Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tapping Solo

Thanks guys.

I normally practice at least 5 hours a day, on weekends I go for around 6-8 hours. Or somethin' like that. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Word, How can you have had so many guitars in your 2 1/2 years of playing?

Comment

G.A.S [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Huh? What's G.A.S? Sweet solo by the way. Love the Low sweep and the fast low bit at 0:29. Are you gonna tab it? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ February 04, 2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Suck my Kiss ]

Comment

G.A.S. = Guitar Addiction Syndrome

Thanks for the compliments.. I'll tab it if anyone really wants me too... but I have too much homework! LOL

Comment

Geat playing Word, do you practice 5 hours straight or gay? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Seriously though do you break up your practice into seperate times or go 5 or 6 or 8 hours straight?
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I usually break it up a little.. like 2 hours straight.. break for maybe an hour.. then go back to it.

In my opinion it's not healthy to shred for that many hours straight... not good for the hands.

Comment

I've always seen it as:
                    G - Guitar
                    A - Acquisition
                    S - Syndrome

Comment

Pretty SMOKIN' STUFF, ya little SH!T !!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...There is a kid that hangs around the shop here that has been playing about the same amount of time as you, and PRACTICES as MUCH as you do, and you guys have VERY SIMILAR ABILITIES...about 100 TIMES MINE !!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ..I'd LOVE to set the 2 of ya up here and see a little CUTTIN' !!!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL That'd be cool Doc. I need to start figuring out how to work my drum machine. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You're 15? You built up alot of technical ability at such a young age... kudos to you, the practice payoff shows. Just curious, and not knocking you in any form, but do you practice any other styles like classical or? or is your focus into one or two styles? Are you using a metronome for speed buildup?

I recall I did pretty much the same thing when I started playing (13-14..but not shred, weren't many players shredding in '76-'77) I made a pledge to practice at least 2 hours daily. If you can adhere to something like that and developed a practice regimen that is well thought out, working daily with a metronome, you can build up alot of technical ability in a relatively short period. I felt like I got to a point where I said to myself, ok..I got chops, now where do I go from here?

Comment

Actually, I'm 14.

I didn't play with a metronome to build up speed or any of that fancy stuff.. I just rocked out for as long as possible everyday and listen/soaked in as much music as possible(good doseage of Yngwie and EVH everyday).

Tried to play by tab real early in my playing but it just wasn't cutting it for me... too boring and frusturating.. so I just rely on my ear.

Practicing other styles... hmm... I don't just listen to shred... I listen to blues, some jazz, A LOT OF CLASSICAL, a ton... and whatever I listen to I always end up playing it sooner or later, so yeah, I do practice other styles of music.

There's a lot of my musical side I haven't shown yet on the board... but definatley plan on doing it sometime.

Thanks for the compliments.

Comment

Eehh, 14? Time to break out the cane.. is there a handicap for old men in this section?

That is awesome dude, you definitely have talent.
                              Seems your self taught? (which is great)
                              Do you have any future plans of going to guitar school or taking classes under a master guitarist for anything?

Comment

I plan on going to G.I.T after High School is over.... then Japan hopefully.. if the music scene is still big over there for my kind of music.

Yeah I'm fully self-taught.

Thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X