No announcement yet.

Blitzkrieg (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I suck!!! thats all I can say right now.
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Comment

I think you flubbed one of the 64th triplets.

Damn kids these days.
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

You shred!

What does it mean when someone says something is "dimed." Does that mean it's at 12 o'clock?

Comment

Or dimed like, turned all the way up like when Dimebag would set his EQ and just put every knob all the way up?

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
            I'd be interested in seeing what fusion material you have JC - care to post some?

Let me know what are you interested in , i have songs, i have backing trakcs, i have lessons , i have many instructinals, everything. Just let me know waht are you interested in and ill upload stuff.

After i had played like 4 years of new classical and metal , a member of this board JJW gave me 2 fusion cd s Brett Garsed's latest and Greg Howes Extraction. These cd's changed my life and i have learnt fusion eversince

Just let me know what are you interested in and ill find a way to post it, oruploade some of the bigger stuff

Comment

2 hours wtf man LOL . Nice.
              You are right about learning by ear I just thought that if you learnt it by using tab ill chack some of the runs out .

I know yngwie uses lines in this song that have 3 not per string and then 4 note per string then again 3 note per string, when he is ´decending(those are pretty difficult to alternate pick since because one time you must start downpicking then uppicking then down picking and again downpicking.... a bit confusing) , just wanted know if you also played them like that or you did them all 3 note per string
              Last edited by JC_Denton; 07-30-2007, 01:59 PM.

Comment

they are like you said on the descending runs in the start. Another amaaaazing fusion cd is Guthrie Govans new and first cd. Go to www.tonemerchants.com to buy it, or go to http://www.guthriegovan.co.uk/
                he is god... and if you dont believe in god, then he is your daddy, and if you dont have/know your daddy, then buy the cd and go find him.... Serious player. All the greg howe stuff is amazing, as well as andy timmons. brett garsed and t.j. helmrich? anyhoo they have a great couple of cds together that really rip. i need more brutality in my music though so never really get around to that stuff anymore.
                www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

And once again you did it, holy shit!
                  Whenever I see one of your videos I'm totally floored. Great job!

Now I'm excited to hear your contribution to the Steve Smyth contest, since I recorded that backing track with the intention of getting all the shredders back into the contest!
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

fuck i have to remember to send that in..... haha

Comment

Matthew, do you have any tips on how to develop the ear?

And how the hell do you mute the 7th fret strings in this type of arpeggio?:
                      --10p-7-------7-10p-7-------7-
                      --------7---7---------7---7---
                      ----------7-------------7-----
                      ------------------------------

In your video it seems like your index finger is not moving at all, just like Malmsteen's in one of his videos I found on youtube..

I can do rolling on 5 string arpeggios fine, but this particular shape has always been a bitch for me .

Comment

Nazgul you hold a bar of sevens and do rolls with your finger. So lets say you have picked the seven on e string while you pick moves to b string seven your index finger is lifting the part that holds e string 7 and then start picking the g string 7 and your finger lifts up the part that is holdsing b strings seven and and the same way going down , when you do it fast your index finger will be doing rolls It is pretty difficult to learn at first my advice here is that you hold the g string seven with the very tip of your index finger it makes it bit easier to do those roll mutes(thx to John Petrucci for that advice, helped me a lot)

Hope it helps a bit.

Comment

Ohh damn Nazgul , i dint read your last line , that you can do 5 string rolls lol . then you know about the technique allready , but i am sure the last piece of advice i gave you will help.

Comment

i sortof roll, but i just palm mute them so they are muffled and the notes come through as singles and not a nasty chord...

Comment

Two hours by ear? Wow. Just wow.
                              |My CSG gallery|
                              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Awesome!!! You definitely rock! I'm not worthy!
                                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                                X