New Word Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Word Videos

Once again Word very nice playing. You are truly a gifted young man. I was unaware you were 14. I think you are progressing very well since the MP3's I listened to a while back. I hear good melodies in your shredding and pretty clean I might add. Some players are gonna be critical when you ask their opinions and some will be over-critical. You are progressing at an alarming pace for a 14 y.o. and your full abilities are yet to be discovered. Excellent playing Word and on a side note how about a vid with a Jackson just to satisfy us older wish we could shred like that at 14 JCF crowd. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Keep on Shreddin!

Ric

Comment

again...what he posted was pure shred for the sake of shred...nothing more, nothing less to say there's no feeling or taste it does not make any sense whatsoever...it is mindless fukkin shredding to showcase chops, not a piece to show how melodic or tastefull his playing can be. Now if there was a backing track that had tempo and harmonic structure and he wailed like that I'd be jumping on him for feel and lack of taste too but that was NOT the case in what he posted.

My point of my intial post is seems whenever box has a chance, tries to piss in Word's Cheerios. If I'm wrong so be it...but that is just my observation.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
        again...what he posted was pure shred for the sake of shred...nothing more, nothing less to say there's no feeling or taste it does not make any sense whatsoever...it is mindless fukkin shredding to showcase chops, not a piece to show how melodic or tastefull his playing can be. Now if there was a backing track that had tempo and harmonic structure and he wailed like that I'd be jumping on him for feel and lack of taste too but that was NOT the case in what he posted.
        My point of my intial post is seems whenever box has a chance, tries to piss in Word's Cheerios. If I'm wrong so be it...but that is just my observation.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats the point in my posts Shawn. He has only posted some shred clips. Sweeping and shredding are a couple of tools in the toolbox....nothing more.
        I feel he is doing fine at what he is doing....but, I would like to see him get out of this shred only kick. Show us some timing, rythm, and emotional playing. By emotional.....that doesnt mean grabbing a pinched harmonic and making goofy faces. I feel a player that is slightly rounded in all areas is of much greater flexibility to music than one that excels in only one field.
        Take Pete ( TwisterAmps ) for example....he has posted clips of him doing about every type of music......he is one well rounded player. I can listen to him play all day long because he has achieved a very well rounded style of playing. He is very flexible. I couldnt listen to Word do sweeps all day. Thats all I seen him post as far as I remember. -Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

he has done stuff with backing tracks...just gotta get him to post 'em again...hey word...did you ever do one for jcf 03, 04 or 05?...i think the backing tracks are still up somewhere ...would love to hear you re-do jcf01 now that some time has passed...btw jcf01 backing was based on one of word's riffs...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Ok ...I hear ya but let Word just do his thing.

Eric Johnson or Frank Gambale couldn't get the Halford / OZZY / Metal gig ...I bet!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well now...do you see what I'm sayin'
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

actually bill my drummer tried to get me to go for the halford gig...i told him no...lol...i wanted to see neddi get it...he's a great player...and i have too much fun (stress, headaches, etc?) being in devane to try out for someone else's gig...btw, it's great seeing you around here again...d.m.

Comment

I miss you too Bill....since Viv was put on a permant vacation form the forum....you are my last hope for hot sweaty-inmate-man love. Plutonically of course.-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Holy Crap ... [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

OK ...Sure! Listen guys ...really if you guys saw how I play ....you'll know why I back Word so strongly ....
                  ...I once too was a Word ...I was just like him man ...I'd cut school to play my guitar , The only way my dad could ground me is to take my guitar away.... I was a Shredder ...never learned to slow down ...NEVER!!!!

That's what I loved about guitar ...all the fast stuff ..MY HEROES in 1978 at age 13 (the year that started it all) All I listened to was the brand new VH record and Frank Marino and Mahogony Rush live .....just for the solos and divebombs!!!!!

I was obsessed with solos and whammy bars , tappin and making real evil faces ....That's Exactly how I still play...and I do that very well!!!

I can not play acoustic , pretty , blues , clean .....now my skeletons are out!!!!

So I'm a 39 year old Word and I still play with the fire I had when I was 14 .....and that will NEVER change!!!! [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yep...good ol bill is BACK... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...d.m.

Comment

Word - good job. Much cleaner than some of the stuff I remember you posting like that in the past - I can tell you've been practicing! You probably outshred technique-wise many of the players here on the board.

This is my opinion only... and take it or leave it. Your technique is rockin'... now find some backing tracks and practice over those. Once you get more comfy doing that, then find a band... because playing all the scales/cool licks in the world will NOT help you play in the pocket with a band. I was in a guitar player/yahoo room not long ago, where guys were playing guitar. There was a guy who was a shredding monster... sounded like rusty cooley, and this kid was 17 (or so he said.) Just wailed on solo stuff.

He also played over a backing track, and sounded horrible. It was like two recordings being played out of sync. I'm NOT saying you would sound that bad, but if you just focus on scales and not applying those cool licks to music, you're missing out.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                        Word - good job. Much cleaner than some of the stuff I remember you posting like that in the past - I can tell you've been practicing! You probably outshred technique-wise many of the players here on the board.

This is my opinion only... and take it or leave it. Your technique is rockin'... now find some backing tracks and practice over those. Once you get more comfy doing that, then find a band... because playing all the scales/cool licks in the world will NOT help you play in the pocket with a band. I was in a guitar player/yahoo room not long ago, where guys were playing guitar. There was a guy who was a shredding monster... sounded like rusty cooley, and this kid was 17 (or so he said.) Just wailed on solo stuff.

He also played over a backing track, and sounded horrible. It was like two recordings being played out of sync. I'm NOT saying you would sound that bad, but if you just focus on scales and not applying those cool licks to music, you're missing out.

Pete
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Great One has spoken!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Ok! now will you give me one of those sweet Twisteramps? [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        Cham

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                          Holy Crap ... [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

OK ...Sure! Listen guys ...really if you guys saw how I play ....you'll know why I back Word so strongly ....
                          ...I once too was a Word ...I was just like him man ...I'd cut school to play my guitar , The only way my dad could ground me is to take my guitar away.... I was a Shredder ...never learned to slow down ...NEVER!!!!

That's what I loved about guitar ...all the fast stuff ..MY HEROES in 1978 at age 13 (the year that started it all) All I listened to was the brand new VH record and Frank Marino and Mahogony Rush live .....just for the solos and divebombs!!!!!

I was obsessed with solos and whammy bars , tappin and making real evil faces ....That's Exactly how I still play...and I do that very well!!!

I can not play acoustic , pretty , blues , clean .....now my skeletons are out!!!!

So I'm a 39 year old Word and I still play with the fire I had when I was 14 .....and that will NEVER change!!!! [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep those were the good old days forsure thank God we still have Zakk and Metal Mike and Jeff Loomis the guitar world would be a boring place with out those guys and tons of others as well the whole europe crowd and stuff , I hope he gets some where [metal mike] with J P getting back together , cause when Dickinson finished going solo those guys he had playing for him just Kinda disappered except for Roy Z . //Steve

Comment

[/qb][/QUOTE] I hope he gets some where [metal mike] with J P getting back together. //Steve [/QB][/QUOTE]

What happened to Metal mike's other band Pain Museum?

DAN (RHOADSFAN_74)

Comment

Woah. Ton of replies. lol.

Thanks everyone for replying.

As for the different styles.. then yeah, I play a lot of different stuff. Give me some time and I'll make more videos of me playing different stuff.

For the record, I don't use any effects except for reverb on my Carvin Legacy and occasionally a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Wah pedal. I sound the same Reverb or not.. I just like the way it sounds with the reverb on, so I keep it.

Comment

Geez .. you get one guy that gives a little hair of critisism and you jump on him .. I don't really think he said anything to bad other than to tell the kid to experience the world .. It was advice .. How many of you can focus on writing a song without having the tools to do it ..and part of that is experiencing other things as well as other peoples playing.

With that said .. the ***** session stops now.If you guys post something and all you want to read is a bunch of ass kissing then why post? .. He didn't flame the kid or any of you for that matter.. so play nice or I start smacking you guys with Rons tits ... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ July 13, 2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]
                                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                                X