Tapping Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tapping Solo

Yeah, a year or 4 at a good music school will put you on the right track. I wanted nothing more than to attend G.I.T. when I was 17-18..my parents were dead against it, so I never went thru with it and I know it would've made a big difference for my career.

If you have the support, utilize it. You only go around once.

Comment

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      heh...I dreamed to go to GIT too when I was younger...very COOL solo, Word: speed and sentiment too...a tab would be welcome for those of us who want to learn

Comment

Please tab it out! I would like to work it out myself but I'm guessing due to your favourite artists you have learnt another instrument before guitar, so you'ld be able to hear sounds clearer ,better etc. Also:
        Its really fast
        the quality isn't great
        PLLEEASSE

Comment

I will see if I can find time... I'm real busy lately.. plus I've been real sick..

I'll see..

Comment

Word, You do really well it seems. I have checked out your site, and at first I saw, all parts composed by me, and I was thinking, who is this arrogant fukk.

After hearing your playing, and hearing how long you have been playing, I think you show promise to be a very very very very very talented musician (not saying you are not now). If you are indeed telling the truth on your playing and how long, You should maybe post what a typical practice run is for you, and How you learned to sweep/shred very fast.

Alot of people ask around and all that, but it would be very good to hear from you since you are developing well, there are people here who have been playing 10+ years that cannot sweep or shred.

I am not saying that is all the basis of music, moreover what I am saying is, With your speed at such a *low* point in playing (meaning playing 2 years), You are doing better than alot of people could dream of.

I hope you keep at it, and it does not bore you sometime.

Comment

Word,
              myorangecat brought up some excellent questions..
              I checked out your webpage... and saw your MP3 practices.... are these what you do for practice? I can't for the life figure out sweeping!! Hahaha....

One complaint.... I didn't see Da' Man listed on influences... I mean... Randy!!! Ugh!!

Excellent work by the way!!
              [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I checked out you're website, and you're talking about looking for a band. Maybe you'd have a little more luck if you dropped the "All will be written and composed by me" thing. No one likes to sit around and be backup for someone, expecially when you're 14 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by myorangecat:
                  Word, You do really well it seems. I have checked out your site, and at first I saw, all parts composed by me, and I was thinking, who is this arrogant fukk.

After hearing your playing, and hearing how long you have been playing, I think you show promise to be a very very very very very talented musician (not saying you are not now). If you are indeed telling the truth on your playing and how long, You should maybe post what a typical practice run is for you, and How you learned to sweep/shred very fast.

Alot of people ask around and all that, but it would be very good to hear from you since you are developing well, there are people here who have been playing 10+ years that cannot sweep or shred.

I am not saying that is all the basis of music, moreover what I am saying is, With your speed at such a *low* point in playing (meaning playing 2 years), You are doing better than alot of people could dream of.

I hope you keep at it, and it does not bore you sometime.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks man, for the compliments.

I'm not going to sit here and tell that I run through these scales, this and that, and then practice this and that... etc.

I have no real scheduled practice, I just play whatever comes to me and try to right different songs that I think sound cool, or I practice licks that I had come up with or were just messing around with. I also throw on an Yngwie cd, Dream Theater CD, Vai, etc. and just jam along with it.

One thing I never mentioned on the JCF, was that I had started out when my big bro had been playing for about 3 or so years. He was into all this Hendrix, and he could tap pretty good, and whenever I came up with what I thought was a cool lick, he would kind of subtly say, "Man, that sucks." I had just discovered Yngwie Malmsteen and was listening to Black Star, Far Beyond the Sun, and a few others constantly. I had also just discovered Eddie Van Halen and Eruption, and every day I would listen to it like 20 times.

Well, my big bro being better than me at the time, I was determined to get better and better. I tried everyday to play faster and faster. I was determined to play like Yngwie. I was also way into Steve Vai too, and still am. Yngwie was the main one that made me want to shred, and that's how I developed my speed picking, just trying to play like him.

Then I discovered ol' Jason Becker, and I saw how incredible his sweeping was. So I kept watching that part of the Hot Licks video of him playing Serrana Arpeggios that I had found off the internet, and I watched how both of his hands were in sync with each other, and I decided I wanted to learn how to do that. So, I just practiced hard until I got it down.

No structured practice time... I basically just play what I want, when I want to.
                  [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i liked it....it sounded great...what gear were you playing through ???

big daddy wombat :-}

Comment

Thanks man...

I was playing through my Fender Princeton Chorus amp which is now sold. I believe I also used my Jem to record it.

Comment

Whatever your doing, your doing well! Real well. Impressed.

Cheers to the one WORD! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks bro! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool solo Word. I'm also really young (15, and a sophomore; i've played 2 1/2 years now)i'd like to record somestuff and post it here but i dont know how to. The only recording stuff i have is the pc microphone one, so it would come out really crappy. It would be nice if you can help me out so i can post it. I'd think you'd like some of my solos if i get to post them because we have a similar style and listen to the same stuff; metal, shred, classical, jazz etc. It would be cool if we ever did a duo and alternated solos [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . By the way, i really wanna post The Return Of the Bumblebee ala Stetina.

Comment

Have you tabbed it yet? PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE E! tab it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I haven't had time to tab it.. but I have recently signed up for www.guitarwars.com and I have to record something and tab out at least 8 bars of the song.. but I'll tab out the main solo part.

Let's just say I'll be sweep-happy. :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X