X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free Backing Tracks - updated 4-28

I'll give it a shot.

(half hour later)
    Ok, I gave it a shot. Since my laptop has the cable internet connection and my PC doesn't, I surf on the laptop and do the music stuff on the PC (since it has the soundcard-to-midi interface).
    So, what I did was played the file in WinAmp 3 (winamp 2 didn't have external MIDI device options, 3 does) and yes it does sound better, with one problem. I haven't heard the original version of this song, so I don't know if this one part is supposed to be a drum roll ala Neal Peart or if it's a piano roll.
    If it's a drum roll, the QSR (or my soundcard) won't translate it to drums. It comes out as a piano roll.

In Winamp, it first happens at 41 seconds into the song.
    Lemme know what it's supposed to be.

Newc

[ April 25, 2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pantera:
      5 Minutes Alone
      Cowboys From Hell
      Domination
      I'm Broken
      Primal Concrete Sledge

Thanks!

Comment

Megadeth: Hangar 18 and Lucretia

Comment

Ok, I got those Pantera and Megadeth downloaded.
          Since some of them don't have ratings (and again, I may not have heard the song) I'd appreciate it if you listened to the different versions and tell me which one is closest to perfect as far as notes, timing, and patterns etc, that way I'll know which ones are right and how it should sound.
          Thanks again

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Newc: I listened to the original, and that roll is indeed a drum roll, I also get the piano roll when I play the midi file in Winamp3... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anders
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Originally posted by eet_fuk_81:
              "Stay away from the crack, kids. it's bad for you"
              [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm... I am not sure what you mean there... I didn't mean to offend anybody... I am not demanding a favor, it was just a list of nice songs I like.

Thanks for everything saint Newc... I am also up for the erotomania file Anders gave you if you get a chance to look at it.. that's a nice one to play to...

The midi files Shakeel pointed out are very nice... just open them using the "open URL" option in windows media player, they work fine.

I offer to make a little page with with a list of all the midi files and links to them... (in my own personal page, not the forum)

I only wish I wasn't so hung over and head didnt hurt so bad to be able to play now...

[ April 26, 2003, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Rodrigo - I think he was referring to the Celine Dion song [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ok I went back and got the first Erotomania file and it DOES include the drums (with drum rolls, not piano rolls) even though there's no drum icon in the shortcut link (GRRRRRRR!!!!!)

Newc

[ April 26, 2003, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]

Comment

well, my list does have some jokes built in... like Metallica doesnt have a song called "I suck big time", Celine Dion was there "Just kidding" and Nickelback should just not exist.. god I hate that Kroeger guy!... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ April 26, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Since we're on that subject, be aware that I do not listen to anything past 1990 unless it's Megadeth or the Black album. I have not heard Load, Reload, Sh1tload, or whatever. I do not listen to Dream Theater or any Gnu-Metal bands. If you put a song title like "Nickelback - I should not exist", then I have no idea that Nickelback does not have a song by that name. It's entirely feasible that they DO have one with that name, given the leftovers from the Grunge era and their self-depricating lyrics (that I've heard). I got the Celine Dion joke, but I did look for the Nickelback and Metallica tracks. As I said, I have not heard their stuff after "Black", so I didn't know if it was a real track or not.
                    Jokes are fine, but point them out for us old people [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

So, did you find that "I suck big time" by Metallica song anywhere?... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I would't be surprised if they had recorded one with that name just out of shame for their 90's disgrace... shame on them!...

Part of the bitterness with Nickelback is that the guys are local heroes here in Vancouver... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Did you listen to any of that Timmons stuff?... that's pretty sweet guitar work!... just listen to some of it and tell me what you think (dont worry about the midi files, chances are they dont exist anywhere)...

I have some timmons on this page:

www.mech.ubc.ca/~rodrigo

He has a very sweet tone for cleans that my ear finds very pleasing... good guy!...

[ April 26, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Hey, by the way, your Jackson Roadrunner is the best graphics guitar I have seen in my life!... I love that thing!... maybe I will make you an offer for it once I become a millionaire... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Newc, I was wondering if you could convert this one for me. It's "Wrathchild" by Iron Maiden, drums only in a GP3 file so it's ready to convert. Thank you gratefully.

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/notp...childdrums.zip

Comment

Thats a cool song. Do you have killer NOTP?

Comment

Rodrigo - Sorry, but the RoadRunner is no longer mine [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's now in the hands of a fellow JCF'er who will probably be buried with it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ok, I got 2 days off, so that means UPDATES! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Ok. Cowboys From Hell. Distorted Bass or not? I'm getting distorted bass for some reason.

Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X