to be honest! Bur the vocals are really clear and loud!

The guitar work should be alot better and our drummer was sick, combine that with pain in his right arm and you get quite poor conditions! But he pulled it off very good anyway I think!

But our polish whiskey-throat did a very good job! My favourite part is about 1:34 where the double bass drums kick in, his voice rules there IMO! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Link to the song: Insidious - Throne Of Hate
                      Anders

Comment

Nice and thrashy, although I'm not into the vox.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Ron, the vocals aren't really what you're used to in this kinda music, but that is cool I think! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                          Of course it wouldn't be cool with vocals like Eminem or something. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Everything about the last clip I posted sucks, except for the vocals! The guitars are barely audible and the playing isn't too good. But maybe you listened to this one also?

Insidious - Throne Of Hate live, full version, not very good sound quality.

Much better playing in that one! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

Definitely feeling it man. Rock on.

Comment

Remarks for Area51:

The solo is awesome, it's what I'm listening to right now. Turn up the solo alot, it doesn't quite stick out enough IMHO.

And yes, let the bass take care of the bottom end. Really, it sounds terrific as is, but some people like a higher level on the bass. Very, very tight band, not one loose part detected in there at all. Intro's and exits all land at the same time (something that doesn't happen often in bands that play as fast as you guys do, believe me I'm about ready to throttle our bassist and RG over it!).

My Overall rating:
                              Drums-perfect.
                              Bass-Depends on your ear. From what little I paid attention to, I say perfect. If there's something screwy about a bass line you can tell. Some people may say turn it up, but I think it's fine where it is. It depends on what you're shooting for tone-wise.
                              Guitars-My only complaint is that I personally don't think the solo stands out enough. Very beautiful solo, and the rhythm work was extremely tight as well. The talent was perfect, it is only the mix that I'm biatching about. Very nice musicianship.
                              Vocals-Remind me of Iron Maiden for some reason. Great vocal tone, sounds great in the mix.
                              Overall mix-I really don't see how it is that bad. It could even be released as a professional track at it's current state. True, it could use very minor detail work, but that's it. There are far worse mainstream albums out there (see Nirvana).

Fu(king awesom! Keep it up!

Comment

Wow, thanks alot! Thanks for your thorough list of opinios, truly appreciated! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Regarding the solos: We used crappy distortion, both of us, but I gotta say that mine sounds a little better. The other is so sharp that it's barely audible in the mix! Also the bass should be "rumblier" IMO if you know what I mean. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                                And the hihat bothers me too, it's too loud! But it's our first demo, so hopefully things can just get better from here on!

As soon as our next demo is ready I'll post it here. We just have to finish one song and book studio time! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

Working...
                                X